Pukki on his way to BDTBL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Snake

Reaction score
Ok shoot me down if you want because I'm not usually ITK. A colleague of mine in Norwich, who's wife apparently knows Pukki's wife, has told me Blades are very close to signing Pukki. Wages not really an issue, but Pukki wants a 3 year contract and will then call it a day on football. Blades do not want to commit to that long and will go to 2 years at a push.

I suppose it depends on the financials of the final year, but both parties are trying to do a deal.

This wouldn't surprise me given the financial situation. Premier League experience, possible replacement for Sharp and within our wage bracket. Not saying I'm happy with it but I can definitely see it happening
33 but a better option than Sharp these days.

Free transfer, sensible wages. Might aswell

33 but a better option than Sharp these days.

Free transfer, sensible wages. Might aswell

He had a bad season by his usual standards last time out but his record over the last 5 years is miles better than anyone else in our squad. Like I said, I won't be jumping for joy but I can see the thinking.

I like to share these rumours with my dad and a few other Blades in a whatsapp group. When they asked about the source I had to explain that someone on the forum works with someone that has a wife who knows Pukki's wife who has said he might be signing for Sheff Utd. It was at that point that I realised I should stop sharing these types of rumours

It does seem extremely plausible, I don't disbelieve it really. A good replacement for King Billy Sharp in various ways, except the age and pace.

He had a bad season by his usual standards last time out but his record over the last 5 years is miles better than anyone else in our squad. Like I said, I won't be jumping for joy but I can see the thinking.
Still scored 9 though in a poor side.

His goal against us (2nd I think) was out of nothing.

A great striker and he also captained U-612 in Das Boot.

konarske_db2.jpg

I can see this happening, played at this level before there are a lot worse options out there certainly for the pond we’re fishing in. This also confirms our budget or more to the point lack of.

wouldnt be the worst free signing but had a bad second half of the season along with norwich but he ran egan ragged in the first half at the lane in the 2 - 2 draw his movement was outstanding could be a clever move by hecky

As a one year hire I wouldn't hate the move, but I kind of fear he's just going to end up blocking the development of Jebbo/Osula and doing more damage to the club in the long run

I can only guess that we think these are particular reasons he underperformed last season, because he looked past it as championship level

My worry with this is that we will otherwise go with what we've already got up front

Hard to really see us signing more than 1 striker, and in that case we really shouldn't be signing a backup. We've got 3 already who should be backups

If he's coming in as first choice then this is very worrying. If he's joining as a 3rd or 4th choice rotation option then I think it's a fantastic bit of business.

Only time will tell.

It would be worrying if the club thinks Pukki is better than any of McBurnie, Brewster or Jebbison, agreed

Did anybody watch him in his last few matches for Norwich (football league prog) he could hardly fucking run and at times was only coming off the bench! Even the locals felt sorry for him! Jesus.. surely we can do better, in fact we can keep Billy boy👍

Not the most exciting signing by any stretch.

But good experience - treat it like a billy sharp of 5/6 years ago but with more recent PL experience, and I can see the value.

Not sure what it means for the likes of jebbo and osula and I certainly wouldn’t be giving out a 3 year contract.

Hope he’s better than Toni Kallio, our last Fin.

Like I said, it might a load of bollox. He's never given me any football info before - but then again, we haven't been linked with any Norwich players before. But you know how women speak lol. The 3 year deal might be the stumbling block - they want a bit of stability before they return to Finland post football career.

Back
Top Bottom