Protected the club, good chance of coming back up next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
Yeah good chance of getting promoted to the prem next season.

Quick question, if we do somehow get promoted….get promoted and do fucking what exactly? Stink up the top flight again because we can’t compete with the likes of checks table Luton Town?

Seriously. The Prince, the people running the club - what the fuck are they even TRYING to do?

Least we’ve got a top class recruitment team to sign those 15 new players we’ll be needing in the summer

Quick question, if we do somehow get promoted….get promoted and do fucking what exactly? Stink up the top flight again because we can’t compete with the likes of checks table Luton Town?

Seriously. The Prince, the people running the club - what the fuck are they even TRYING to do?

Least we’ve got a top class recruitment team to sign those 15 new players we’ll be needing in the summer

Trying to sell the club to some bastard that actually has the billions you need to compete.

There's a real chance we don't finish top 6 with this team and current ownership.

Pretty obvious they are just cashing in on the Premier league money. I'm sure the likes of Fleck, Norwood and Osborn would cost abit to replace to be competitive. Brooks, Ossy and Jebbison will all be expected to be championship quality next season regardless.

We need a new recruitment team for starters at any level.

We finally have a capable manager.

We need bigger investment in the side.

Then we can have a chance.

We've no chance of going back up next season. We need to sign too many players and the Prince doesn't like spending parachute payments on transfer fees. It'll be sell to buy and we've no one decent to sell. Who are promoted teams going to want to buy from us? Anel? Trusty? Slimane? Souza? I can't see any of those out of contract signing for newly promoted teams either.

We'll pick up some cheap players from League One and the Macedonian Championship, and waste what little money is made available on big loan fees and big wages on loanees from the Premier League.

We won't go up. Not a chance.

If the likes of Norwood, Egan and McBurnie get new deals then that further cements our stay in the Championship for me.

I'd rather take a season to give more experience and regular playing time to the likes of Curtis, Brooks, Osula, Jebbison and Arblaster and sacrifice promotion for one or two seasons and properly build a team and squad again, rather then keep relying on the same washed up has beens.

He's an extremely greedy and slimy man
Got to say, i wouldn’t trust him as far as I could push him with my piss.

Didn’t fall for the pretend crying on the pitch and the hard evidence that is the conmen he was willing to sell us to should be front and centre of any weighing up of the Prince and what his ownership is doing to this club.

Agree mate. My opinion I'm more worried about slipping down the divisions with this shit owner and diabolical recruitment team I think it's on!!

Last summer I said our first recruit should be a director of football, I still haven't changed my mind as our recruitment has been terrible since we last got relegated along with mishandling of contracts and poor contract negotiations. Teams like Brentford have a fantastic scouting network because they have such an effective DoF. That said, is there any point appointing one if the Prince doesn't release any funds to them. He's pretty much made it clear that next summer is sell to buy.

Only Sheffield United could get promoted, spend relatively sod all and get relegated with parachute payments and end up skinter then before they went up.

Something is financially wrong and corrupt at this mess of a football club. We're a laughing stock both on and off the pitch.

When we were relegated last time alot of posters thoughts were that we were that bad there is not chance of us bouncing back at the first attempt.
Alot even thought we might drop through again.

Admittedly under Slav we were not looking like a promotion contender. But under Hecky we only just missed out in the playoffs, and if he had the full season we might have got top 2.

It's worth noting that we had the additions of Iliman into the starting line up and MGW on loan. But it does go to show that whilst we might have a squad that is largely not good enough for this division, it is in the one below.

I've thought about this a bit recently, but obviously our summer recruitment, it's actually easy to see what we've done. And why in Luton's case they've improved more.
Luton were able to keep their key performers and add quality to it. In terms of our "better" signings these are only replacing the loss in the quality key players we no longer have.

Our best performers last season, or certainly 2nd half of the season were - N'Diaye, Berge, Doyle, McAtee, Anel, McBurnie and even the likes of Egan and Robbo.
We needed to add quality to this group, now obviously McAtee and Doyle were loanees. But we got one back.

In effect though what we've done is just try to replace what we lost in terms of adding quality.

For EG. N'diaye - Archer, Berge - Hamer, Doyle - Souza.

Then in terms of additional players on top of replacements we see Trusty, Slimane, Traore, T.Davies, Larouchi.

We've lost key players from when we were in form and winning promotion, and tried to replace. In Iliman's case it's kind of impossible but that's what Archer is here for.

The next signings should have seen some players to lift the quality too, but you can argue they haven't really aside from Trusty because none of them are regular starters.

I think there is a quite a good chance we will be fighting to keep our position in the championship next year, seriously. There needs to be 15 out and maybe 10 in, in the summer, roughly, too many players outstayed their welcome and too many players signed who aren’t good enough.
Recruitment department needs a complete overhaul as permanent signings have been shit for 3 years, luckily we’ve been bailed out by Macca, mgw & iliman which obviously are loans and academy graduates. Strap yourselves in blades fans.

I think there is a quite a good chance we will be fighting to keep our position in the championship next year, seriously. There needs to be 15 out and maybe 10 in, in the summer, roughly, too many players outstayed their welcome and too many players signed who aren’t good enough.
Recruitment department needs a complete overhaul as permanent signings have been shit for 3 years, luckily we’ve been bailed out by Macca, mgw & iliman which obviously are loans and academy graduates. Strap yourselves in blades fans.
what bollocks
all clubs of our finacial clouts rely on the odd good loan , we are no different
illiman scored only as many at mcburnie but some constantly put him down
we are a very good championship team but cant afford the step up in quality ie buying 40 50 60m pound players

the chairmans shit miracles with the pittance he has available to him
his only really fault is hes not got millions to invest , but theres little he can do to bridge the enormous gap in funding required

luton are nearly doing what we did first season back , momentum crest of a wave , be down next season if not this one dont get the crowds
covid killed us , lutons got the crowds behind them we lost that

this time the lack of funds are screwing us
if you know of any philanthropic billionaires wanting to waste some excess money do tell Princey

Interesting article by Sam Parry in The Pinch on this, Sam concludes that '...the short and medium-term future looks pretty treacherous'.
Long-term we are all dead.

what bollocks
all clubs of our finacial clouts rely on the odd good loan , we are no different
illiman scored only as many at mcburnie but some constantly put him down
we are a very good championship team but cant afford the step up in quality ie buying 40 50 60m pound players

the chairmans shit miracles with the pittance he has available to him
his only really fault is hes not got millions to invest , but theres little he can do to bridge the enormous gap in funding required

luton are nearly doing what we did first season back , momentum crest of a wave , be down next season if not this one dont get the crowds
covid killed us , lutons got the crowds behind them we lost that

this time the lack of funds are screwing us
if you know of any philanthropic billionaires wanting to waste some excess money do tell Princey
I’d guess that Luton will be husbanding their resources to help pay for the new ground or the costs associated with the move to it - when that happens. They’ve waiting 100+ years for a new ground!

People are underestimating the huge gap in quality, that is only getting bigger, between top-end championship and the premier league.

We have a solid, top-end championship squad (I'm not saying top 2 as Leicester and Southampton are both above us quality wise).

We'd be comfortably challenging for the playoffs in my opinion.
Some of our older players who aren't good enough will be moved on (See Flecky), some of the youngsters will have more experience come next season. It doesn't have to be doom and gloom constantly.

We were realistically down before a ball was kicked this season, we can't compete financially, especially losing our best two players (which will have affected the mentality of those that remain too).

Look at Burnley.
Absolutely romped the championship last season, spent significantly more than we did and struggling just as much as we are.

Football fans are a fickle bunch, especially ours (putting it lightly).
We're a championship team, playing teams that are far better than us, week-in, week-out.

Until serious investment, things won't get much better.
It's really not worth getting stressed out about. Enjoy the ride and look forward to being competitive in a league we belong in again soon.

The Short Term....get to the end of the season without a split in the dressing room or Wilder losing the confidence of some of the squad.

The medium term....put a whole new scouting and recruitment team in place. Define our style of play. Spend money on upgrading the training ground.

The long term.....progression back to PL with a young but promising side...Rinse and Repeat until we are strong enough to establish our selves up there in the long run

At what point the Prince sells up I haven't a clue and I won't let it bother me. The damage has been over the last few years in recruitment. Any potential owners come with risk too. As the wealthy types tend to arrive knowing fuck all about football but want to tinker with their toys because they can. Less wealthy types who understand football are a risk too but would be more welcome in my view. The risk here being there are so many things that need fixing it will require time and patience. but will that happen?.

It will if fans don't throw their toys out of the pram letting passionate overrule pragmatic. While Man City and Chelsea have benefitted from wealthy owners. There are more examples of clubs who are now worse off after the wealthy benefactor leaves.
To name a few.
Leicester.
QPR
Leeds under Ridsdale.
Forest potentially
Sunderland

People are underestimating the huge gap in quality, that is only getting bigger, between top-end championship and the premier league.

We have a solid, top-end championship squad (I'm not saying top 2 as Leicester and Southampton are both above us quality wise).

We'd be comfortably challenging for the playoffs in my opinion.
Some of our older players who aren't good enough will be moved on (See Flecky), some of the youngsters will have more experience come next season. It doesn't have to be doom and gloom constantly.

We were realistically down before a ball was kicked this season, we can't compete financially, especially losing our best two players (which will have affected the mentality of those that remain too).

Look at Burnley.
Absolutely romped the championship last season, spent significantly more than we did and struggling just as much as we are.

Football fans are a fickle bunch, especially ours (putting it lightly).
We're a championship team, playing teams that are far better than us, week-in, week-out.

Until serious investment, things won't get much better.
It's really not worth getting stressed out about. Enjoy the ride and look forward to being competitive in a league we belong in again soon.

Agree with all this except "enjoy the ride", it's not possible really is it? If someone has enjoyed watching us this season they medically have something wrong with them.

Unless we get decent investment I'd rather finish in the play-offs than top 2 going forward. Because we've never won the playoffs and winning at Wembley would be class. Plus if you lose the play offs you avoid a season of humiliation in the Prem.. its win/win.

The Short Term....get to the end of the season without a split in the dressing room or Wilder losing the confidence of some of the squad.

The medium term....put a whole new scouting and recruitment team in place. Define our style of play. Spend money on upgrading the training ground.

The long term.....progression back to PL with a young but promising side...Rinse and Repeat until we are strong enough to establish our selves up there in the long run

At what point the Prince sells up I haven't a clue and I won't let it bother me. The damage has been over the last few years in recruitment. Any potential owners come with risk too. As the wealthy types tend to arrive knowing fuck all about football but want to tinker with their toys because they can. Less wealthy types who understand football are a risk too but would be more welcome in my view. The risk here being there are so many things that need fixing it will require time and patience. but will that happen?.

It will if fans don't throw their toys out of the pram letting passionate overrule pragmatic. While Man City and Chelsea have benefitted from wealthy owners. There are more examples of clubs who are now worse off after the wealthy benefactor leaves.
To name a few.
Leicester.
QPR
Leeds under Ridsdale.
Forest potentially
Sunderland
Despite Leicester getting relegated last season, they have come on quite a bit as a club though.
I think they will go up of course and then stay up next season.

They've seen fantastic new training facilities and academy, scouting network is good. They also have plans in place to expand the stadium to 40,000.

You have watched a Championship game recently, right?

Agree with all this except "enjoy the ride", it's not possible really is it? If someone has enjoyed watching us this season they medically have something wrong with them.
sorry you didnt enjoy us being 9th in the prem
or winning 2 promotions , but when you have to be a yo yo club its comes with territory

ask norwich west brom sunderland burnley et al who all teeter on the brink of promotion and relegation

I d rather we be a prem championship yo yo team than like the wendies a championship - league one yo yo team

When I was watching us against Palace on Tuesday, I was messaging my mate about the £8m and £16m they spend on olise and eze and was moaning about what we got for the same price. I couldn't believe that Palace, a run of the mill mid table prem team could compete financially, then I googled their owners.

Combined wealth about £5 billion. That is why we cant compete. Whilst I agree that the club is piss poor at decision timing, PA is prohibited by his relatively low wealth.

I do wonder sometimes whether people expect him to bankrupt himself for us to have a season or 2 in the sunshine.

Luton aside, google the other clubs owners and their net worth. I bet a lot of champ teams have owners wealthier than ours.

Only Sheffield United could get promoted, spend relatively sod all and get relegated with parachute payments and end up skinter then before they went up.

Something is financially wrong and corrupt at this mess of a football club. We're a laughing stock both on and off the pitch.
So you never saw Ipswich Sunderland Southampton Bolton Charlton leeds utd and others fall out of the prem and end up in league one

we got relegated miserably 2 years ago but got to a play offs and then finished 2nd

is that really laughing stock terrotory , in a pigs eye maybe

Back
Top Bottom