Promotion Bonus

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone think that an ex employee of utd might be filling the mails heads with bollox, someone on here comes to mind.

Although parading under the grandiose title of ‘Chief Sports Reporter’, this is clearly a misnomer for Matt Hughes.

A review of Hughes’ content over the years, reveals a journalist with very little interest in sport from a sporting perspective. Rather, he is a hack who is obsessed with money and finance, and the majority of his articles focus on finance…albeit in the sports arena.

Thus, he has previously written about Brentford players not receiving bonuses should they qualify for Europe; the bonuses that Wrexham players will receive on promotion; the seismic losses that Leeds United will suffer on relegation; the huge compensation that Chelsea must pay to Graham Potter; that lenders have lost confidence in Yorkshire CCC; Huddersfield Town being broke; Brentford having to find instalment money upon Ivan Toney playing for England; Chelsea supporters facing corporate price hikes etc etc. And, of course, this is the journalist who wrote about our “extraordinary” cost-cutting measures to stave off administration.

This doesn’t appear to be somebody who is actually interested in sport per se.

At the risk of judging him at a distance, he appears to be a standard issue nice-but-dim chap who, helped by a decent school, got into Cambridge to read a ‘soft’ subject and subsequently, not knowing what else to do, fell into a role which he now realises isn’t quite what he is interested in. Its a generalisation but I’ve known a few of them over the years.

Mind you, I don’t whether this is worse than the more typical East-end barrow-boy type that seem to make up the majority of our print media journalists. There are very few decent journalists around, these days - especially in the Sports departments.

Reference the bonus payments. Based purely on the fact that we don't receive any Prem money until July. Therefore suggesting some players will have left the club before then.

So glad the mail know everything about our club. Must have come from the same experts who write the interesting news about the likes of Gemma Collins.
...is she signing for us this summer ?

Anyone think that an ex employee of utd might be filling the mails heads with bollox, someone on here comes to mind.
I only did programmes for a few months so I'll ask for a retraction please 😉

I wouldn't even click on a DM link. I wish it was a comic, but millions of deluded citizens seem to lap up it's poisonous shite as the gospel truth and the way things should be. They probably hate us because we, a) are from the North, b) don't have loads of money, c) have red as our prominent colour!!
Anyway, enough of that, let's celebrate by thrashing Preston tomorrow!

Almost as bad. Apparently she's a West Ham fan who's pissed off that we "stole" all those millions off them a LONG time ago??

And they stayed in the Premier league since, I'm guessing earning nearly a billion in TV money, clearly a thick cunt then.

Not really the point...

Wonder if this'll come out of the transfer budget, someone needs to ask Darren - he'll know.
Oh I know it's not right but what I mean is they'll eventually get it and not like they're banking on it right now etc.

8m is quite a lot for us to pay out aswell 😆

I like the mail...but Martin Samuel's is a total c* nt . I do like the press pass on a monday night on talk sport and hes often on being a professional southerner with daft effected voice. Rant over ! .. as for the story .. yes we haven't paid August's wages in July.. it's a non story move on .

I like the mail...but Martin Samuel's is a total c* nt . I do like the press pass on a monday night on talk sport and hes often on being a professional southerner with daft effected voice. Rant over ! .. as for the story .. yes we haven't paid August's wages in July.. it's a non story move on .
He works for the Sunday Times now.

Bert reads his stuff on.... err... Sunday.

Correction from the daily mail. Gutter press.

"The promotion bonuses from last season are due to be paid along with the players' salaries in September, as is standard practice at Bramall Lane. Contrary to previous reports in Mail Sport, there has been no delay to the agreed payment schedule."

Back
Top Bottom