Prince Abdullah

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The owner didn't pick one in midfield against one of the most technical sides in the PL.

The owner didn't spend our Summer budget on Slimane, Traore, Larouchi, Trusty and Archer.

The owner didn't offer new contracts to Fleck, Basham, Osborn.

If he's guilty of anything, it's consistently picking the wrong person to manage the club and not putting an infrastructure in place that replicates most other top flight sides.

But as usual, much easier to blame the guy from Saudi as opposed to the one from Fulwood...
The owner did appoint the guy who spent our summer budget....etc
The owner did appoint the guy who offered new contracts....etc
The owner did appoint the guy who........
Cant be arsed to go on...

It could be very much a straw clutch, but the club tarting up the hotel could show a more serious intention to sell. I’m hoping someone is very interested and just waiting on certain factors being reconciled i.e. division, infrastructure (hotel and academy) etc.

I guy can hope can’t he ?

When the Prince first came in, McCabe was asked how much investment the Prince would bring. He said "Think Liverpool ". Too date it's more like "Lincoln"
Wasn't it Phipps who said that and it wasn't when they first came in. At the time Liverpool were skint by their standards and buying young players.

yes prince out i think its right thing for all parties. but getting an owner at the moment is tough because 1st of you have to get a billionaire which is hard enough & get a billionaire to pay 125/150m & who doesnt mind hemorrhaging tens of millions every season

This season is on PA and the board. They didn’t make us competitive and prioritised cutting debts instead.
i agree on that & this is because he didn't cut his cloth in the championship. but should you have to risk the club existence to have chance of being competitive

That prince is not bothered about the club. left us in the lurch and pissed off overseas somewhere. leaving Wilder to take all the flack.
Selling our best players and trying to replace them with loans and a lot of players out of contract at the end of this season has made the future rather bleak.

The owner didn't pick one in midfield against one of the most technical sides in the PL.

The owner didn't spend our Summer budget on Slimane, Traore, Larouchi, Trusty and Archer.

If he's guilty of anything, it's consistently picking the wrong person to manage the club and not putting an infrastructure in place that replicates most other top flight sides.

But as usual, much easier to blame the guy from Saudi as opposed to the one from Fulwood...
I think that you’ll find the owner did have a say in Traore, slimane, Larouchi. No way Heckinbottom is making these kind of signings

Where’s the proof?
While he didn't talk about those signings he claimed United World were behind Anel and Berge just a few weeks ago. I doubt they are forced on a manager but there's absolutely a plan for United world to discover bargains.

When a business with turnovers in the hundreds of millions is failing it’s not those on the shop floor that are to blame.
Firstly, he has no say in the day to day running of the club, instead choosing to employ Bettis to do this.
He has a board which from where I’m sitting appears to offer nothing of note.

We have managers for all departments who answer to Bettis. Be it commercial, store, media, academy, recruitment, first team…etc etc.
the point I’m making, is that Bettis is either crap at his job, or needs help. I have no idea which it is, but there has to be some responsibility for the current issues levelled at the owner for employing someone who’s either incompetent, unable to carry out the demands of the role….or simply not employing the right people to lead a club of this size.

Wilder has to look at that team put out and tactics employed of late and take the flak he deserves for that, and the problem we appear to have now is that we seem unable to pick up replacements to fill the players we’ve lost since we last had a few good transfer windows. Is that Wilder? Not convinced it’s all him, I suspect there’s some United World bollocks at play that has been having some hand in setting targets.
But we need to start stumping up some wages for better staff, starting with recruitment and the academy. I watched Luton game last night and sat in awe at the players they’ve got, nearly all having pace, strength and determination….all doing the basics very well and giving their fans something to enjoy. All done at a fraction of the cost of what we have spent!!

Our net spend in the last 5 years is the 12th highest in the prem.

So the argument that we haven't been backed is either a deliberate lie to feed a narrative or those making the claims are unaware.

The last 2 windows were shocking, if there was more money available i’m sure it would be a different story but we have wasted what we had on the players we are stuck with now.

Things could definitely be a lot better financially but the real issue is the PA has put too much money into the hands of people who are out of their depth IMO, himself included. The blame lies at the feet of at least 4 individuals

While he didn't talk about those signings he claimed United World were behind Anel and Berge just a few weeks ago. I doubt they are forced on a manager but there's absolutely a plan for United world to discover bargains.
When he refers to United World doesn’t he just mean Paul Mitchel and his network of scouts?

When a business with turnovers in the hundreds of millions is failing it’s not those on the shop floor that are to blame.
Firstly, he has no say in the day to day running of the club, instead choosing to employ Bettis to do this.
He has a board which from where I’m sitting appears to offer nothing of note.

We have managers for all departments who answer to Bettis. Be it commercial, store, media, academy, recruitment, first team…etc etc.
the point I’m making, is that Bettis is either crap at his job, or needs help. I have no idea which it is, but there has to be some responsibility for the current issues levelled at the owner for employing someone who’s either incompetent, unable to carry out the demands of the role….or simply not employing the right people to lead a club of this size.

Wilder has to look at that team put out and tactics employed of late and take the flak he deserves for that, and the problem we appear to have now is that we seem unable to pick up replacements to fill the players we’ve lost since we last had a few good transfer windows. Is that Wilder? Not convinced it’s all him, I suspect there’s some United World bollocks at play that has been having some hand in setting targets.
But we need to start stumping up some wages for better staff, starting with recruitment and the academy. I watched Luton game last night and sat in awe at the players they’ve got, nearly all having pace, strength and determination….all doing the basics very well and giving their fans something to enjoy. All done at a fraction of the cost of what we have spent!!
So using your analysis, it's Bettis who should be the target of the opprobrium?

Look, the whole infrastructure of the club is amateur hour and the Prince as owner is fully responsible for that, but buying utter shite and playing one in centre midfield last night is not something I'll criticise him for.

Being too beholden to Wilder/Heckinbottom is something I'd hold against him.

The Prince sold us all down the river pre-season. A player that cost nothing and gave us a fighting chance was sold for next to nothing.
How many more times does it have to be said that our favourite player just didn't want to stay at the Lane? And who's to say that this same player would have had any success being a reluctant fighter with us in the division above? He aint pulling up any trees at Marseilles that's for sure. Still, it gives folk a nonsense point to have a pop at the Prince.

How many more times does it have to be said that our favourite player just didn't want to stay at the Lane? And who's to say that this same player would have had any success being a reluctant fighter with us in the division above? He aint pulling up any trees at Marseilles that's for sure.
No matter what you say, they will never listen and will only hear what they want to hear.
Bottom line is, since the prince we’ve gone from league 1 to Prem twice, first time round 2 years. Let’s compare that to the tuna fish bloke over the city .. compare the results.

Again, certain fans will only listen to themselves.

The prince could do nothing right, if he appointed someone else and that didn’t work out - fans will be mauling him about why we didn’t bring Wilder in.

If he sacked Hecky earlier, many fans would be saying should’ve given him more time.

He signed a load of money on literally injury prone crap - Brewster, McB etc - in fairness I bet the Prince has PTSD just thinking about spending on players !

Our recruitment is SHOCKING!

Go back further, Ricky Holmes, Luke Freeman etc etc !! Whose signings were they? Yes, he got a few decent signings but we’ve signed more bad eggs than good overall
Contrast that with LUTON this season v Burnley and us. I rest my case.

When he refers to United World doesn’t he just mean Paul Mitchel and his network of scouts?
Not "just" I think it's a mix of all the various clubs so Mitchell might be Sheffield United focused but pass on what he knows to other clubs and vice versa

PH... please fuck off and take your shit board with you!!

Not "just" I think it's a mix of all the various clubs so Mitchell might be Sheffield United focused but pass on what he knows to other clubs and vice versa
Yeh that was my understanding of it as well. United World is naff, i think PA would struggle to sell the benefits of it TBH.

It’s hard to believe i know

We have paid out some significant fees but our wider football spend will be much much lower.

The idea was nice - fees for players who’d accrue value. But for various reasons none have accrued any worth.

We have paid out some significant fees but our wider football spend will be much much lower.

The idea was nice - fees for players who’d accrue value. But for various reasons none have accrued any worth.
Yeh our wages bill is 2nd lowest in the league I think. So it will be balanced out with that slightly.

The prince is not perfect by a long stretch. His worst decision though was bringing Wilder back.
I don’t mind losing by the odd goal, but to get thrashed like yesterday is down to gross bad management. Recruiting Holgate just sums up how out of touch Wilder is.
The prince has supported the manager the best he can with recruitment. He has been let down very badly by both Hecky and Wilder with the recruitment. He should never have given Wilder a second chance.

Back
Top Bottom