Preston Pubs for Saturday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers pal

I had a pint of that, yesterday! (the Come and Go).

Just been in the Black Horse, you can't go wrong in there, Robinsons White Label Citra Pale, dead easy drinking session pal at 3.4%, plenty of Blades in.

Walked up to the Orchard, had a pint of Fell Walker, by Bowness Bay Brewery, a really nice pale ale, at 4.1%, full of Blades (although only a small place).

Seem to recall the Market Tavern being a bit rough but having a few good beers on, I could be wrong, maybe pnealefan can advise.

Grey Friars is a good option if you just fancy a 'spoons. Back to the Black Horse, as some point after the game, for a pint of Old Tom, just to set the mood for tonight!

Hi Blades,

Thought I'd drop a post detailing the best places in Preston to get a decent pre/post game ale or two on Saturday, especially for those who are fans of the Rutland Arms, Beer Engine, Sheffield Tap etc.

I will also been dropping a list on my Twitter page @abeerinpreston and my Instagram page of the same name/handle will give you plenty of pictoral evidence of each ale haven mentioned below.

Plug & Taps (PR1 2NN) - Microbar approx 7mins walk from Preston Station serving modern cask and craft keg from across the UK and beyond via four pumps and ten taps. There are also two fridges with all kinds of special brews to drink in or for the train home. Lune Street Chippy is next door for the hungry and the PA system plays non-stop indie and britpop (you'll have to sort your own Es & Wizz).

Guild Ale House (PR1 1DD) - Preston's first ever micropub which takes a more traditionale approach to beer with seven pumps pouring perfectly kept cask beers of all styles and colours and six keg taps which inc Paulaner helles & weizen. The fridges pack in a mixture of craft, German and Belgium bottles/cans and flagons of traditional flat ciders. Chat is king with no music or TVs.

Orchard (PR1 2LA) - Thirty seconds walk from GAH is crafty sister micro Orchard located inside Preston Market. Ten keg taps and three cask pour the goods with a concentration on local breweries such as Chainhouse, Brewsmith, Rivington, Farmyard, Neptune etc. Food from the market's many outlets can be consumed on site.

The Black Horse (PR1 2EJ) - The first of two jewels in Friargate's beery crown is Victorian public house The Black Horse with its decor featuring William Morris wallpaper, open fireplaces, mosaic flooring and stained glass int/ext windows. Beer wise there are eight cask featuring a mixture of Robinsons and guest beers from the likes of Salopian, Tiny Rebel, Oakham etc with Veltins on tap alongside your usual 'brands'.

Plau & Once Was Lost (PR1 2EE) - Friargate's second sight to behold is Plau, a now Grade II listed building pouring cask and keg beer across 4 distinct floors including its infamous cellar bar complete with restored 16rh century well and outside in the 'Once Was Lost' courtyard bar. If you arrived to find the game off you could easily spend your day exploring this place whilst supping some top ale. Also serves a variety of food but not what I would call matchday fodder.

Vinyl Tap (PR1 7BE) - Beer, rock n roll and the würst menu in Preston are the themes you'll find in Vinyl Tap with six cask pumps and two keg taps (alongside your usual brands) and a plethora of vinyl LPs from ACDC to ZZ Top for your listening pleasure. A menu of bratwurst in various flavours and toppings awaits for those desiring some quality sausage action.

The Moorbrook (PR1 1RU) - My absolute favourite pub in Preston and by far and away the best drinking establishment anywhere near Deepdale which it is approximately 10/12mins walk from and even closer to where Blades coaches will be lined up on Moor Park. Seven cask pumps and nine keg taps adorn the bar pouring some sublime beer from across the UK alongside Paulaner, Bavo, Guinness and Becks Vier. The pub is also home to the infamous Moorbrook Pizzas which come in a dozen or so flavours alongside tasty sides (Menu). There is seating inside and out with big screens showing the early/late kick-offs whilst £2 will get your an all day parking space to the rear.

Hope you all have a good day bar between 3pm & 5pm.

Top man. Good luck for the rest of the season (Bar your trip to S2:)

I’ve said this before the Preston cops have always had the best balance I’ve seen of humour and firmness on all my away trips. The buses are great too:)
As we were coming out, a female Blade let rip with a right foul mouthed tirade. The copper in front of her gave a wry smile. 'Classy, some of our ladies' says I and he laughed out loud.

Back
Top Bottom