PREMIER LEAGUE, CORRUPT AS FUCK

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

VAR was brought into the game to provide fairness all round - it reality, it's being used to benefit the Elite.

The Forest non penalty decisions are disgusting and the Cov-Man Ure decision would only ever go 1 way...... to the Elite

These ridiculous and often obvious 'errors' will never end.

Im no fan of VAR can't stand it and if it was up to me id get rid of it tomorrow

However, if that was Man United scoring a winner in the last minute VAR would be Heralded as a great thing for football

The main problem with VAR is the muppets on TV who get paid to give opinions that they don't have a scooby about which means the viewer doesn't know unless they properly look into it

VAR was brought into the game to provide fairness all round - it reality, it's being used to benefit the Elite.

The Forest non penalty decisions are disgusting and the Cov-Man Ure decision would only ever go 1 way...... to the Elite

These ridiculous and often obvious 'errors' will never end.

Utter waffle

Cov had a questionable 50/50 pen, did they overturn it? No

Just to add to the debate…. for both Coventry penalty misses, Onana had moved well forward off his line before the ball was struck …. No VAR review though. Just underlines to me that the whole thing is there to give every chance for decisions to be reviewed favourably for the big/established clubs. How many times have we had debatable incidents this season that haven’t even been checked. Unfortunately it’s enabled further by commentary teams that continue to look at everything through “Top 6” glasses.
I‘m looking forward to having no VAR next season despite my huge disappointment at relegation.
Not true, unfortunately. Onana's mastered the art of staying legal but moving forward
Shaef - Onana's rightfoot is behind the line
1713791501172.png

Same for O'Hare's
1713791642109.png

The problem for me is that offside is not an objective decision when applied at that level of false accuracy. In the time taken for the ball to hit and then leave the foot of the player making the pass, the receiving player, when running through, will have travelled considerably further distance that that for which the Coventry player was adjudged offside. It’s an inaccurate measurement applied with meaningless accuracy.
If ever we needed an example of how VAR is killing the game, that semifinal was it. It was a fantastic second half that built up to be an epic climax of excitement in the last minute of extra time, only to be completely ruined by a decision that can only be guesswork ( for the reasons stated above) that could just have easily been wrong as right.
I don’t buy into the top club bias of the technology, but am fed up with it being used for purposes for which is was never designed and is not fit for. The offside rule was brought into the game to stop goal hanging, not to penalise runners for having a toenail over a perceived imaginary line.
Cracking post. As you say, offside isn’t about

Fouls are subject to interpretation. Offsides are matters of fact.
Both true however the system used to decide on the fact is not good enough to judge such tight incidents as this. If it’s that close it could just as easily be wrong the other way so go back to the old premise that the benefit of any doubt should go to the attacker.

Utter waffle

Cov had a questionable 50/50 pen, did they overturn it? No
As said elsewhere the pen is a subjective decision so as the ref gave it the VAR would have to be convinced he’d made a clear and obvious error. It did hit his arm so the question then is about was it in an unnatural position. As the onfield decision was that it was the VAR would need to be convinced that that was wrong to overrule it.

If VAR is going to be retained and expanded, the offside rule needs to be changed, so that a player is only offside if there is clear daylight between the attacker and the defender. That would rule out most of the VAR controversies and give the attacker the advantage, leading to more goals and more excitement.

If VAR is going to be retained and expanded, the offside rule needs to be changed, so that a player is only offside if there is clear daylight between the attacker and the defender. That would rule out most of the VAR controversies and give the attacker the advantage, leading to more goals and more excitement.

And then we get people saying "but is his back leg preventing clear daylight or not", changing the offside decision point changes nothing in process whatsoever

VAR was supposed to pick up clear and obvious mistakes by the officials. Did the assistant referee make a clear and obvious mistake by not seeing the Coventry lads toe was offside? No, he did not. Scrap the lines, did the assistant referee make an obvious error? That should be what VAR is for not for shoe size!!! It's not rocket science. Does VAR official go to snicko to see if the defender catches someone in the penalty area? NO. They look for clear and obvious mistakes. Off side should be the same.

And then we get people saying "but is his back leg preventing clear daylight or not", changing the offside decision point changes nothing in process whatsoever
Fully automated offsides is the way forward. You can get a machine to do it. Just have the linesmen there to call fouls etc on the field.

The problem for me is that offside is not an objective decision when applied at that level of false accuracy. In the time taken for the ball to hit and then leave the foot of the player making the pass, the receiving player, when running through, will have travelled considerably further distance that that for which the Coventry player was adjudged offside. It’s an inaccurate measurement applied with meaningless accuracy.
Add to that , the camera are only 50 frames per second. A moving ball and player move a fair distance in the time between frames. Impossible to pretend it's accurate.
Off side is to stop bog lining, not this bollocks.

Yes it was, who said that?

You tare either onside or offside just like the ball is over the line or it is not
If it’s paper thin of a toe nail the advantage has always been with the forward not the defender BUT that’s not how it’s being used is it ? It’s pathetic and needs scrapping altogether

Totally disagree. As long as the law makes it clear about what 'daylight' covers then more would be accepting.

There will always be complaints about any decision or law, likewise with how video assistance is operated and interpreted, but having goals ruled out for a big toe in front is very different to a player being clearly in front, whether a leg is trailing or not.

No player or linesperson can judge an offside in the current climate which makes it a problem for me. Players are effectively timing runs to perfection but getting pulled up for having a bigger toe than their opponent. That's not what football has ever been about.

No, I think you misunderstand. Clear daylight between everything. If there's no daylight between the attacker's back leg and the defender - Onside. If you can see the pitch between them - Offside. It really is that simple.

Yeah seems a bit harsh. But it's Coventry. So fuck 'em, Plastic Brummies. Serves 'em right for letting some 15 year old twat of a drummer bang out wanky old Depeche Mode hits all the way through their home games. Needs that drum smacking over his head. And the cunt who does the same thing at Derby....

i really hope forest go down after the antics of their fans in the play off semi but having watched the game on motd2 i have to say they have every right to post that absolute joke of a ref and joke of a var official 2 out of the 3 were stonewall penalties but its no major suprise that everton are on the right end of the decisions the powers that be will do everything they can to keep this club in the premier league just stinks of corruption of the highest order
I was told that they even tampered with wifi access for the Sheffield united team staff in game analysis and the treatment of blades in the lounge from their chair and his sons was shocking. I hope they get relegated by a var decision that goes against them.

No, I think you misunderstand. Clear daylight between everything. If there's no daylight between the attacker's back leg and the defender - Onside. If you can see the pitch between them - Offside. It really is that simple.
Fully agree, I've been saying the clear daylight thing for 4 years now. It actually p!sses me off that more people aren't clamouring for this because otherwise the game is dead as far as I'm concerned. The application of the rule as it was (and still is outside the prem) is effectively exactly on that basis with the liners erring on the side of caution. You get more goals and less controversy. It all sounds so simple but then I remember that FA and pigmol or whatever it's called is run by w@nkers.

I wouldn't say clear daylight. Firstly that would again resort to disagreement about whether there was or wasn't, and a player can be clearly offside even without daylight.

I've said before, just take a look at the picture without lines etc and if looks clearly offside then it is. If you need to start drawing lines and getting the ruler out it's onside, and a maximum of 30 seconds. If can't decide in that time it's onside. Clear and easy and gives the advantage to the attacker as it should.

Time limit is a good one.

I always thought that a thicker line for the defender, essentially creating a margin of error would allow an "on field" type decision but not sure if that just shunts the same issue on a few cms

Add to that , the camera are only 50 frames per second. A moving ball and player move a fair distance in the time between frames. Impossible to pretend it's accurate.
Off side is to stop bog lining, not this bollocks.
A good while ago (a year perhaps) I read a paper by a research scientist saying the technology is not sufficiently sophisticated to be 100% accurate. With a limited number of cameras, it has to deal with the exact position of 3 different objects in different parts of the pitch moving in different directions. An attacker can be running one way, a defender running the other way, and it is fiendishly difficult to decide the exact millisecond when a football boot ceases to be touching the ball, perhaps 40 yards from the ‘offside’ player - the technology is not capable of pinpointing the exact position of 3 moving items at a precise moment. There is a pretence that VAR can make factual decisions which are always correct.

Back
Top Bottom