Prem ESPN Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Perfect example of so called professionals who take little notice of anything outside the top leagues in football who suddenly have to do programmes like this where they just take assumptions as the likely scenario

I don’t think there is a safer manager out there in the entire league regardless of what happens, not even Pep or Klopp etc

At work so cant watch. Guessing they have us pegged for the drop.

I dont get why people underestimate us. Even before the signings, we had a number of prem level players.

I’m personally not bothered with literally everyone having us as favourites for the drop etc

What I can’t fathom and what gets on my tits for want of a better expression is the ones who have had Norwich staying up

Yes I get they won the league but that really counts for little in the prem and they haven’t exactly been going out spending money either

Just don’t get it, just lazy IMO

I’m personally not bothered with literally everyone having us as favourites for the drop etc

What I can’t fathom and what gets on my tits for want of a better expression is the ones who have had Norwich staying up

Yes I get they won the league but that really counts for little in the prem and they haven’t exactly been going out spending money either

Just don’t get it, just lazy IMO
If I was a Norwich fan the thing I’d worry most about is their defence, they weren’t exactly rock solid in the championship and don’t seem to have strengthened. They got away with it last year as they scored so many but common sense suggests that won’t happen this year and conversely they’re likely to concede more. Not sure how that has them surviving and us not.

There may well be a good argument that we’ll both go down but I don’t really see them as stronger candidates to stay up.

The "obvious" choice to win the sack race???
Wilder could spend the McBurnie fee on Toblerone instead and I wouldn't call for his head.
Most markets I've seen have Tufty around 6 or 7th least likely to win the 'sack race' this season.

Wonder if Steve Nicol could, on the spot, name a 1-11 for SUFC, Norwich or even Villa?

I will fucking love it when we prove them wrong.

Which oundit suggested CW lacks respect for the EPL?

How about the know nothing pundits respect for us and CW and his achivements?

wankers.

If I was a Norwich fan the thing I’d worry most about is their defence, they weren’t exactly rock solid in the championship and don’t seem to have strengthened. They got away with it last year as they scored so many but common sense suggests that won’t happen this year and conversely they’re likely to concede more. Not sure how that has them surviving and us not.

There may well be a good argument that we’ll both go down but I don’t really see them as stronger candidates to stay up.
spoke to my pal whos norwich and he is shit scared about their defence, apparently they got tonked 4-1 in a friendly the other day

Nicol is an ex-pig player says it all really.

i would stick with Wilder even if we went down to league one. after all, that's where he picked us up :)

Steve Nichol says we will be annihilated playing overlapping centre backs in the Premier League, and will finish bottom. What he doesn`t seem to realise is how hard teams are going to have to work to defend against that system, and the goals we can score playing that way.

To be fair Nichol makes a good theoretical point.

Using overlapping centre backs seems like madness and shouldn’t work but for some reason it does with us.
Nicol is correctly assuming that the top managers in the PL will all have a weapon to make this tactic look like football suicide.

However the supposed master tactician Marcelo Bielsa has studied our system and admits that he’s tried to do something similar in the past but couldn’t do it.
So it will be really interesting to hear Gary Neville doing a tactical analysis breakdown on us.

To be fair Nichol makes a good theoretical point.

Using overlapping centre backs seems like madness and shouldn’t work but for some reason it does with us.
Nicol is correctly assuming that the top managers in the PL will all have a weapon to make this tactic look like football suicide.

However the supposed master tactician Marcelo Bielsa has studied our system and admits that he’s tried to do something similar in the past but couldn’t do it.
So it will be really interesting to hear Gary Neville doing a tactical analysis breakdown on us.

I wonder if he's ever seen it, because it sounds like he thinks both overlap at the same time meaning only Egan is in our half. Which is obviously incorrect.

It's more of a revolve, when one side overlaps, the other holds on to see what develops, and a midfielder hangs around with Egan.

There were plenty of fast counterattacking teams last season, and we didn't concede any on the counter.

Man City and Liverpool can score against you regardless of your system, so why not give them a headache and play our way?

I stopped going when we got promoted from L1.
I realised straight away (well when everyone told me) that the gap to the Championship was so great we had no chance and the way we played simply wouldn't work.
Have I missed owt going to Meadowhall every Saturday for the past two seasons?

Excellent. Yet more ammunition for Wilder and Knill to launch at our lads this week.

Let them all say their shit. All they will do is inspire and motivate our players and management to prove them all so very very wrong.

Which they will do. Spectacularly.

Our centre backs won’t be doing any overlapping against the better teams - we’ll be in 5-4-1 when they have the ball, and then shift as fast as poss to 3-4-3 when we win it. Ball in front of our new wide fast front men and overload created by wingbacks.

Back
Top Bottom