Predict the crowd for tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s absolutely fucking pathetic from our fans. If you aren’t going, hang your heads in shame.

Surely we all have choices. We could be watching rugby or cyclocross rather than football every week.
Just because we support a football team does not oblige us to watch every match. Certainly Sky don’t think so when they move the Arsenal match to Monday at 8pm.
If your support imposes on you an obligation to attend every match then fine, but please don’t assume all of us have the same philosophy.
As if happens l will be there today.

Ticket sales suggest that the South Stand will be pretty full with c.6,000 in it and just empty seats around the edges; John Street will be half-full with 3,000 in; and the Kop will be pretty sparsely populated with perhaps only 3-4,000 in. In particular, very few seats have been sold at the back of the Kop, so there is next to no chance of there being any home vocal support.

Understand that Brighton have sold the 2,800 on the Lane end lower tier, so it’s looking like a gate of around 15,000.
Do you think it’s only the Kop that makes any noise?

tickets are cheap and it’s a prem side, gonna say around 16k

I’m a bit gutted, I should really be going, so it’s my fault.

Why would you not want to go see us face another premier league side this season, give your heads a shek.

Expected to see a real bump in sales with it being payday for most yesterday and today. Real shame. Times are tough, I get that, but I'd rather spend £15 going to the lane than a few pints in the center. Looking forward to it 👍

Speak for yourself, many of us don't get paid until the last working day of the month, and it seems like about 18 weeks since we last got paid before Christmas.

Good that the kop is open. Shame the BL Upper isn't. Back when we were averaging under 20k we never closed parts of the ground. If Brighton have sold out the lower tier, why not allow their fans to sit in the upper tier? For the cost of employing a few more stewards it seems daft not to. Even 400 fans up there would bring in an extra 6 grand.

Do you think it’s only the Kop that makes any noise?
Tends to be the case for cup matches because, with tickets no longer being reserved for season ticket holders to get their usual seat, we now find that groups of fans that sit together for league games tend to get split up and dispersed all other the ground.

The centre of the South Stand where we sit, is filled with a totally different group of people from the ones who have sat there for years for league games and all know each other. Now for cup games, it is a load of strangers and - justifiably or not - fans tend not to chant or sing when sat amongst people they don’t know as opposed when there are groups of mates together.

Agree with all that. It’s just that I think that sometimes those on the Kop think they’re the only ones who make any noise. I think it’s because they can’t hear what noise the rest of the ground is making just as I can only hear noise from the Kop a couple of times in the match and don’t hear the John Street at all.

I sit in the Westfield corner. Or is it called something else these days, not sure?

Back
Top Bottom