Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Preston

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Cheers Panchero!

Do we consider them as a "bogey " team
Mind you had some good weekends away at Preston games, Friday to Sunday in Blackpool

Thanks Roy. Not necessarily pessimistic comments more like realistic. They're not expecting much but it'll be a tricky one for us I think, with a whiff of the scrappy win like the other night about it.

Always hard games against these. This season their defence is tighter than ever. I see a very similar game as the Swansea one. Quite even and could swing 1 nil either way.
If we turn them over 2 or 3 nil, that really puts a marker down as to how good we are.

I'll take a draw though to be fair. Win at home, draw away and you get promoted.

I don't think our team this season is as naïve as the one that went to Deepdale last year and pissed away a 2 goal lead to 10 men.

If we score first, I'd hope that we can go on and win against a bunch of perennial also-rans, they'd have no choice to commit bodies forward and if we're anything like Tuesday, we've got the ability to pick them off on the break.

I feel more comfortable with our lanky defence dealing with balls to feet to be honest with the famous John Egan ball over the top routine. Out of curiousity, are there any stats on this?

Looks like they will pack midfield, sit back and wait for a chance, can’t believe how few goals they have scored

Their comments are as dull as their fans.
And football.

I've already said on match thread. Bus parked, slow game, frustrating as we try and break through their 14 man defence. They'll catch us on the break a few times no doubt.

Unless Wes decides to ping one at his own defence again we really should be coming away with a point here at the very least but should expect all 3.

With all that being said someone on there called us the best team in the league so... they're alright by me

If a certain player gets on the pitch, I think it would be best we don't start singing his name this time when he comes on.

Aged like milk last season..

Back
Top Bottom