Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Burnley are the only saving light we have this season, for everyone talking of lack of investment in the squad (which I do completely agree with) Burnley have invested including buying one of our best players from last season and will end up 1 place above or below us. PL is now for financial giants, not wannabes.

Lets make it a battle tomorrow (and I mean on and off the pitch) as we will be facing them again next season and need to start dominating teams like this again.

Thanks Roy.

I would really like us to shove most of their opinions back down their throats, absolutely no way are they better than us.

Welcome Burnley we’ve been patiently waiting for you. Hope the pundits watch this one. When I say Welcome may I rephrase that, “Welcome to hell Burnley”

Thanks Roy

Brilliant - Burnley fans now having digs at us for being a physical side. They have had a season and a half playing passing football, prior to that, they had Shaun Dyche’s industrial brand of football, but now they get to be snooty about the way we play!
Burnley fans, by and large, aren't having a dig (whether accurately or otherwise). It's envy rather than crticism. Our defence and goalkeeper have been so lightweight and easy to push around for most of the season.

“Muric should keep his place because I don’t think Trafford will be able to cope with the physicality that Sheff Utd will bring next week"
Did Muric not play in the 5-2 ??
That’s what I was thinking, we terrorised him in the 5-2 so it’s a strange thing to think he’s somehow going to be the difference

“We simply cannot lose on Saturday. A win won’t make me believe that we are staying up, but to just not be the worst team in the PL will be better than nothing.
A nice low bar for us”

So if they lose they get docked 10 points and go below THAT Derby team do they? Or are they just buying into the silly media shit about us being the worst ever?

“We are much better than Sheff U, but will we show it on the day?

Not that much better over 32/33 games are they? Take out our shocking performance at turf moor and there's fuck all between us. If we're the worst ever, they're pretty fucking close.

“We simply cannot lose on Saturday. A win won’t make me believe that we are staying up, but to just not be the worst team in the PL will be better than nothing.
A nice low bar for us”

So if they lose they get docked 10 points and go below THAT Derby team do they? Or are they just buying into the silly media shit about us being the worst ever?
"The worst team in the PL" isn't the same as "the worst team that has ever been in the PL". The worst team in the PL is either you or us. Derby aren't in the PL.

“Benson’s first half away at Sheff Utd last season was the best individual display I saw all season and there was a lot to choose from. He ripped them to pieces single handedly."

We made 2 mistakes and he scored 2 goals. Apart from that he did fuck all. People have really weird memories

Also

“The most frustrating part for me is that if we stayed up, I could really see us pushing on next season.
Relegation is a big step backwards, but the team can still evolve.
Most players are still learning the VK style, hopefully a bit of consistency over the next 18 months will help.”

So if you were better at football, you'd be in a better position? VK's style????
Still has those defending him.

It’s not he’s overrated it’s that the players aren’t picking up his style!

I really thought they would be more positive!

Looks like the Kompany lustre is finally wearing off for Burnley fans?

I still find it slightly mad that he got a contract at a Championship club that summer! Absolutely fair play to him and all the best but I thought he'd be dropping a league, maybe even two.
He would have got a contract at a Premier League club this season if Hecky got his own way! 😳

Not looking forward to this! We don’t seem to have a defence and when we do have a defence it’s not good enough.

El Crapico

Player for player, if we had a fully fit squad - I firmly believe we’d be well above them this season. Even if still fighting relegation.

Sadly with all our injuries, I’m expecting defeat today….something like 1-3….To be honest, even if he’s carrying an injury - I’d still put McBurnie in the pitch for at least part of the match as they clearly don’t like him at all and struggled with him at BL last season.

Roll on next season!

Player for player, if we had a fully fit squad - I firmly believe we’d be well above them this season. Even if still fighting relegation.

Sadly with all our injuries, I’m expecting defeat today….something like 1-3….To be honest, even if he’s carrying an injury - I’d still put McBurnie in the pitch for at least part of the match as they clearly don’t like him at all and struggled with him at BL last season.

Roll on next season!
Stop these fantasies this squad isn’t good enough fit or not

I agree it is definitely not good enough to stay up - but in my view - it would be good enough to beat Burnley

Back
Top Bottom