Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Cheers roy, not bad comments and the el crapico is a good line, im confident of a win for this one

“It’s a funny fixture is Sheff Utd. History tells us it tends to be a home win either way.
You have to go back to the Coyle season of 2008 for our last victory at Bramall Lane. Before that you’re going back to 1973, so to say it’s a rarity is an understatement."

I never understand why any fan thinks games from 16 and 51 years ago give a clue to a result. Very odd.

Cheers Panchero!

“Muric should keep his place because I don’t think Trafford will be able to cope with the physicality that Sheff Utd will bring next week, Wilder will have them really fired up for this match they will throw everything at us because a win would take them to one point behind us with a game in hand (man Utd ) and they could easily win that, that would leave us rock bottom.”

nurse-halloween.gif

The first few mirrored my feelings entirely, we're crap they're crap, we just need to finish above them so that we can say somebody else is crapper than us.
The one who said they're a much better team than us, so much better equates to 4 points (hopefully 1 point come Saturday night), I'm getting sick of this fallacy that we are a physical side, we're not, if only we were.
Cheers Roy

Last edited:
Cheers Roy, fingers crossed, this and Forest are 2 games that matter most now, were down, but not t get beat by these 2 is all that matters now really.

“Benson’s first half away at Sheff Utd last season was the best individual display I saw all season and there was a lot to choose from. He ripped them to pieces single handedly."

We made 2 mistakes and he scored 2 goals. Apart from that he did fuck all. People have really weird memories

Also

“The most frustrating part for me is that if we stayed up, I could really see us pushing on next season.
Relegation is a big step backwards, but the team can still evolve.
Most players are still learning the VK style, hopefully a bit of consistency over the next 18 months will help.”

So if you were better at football, you'd be in a better position? VK's style????

“Benson’s first half away at Sheff Utd last season was the best individual display I saw all season and there was a lot to choose from. He ripped them to pieces single handedly."

We made 2 mistakes and he scored 2 goals. Apart from that he did fuck all. People have really weird memories

Was also up against the ghost of Enda Stevens that day. I know we're not exactly blessed at LWB at the minute but the level Enda was at then should be a clearable bar for whoever we trot out.

I really want to catch these f*ckers and finish above them. They've been dealt with very favourably by pundits this season and how dire they've been has largely gone under the radar (mainly due to how utterly inept we've been). Would be hilarious if this United team didn't finish bottom in what has been a catastrophic season by every measure.

Was also up against the ghost of Enda Stevens that day. I know we're not exactly blessed at LWB at the minute but the level Enda was at then should be a clearable bar for whoever we trot out.
Wasn't it JLT who fell over to give him the 2nd goal?

Wasn't it JLT who fell over to give him the 2nd goal?

For the goal itself yeah but I'd say that the reason anonymous Burnley commenter thought that Benson played so well overall was because of the man who was generally trying to stay with him.

Someone's bumped Deadbat's report from that day actually and he gave Enda a 3.5 out of 10 in a match we won 5-2 :oops:

For the goal itself yeah but I'd say that the reason anonymous Burnley commenter thought that Benson played so well overall was because of the man who was generally trying to stay with him.

Someone's bumped Deadbat's report from that day actually and he gave Enda a 3.5 out of 10 in a match we won 5-2 :oops:

I still break out into a cold sweat when I think of Enda up against Johnson in the 1st leg of the play off semi…

I remember Enda scoring in the 4-0 win v Fulham on the last day of 21/22 and being absolutely horrendous. RND plays the first leg and we get to lose the play off final to Huddersfield

I still break out into a cold sweat when I think of Enda up against Johnson in the 1st leg of the play off semi…

I remember Enda scoring in the 4-0 win v Fulham on the last day of 21/22 and being absolutely horrendous. RND plays the first leg and we get to lose the play off final to Huddersfield

I still find it slightly mad that he got a contract at a Championship club that summer! Absolutely fair play to him and all the best but I thought he'd be dropping a league, maybe even two.

I still find it slightly mad that he got a contract at a Championship club that summer! Absolutely fair play to him and all the best but I thought he'd be dropping a league, maybe even two.
I thought he'd go back to Ireland

Slightly optimistic about this one depending on our defensive availability

“The most frustrating part for me is that if we stayed up, I could really see us pushing on next season.
Relegation is a big step backwards, but the team can still evolve.
Most players are still learning the VK style, hopefully a bit of consistency over the next 18 months will help.”
They've had nearly two seasons of "learning the VK style" and they're clearly either not very good or not very good at doing what they're told.

Anyhow...my only hope is that they stick to their principles and try and play out from the back. We might actually have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom