Roy's View From... Pre-match view from Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks Roy, now I know the kick off is near. What are those comments about though, I don't think they have got the hang of what is expected of them?
Southern jessies!

Hallelujah!!!

Cheers Roy!

I was at this game, what the hell is this guy blathering about?

“I remember the last time we played them (United won 1-0 with a Jamie Murphy goal) for the utter shithousery deployed by the Blades. We are all familiar with it now and ourselves are no angels either but back then it was a shock. Of course Gillingham and Chesterfield were well known for the dark arts in the lower leagues but Sheffield United were the first side I saw employ it to such an extreme level.”

It was under Wilson; Murphy's shot hit the post but rebounded back to him and he tucked away the rebound. Wilson was really starting to struggle by that stage and although that win sent us top we'd drawn 12 of 33 games (won 16, lost 5) and we staggered down the finishing straight winning only 3 of the final 13 games (drawing another 6).

Our line up that day was a who's who of recent United shithouses. What an absolute abomination of a team Wilson constructed:
Long
McMahon Maguire Collins Higginbotham
Flynn McDonald Doyle Robson
Kitson
Murphy
Subs: Coyne (GK), Westlake, Hill, McFadzean, Poleon, Ironside, De Girolamo
Bold indicates players more interested in spoiling than playing football.

Its still early doors and opposition supporters are neither slagging us or the team off plus they have no idea who plays for us or how we play, which I kinda like, hopefully at the end of the game they complain about how crap they were and how they didn't turn up.

Thanks Roy.

I think we'll be dismissed like this for a while. I'm not sure they'll know any of our players other than Jagielka. Makes a change from "they are terrible. How are they near the top. Awful fans. Blah blah blah".

It's a great test for us. They are a very well established Premier League team with some very good players. But they aren't unbeatable. We'll most probably concede at least 2 (they scored at least 2 at home 10 times last year) so we need to be willing to attack.

If I was a neutral I'd assume a 3-1 home win. Hopefully we can ruin a lot of bets ( I bet we are one of the Sky boost triple teams)

On our last visit, Little BB (7 at the time) was plucked from the crowd at half time to take a penalty against their mascot. He scored and was given a fine ovation by the Blades fans......a real chest out "that's my boy" moment, I have to say.😊

It was under Wilson; Murphy's shot hit the post but rebounded back to him and he tucked away the rebound. Wilson was really starting to struggle by that stage and although that win sent us top we'd drawn 12 of 33 games (won 16, lost 5) and we staggered down the finishing straight winning only 3 of the final 13 games (drawing another 6).

Our line up that day was a who's who of recent United shithouses. What an absolute abomination of a team Wilson constructed:
Long
Kitson
Murphy

I seem to remember McMahon having a really good game, fans all singing his name...

That bench must be one of the very worst we've ever put out for a league game though. Dear me.

Long
Kitson
Murphy
Christ that bench is absolutely terrifying to look at

Its still early doors and opposition supporters are neither slagging us or the team off plus they have no idea who plays for us or how we play, which I kinda like, hopefully at the end of the game they complain about how crap they were and how they didn't turn up.
Maybe I am less charitable than you but I think that they see what we might or might not do in the game as irrelevant to the inevitable outcome of 3pts for them.
They regard themselves as an established PL side and because nearly every pundit says we are this year’s cannon fodder they needn’t concern themselves with us or how we play.

I agree with you, though, it’s perfectly set up for the usual “they weren’t anything special, we just didn’t play on the day” in the post match view from. Hope that’s how it goes!

Wow. One of the worst Views From, ever.
It’s not a view from at all - it’s an introspective, dismissive, arrogant, self indulgent review of their own team. Hardly anything about the opposition. Were an irrelevance to them. Seems indicative of how everyone is viewing Sheffield United this season - and this from Bournemouth!! Fucking Bournemouth!!

Fucking gull infested, no name, incontinent piss pot on the south coast shit hole.

Without the billionaire, ruble chomping, Muscovites, they would be nothing. Fucking nothing, other than a League 1 no name.

Well that was a let down the dozen or so fans commenting clearly know next nothing about Sheffield United 95% must be glory hunters who started going after Bournemouth were promoted.............................. more history on a three year old car.

Wow. One of the worst Views From, ever.
It’s not a view from at all - it’s an introspective, dismissive, arrogant, self indulgent review of their own team. Hardly anything about the opposition. Were an irrelevance to them. Seems indicative of how everyone is viewing Sheffield United this season - and this from Bournemouth!! Fucking Bournemouth!!

Fucking gull infested, no name, incontinent piss pot on the south coast shit hole.

Without the billionaire, ruble chomping, Muscovites, they would be nothing. Fucking nothing, other than a League 1 no name.

Sitting on the fence again Kenilworth ? ;)

Interesting to read a View From with barely anything about SUFC in it. I know they've only got 10 fans, but someone might have watched us last season?

Vast majority of them will have only started paying attention when they reached the Prem. Nailed on. Not a single one of them has any idea about us - unfortunately I've no doubts Howe will have done his research.

Cheers Roy

I thought I was so happy for tomorrow, that nothing would get to me...........then I read “dark arts” and get more defensive than pigs at lane under Jos.

Fucking love it!!!

Back
Top Bottom