Pre-Match View From Bolton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No sweat. We will swat em away like fly's tomorrow. Fancy us to play well and have a comfortable victory.

Nothing to get into a tizz about, with these gormless fukas.

Fleck, Norwood and Duffy / Woodburn are going to have a fucking field day against these agricultural, anti-football tosspots. I'm going for a healthy 2 to 3 goal win for United (with Donaldson scoring for them... Cause we don't do clean sheets :D)

I think the rivalry originated in the 80s & 90s, there were some epic tear-ups between the two sets of fans. That we've been following each other around for the past couple of years seems to have re-ignited this.

They've probably never forgiven us for the March 84 game at Burnden Park where a big group of United hoolies (led by Mick n Dave S*****y) jumped into the home area and started giving a few slaps out. If so, they can certainly hold a grudge.

It was the game were we thought we had blown promotion and Edwards got kicked in the mouth as he scored a very late consolation goal - which as it happened, was the goal that probably got us promoted on goals scored (level on goal difference with Hull Shitty).

“Donaldson is a great option from the bench – looks a handful and will be able to hold the ball up to close games out”

Since when?

Used to come on and look like bamby on ice for us towards the end of the season....

you ‘ve all missed the killer comment ;)
sheff utd will try and dominate posession
finally.. we’ve been recognised as a football team
bolton? not reight bothered either way
madine/ parkinson?? weapons grade twats

To be fair our team under Bassett was probably more of a football team than Bolton.

I think late 70s, they had a good team, had some high crowds of 30 odd thousand. Frank Worthington was around back then.

We had some scraps there back then at Burnden Park.

I know back in the day they had some decent crowds but thought it was much longer than that ago.

Buying a new stadium and selling its name to any comer is a surefire way to alienate fans. As is playing turgid shite and financially strangling a club.

derekacorah Found this

Also if I remember correctly at BDTBL 1976 near Christmas they had the away end and nearly half the south stand.

What an odd bunch.

As many have said, we don’t have a rivalry with Bolton. Sure their chairman tried to make it a rivalry with his comments around when we played them in league one, but I thought that got laughed off when we smashed them in the league and they ended nowhere near us.

Madine is a prick, I hate that pantomime villain, but as for Bolton, nothing.

I hope our fat little piggy smashes a few chubby goals in though. But I hope that every week and he often does... given his fantastic goal scoring record.

They've probably never forgiven us for the March 84 game at Burnden Park where a big group of United hoolies (led by Mick n Dave S*****y) jumped into the home area and started giving a few slaps out. If so, they can certainly hold a grudge.

It was the game were we thought we had blown promotion and Edwards got kicked in the mouth as he scored a very late consolation goal - which as it happened, was the goal that probably got us promoted on goals scored (level on goal difference with Hull Shitty).
That was a crazy day. I think it was a Bank Holiday. The away end was similar to blackpools or Bradfords at the time a big open air terrace behind the goal with a fence down the middle sectioning us off. Their home end was the fairly large side terrace near the away end. Not sure if there were seats above it but as you say several dozen blades came from the top of their terrace and the fleeing Bolton fans had to run on the pitch to get away. There were two groups of younger fans kicking lumps out of each other and lobbing bricks on the smaller side terrace opposite all through the second half. There were pockets of Blades fans all around the ground and it kicked off everywhere. The only positive thing I can say about Bolton is that famous L. S. Lowry painting of Burnden Park. Going to The Match. Which I saw in Manchester Lowry centre a few weeks ago and which inspired lots of subsequent paintings of football grounds.

That was a crazy day. I think it was a Bank Holiday. The away end was similar to blackpools or Bradfords at the time a big open air terrace behind the goal with a fence down the middle sectioning us off. Their home end was the fairly large side terrace near the away end. Not sure if there were seats above it but as you say several dozen blades came from the top of their terrace and the fleeing Bolton fans had to run on the pitch to get away. There were two groups of younger fans kicking lumps out of each other and lobbing bricks on the smaller side terrace opposite all through the second half. There were pockets of Blades fans all around the ground and it kicked off everywhere. The only positive thing I can say about Bolton is that famous L. S. Lowry painting of Burnden Park. Going to The Match. Which I saw in Manchester Lowry centre a few weeks ago and which inspired lots of subsequent paintings of football grounds.

That's about how I remember it, and yes I think there were seats above the main home end where the blades jumped in from. Game as pheasants the Blades that day. They certainly showed more 'bottle' (even in misguided youth) than the team did.

Last edited:
That was quite a day. We were sat in the opposite stand from were the united fans on the full time whistle jumped down into the notlob fans, who then ran onto the pitch and across to the other end to get away only then to get caught coming out of the ground by more united fans.
Back in the 70s I went to Burnden parks a few times to see the Blades, it was always kicking off there. Brick throwing twats just like stoke fans.

Love this one as it's quite funny...

“Carbon copy of last night 1-0 will do me And their manager and fans will moan like the miserable fookers that they are because even though they won League 1 they’ve realised that they aren’t actually Barcefuckinglona and they can stick their greasy chip butties where the sun doesn’t shine

Think he's a closet Blade :D

Can't disagree with that. Great song but tastes like .... :confused:

My noblot supporting mate is over for the weekend and he can't believe how deluded his own fans are obviously he's really pleased how they have started but he thinks they will fall away (hates Parkinson )

Last night I had two separate conversations with two different Trotters and both said almost exactly the same thing. They were very lucky to beat Brum, they were really poor until Ameobi came on and Oztumer was playing really well until Parkinson took him off. It’s still hoofball and they want Parkinson gone.

If we’re bookies favourites, it’s because we’re a better team than they are, although so were Brum.....

Imagine having to have a bus for home fans to your ground from the city/town centre. :eek:

We’re just better at football then they are. We know it. They know it. They just don’t like it.

They can fuck off though, we live in a city 1,000 x greater than their shit hole.

Back
Top Bottom