Pre-match Prostate Cancer Collection

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

itsinyerblood

Reaction score
I'm posting this to alert all Blades who are going to Friday's game against Stevenage.

Along with several other people I'll be outside the ground collecting for the above charity. I know there are a lot of demands on our pockets these days, so asking for your support could be a plea that's met with the response, "Not another charity FFS!"

Well I'm unashamedly asking you to keep an eye out for myself and the other collectors. We'll be wearing t-shirts to let everyone know who we are, so you can't turn a blind eye and pass us by...well I suppose you could if you can't be arsed to dip into your pocket and pick out a 50p or £1 coin and part company with it so that help can be provided for those who suffer from this devastating illness?

It'll only take you a few seconds to part with small change that could change someone's life forever. So I'm asking each and everyone of you who are attending Friday's game to give generously and help. It could mean the difference between life and death for someone you'll never meet, isn't that the best way to show that you care?

Thanks in anticipation, and if you happen to see me (6'+, carrying too much weight for my own good, wearing a charity t-shirt), even if I've posted in opposition to you, put that to one side, say hello, and give a little to help a lot.

I will also be there with one of my mates doing the collection so echo exactly what IIYB says above. I never really understood how devastating prostate cancer is until they launched the men united campaign and from reading into it, it seems like they could do with all the help they can get!

Nice one, me and my son will be looking out for you. On Sunday, my 6 year old charmed a bunch of Irish old boys in the Irish bar we went into in Kingsbury before the match. One of them gave him a £2 coin as part of a little trick. He kept it for luck. That'll be coming your way tomorrow. UTB

Whilst it's a very good cause ( like most) I personally hate the way charities which collect in pubs and outside football grounds.

I usually give a day a month of my per diem to charities, prostate cancer being one of them, but I don't like the begging mentality of charities nowadays which seems to be a norm

Rant over.

Whilst it's a very good cause ( like most) I personally hate the way charities which collect in pubs and outside football grounds.

I usually give a day a month of my per diem to charities, prostate cancer being one of them, but I don't like the begging mentality of charities nowadays which seems to be a norm

Rant over.

Hi Swiss, I suppose the charity business is very competitive, some have budgets that enable them to advertise and market themselves to incredible lengths, other have to be more creative. Thing is, I'm just helping out for an hour or so, so not a lot to ask of me, and if it helps someone then I think it's a worthwhile thing to do....in short, and without any religious connotation;

"There but for the grace of god go I"

Hi Swiss, I suppose the charity business is very competitive, some have budgets that enable them to advertise and market themselves to incredible lengths, other have to be more creative. Thing is, I'm just helping out for an hour or so, so not a lot to ask of me, and if it helps someone then I think it's a worthwhile thing to do....in short, and without any religious connotation;

"There but for the grace of god go I"
Aye, fair enough. I just never have liked the way they've done it, that's all

Just want to say a huge thanks to all who donated tonight. Top people, each and everyone of you. Same for those shaking buckets.:)

Also have to mention itsinyerblood, who i sat through the match with. Really nice fella, was a pleasure to meet you mate.

I didn't have any change on me, but was it either of you two chaps asking for donations for "prostrate" cancer? :D

Just want to say a huge thanks to all who donated tonight. Top people, each and everyone of you. Same for those shaking buckets.:)

Also have to mention itsinyerblood, who i sat through the match with. Really nice fella, was a pleasure to meet you mate.

I looked out for you guys on my way to the ground, but didn't see anybody. I was late though, game had already kicked off by the time I got inside.

Linz, Kozzy, i was on the corner of Bramall Lane and John St for the duration. just opened a bottle of wine, so may be prostrate later. :D

Thanks knowsnowt, the pleasure was mutual fella. Plus a shout to S5Blade, nice to put a face to the username on here.

kozluk, we were collecting from about 6.20 until 7.40, so you'll have missed the collectors mate.

T'were a good night. Yes, it's difficult to get a response out of people where charity is concerned, times are hard and I think that people get that thing called charity fatigue. Got to say though, the folks of Sheffield, certainly the ones wearing red and white on their way to the match were brilliant. They dipped into their pockets and poured money into the collection bucket I was holding. So thank you to each and every one of you. I think a lot of the men I spoke to hadn't given this subject any thought before, so let's hope men in general will take a few moments on their computers to find out the facts about this, and what you can do to confront this most nasty of illnesses in it's early stages.

I didn't have any change on me, but was it either of you two chaps asking for donations for "prostrate" cancer? :D

Linz, my dulcet tones pronounced 'prostate' every time I did my best barrow boy sell, so I stand with head held high in the pronunciation stakes.

As I'll be at the 5-a-side footie on Sunday morning, I'm sure Martin will be able to confirm how beautifully I enunciate.

Linz, Kozzy, i was on the corner of Bramall Lane and John St for the duration. just opened a bottle of wine, so may be prostrate later. :D
I think me and my boy must have given our money to you then as that's where we saw our first bucket, happy with with badge too 'look daddy, a man made of men!'

Back
Top Bottom