Positives after 0-5 v Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What exactly did they think was going to happen?
Gaz Sinclair had spotted an elite Russian mafia crew enter John Street concourse, in an attempt to take over the highly profitable pie and beverage outlets.
The regular stewards blocked the exits while that 5ft , stocky lass neutralised them with a biro and a wooden spork. Made John Wick look like Alan Carr.
It was bloody and brutal, but dealt with quickly and efficiently, allowing us regular Joe's to enjoy the spectacle of football in peace.

Only positive I saw, wasn't much traffic on my way home👍

Wes/ Hamer/ Vini/ McAtee were all OK

Rest not Prem standard so always impossible with a man down.

Why o why would you make a tackle like that -there is absolute no rationale for it- just fucking mental.

Last edited:
I liked Osborn's angled pass forward to McAtee - hopeful, but well executed.
Brewster didn't look like 'not' a footballer in his cameo - there may be a player in there :)

Souza ! Did he touch the ball today ?,did a lot of pointing though.
I saw him do a few good bits. He put himself about and tried to stay composed on the ball and find a man when he could. but he was also at blame for the goal were wes palmed it out and their unmarked player smashed it in from 5 yards.

I would give him a 6 and mcatee a 7/7.5.

My youngest wanted to watch the game on the telly, he fell asleep when it was 2-0 early in the 2nd half.
Lucky him.
I saw him do a few good bits. He put himself about and tried to stay composed on the ball and find a man when he could. but he was also at blame for the goal were wes palmed it out and their unmarked player smashed it in from 5 yards.

I would give him a 6 and mcatee a 7/7.5.
He was also doubling up with both wing backs at one point in the second half. I was quite pleased with the effort from the midfield given we were playing one of the best passing teams with a man disadvantage. The problem is that neither full back can stop their man.

I found a fiver in a coat I hadn't worn in a while.

Whereas I had left my coat (with my season ticket in it) at work, so instead of walking to the pub, had to drive to work and back, getting stuck in traffic and then only making it back near home in time to go straight to the Lane.

Was well worth the effort 🤣

I got to go home very early whilst the weather was nice to spend time with the child.

Bus was almost on time as well with little waiting.

That's the only positive, even you mean footy wise, there was zero, zilch nada.

We will be lucky to not plummet down the next league like this.

Only real disappointment was no Mr Meadows to South Stand reception.
Back in the day, I'm sure there was a tannoy call for Dr White as code for the stewards/police....or did I dream that up?

Probably a stretch but for me this game should open the eyes of some of the Wes haters, again he’s completely exposed and keeping some out but it’s like a relentless barrage where he’s certain to concede. He isn’t and never has been the problem with shipping goals (and I’m not his biggest fan).

I’ve just spent £80+ on a ticket for me and dad to go to see the arsenal game, I know we’re going to lose but I try to get to as many as I can and this will be my last this season due to cost (Ive managed 4 with Arsenal included as opposed to ten plus).

So a big positive for me is being able to go to more next season and at least seeing us be competitive (I’ve seen 1 point in person this season).

Paying £80+ on numerous occasions to see us completely outmatched and the players losing all fight after ten minutes isn’t an acceptable return.

Lose 0-5, fine, but show some fucking pride and effort.

Another positive is Holgate can fuck off for three games, hopefully we terminate his loan as he’s no better than what we currently have and we may as well work with what will be here next season.

We’ve had plenty of practice this season but Christ the clappers amongst us will need a stretch and a warm up before trying to find any comfort from today.

I’ve got:

Wes and Anels performance back in the realms of acceptability
Happy enough with Souza and Hamer today.

And I’m out
Anel? He was captain as well as being in a back 3/5 which shipped 5 goals again. I wouldn’t play him again if we had a choice

Anel? He was captain as well as being in a back 3/5 which shipped 5 goals again. I wouldn’t play him again if we had a choice
The Captain of the Titanic had a better CV than Anel.

At least he got the band to play to entertain the crowd!

Of all our home thrashings this season, thought that was our best one considering we played virtually the whole game with 10 men.
Effort, attitude and shape maintained a bit more than previous foldings.

Here are mine:

- I wasn't there to witness this utter cluster fuck of a team receive yet another pasting on home soil.

- I stopped listening at 0-2 and went for a hugely satisfying dump.

Beyond the above, I am struggling.

Arblaster on the bench
Still joint bottom (Staggering Burnley have been as bad as us)
No Holgate for 3 games

Genuine hope for the rest of the season is to actually have a chance of not finishing bottom and maybe see one or two youngsters blooded (Arblaster, Curtis, Boyes?)

Back
Top Bottom