Players excused from criticism. Yesterday, recently, all season.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think part of it is just grading on a scale. There's no need to expend energy being upset about Jack Robinson's mistakes when he's still turning in more competent displays than near everybody else, for example.

Brereton Diaz was very poor yesterday though. Missed a good chance at one end and got thoroughly Van Aken'd for there second at the other.

I don’t get the point you’re making
All season I think we have ONE consistently good/decent player.
And he's a player that we deemed not good enough for the Championship. We've spent big (admittedly lost big) brought in new faces and used a lot of loans.
And the only player I can think of that can hold his head high, is the man we reluctantly extended the contract of.

I think part of it is just grading on a scale. There's no need to expend energy being upset about Jack Robinson's mistakes when he's still turning in more competent displays than near everybody else, for example.

Brereton Diaz was very poor yesterday though. Missed a good chance at one end and got thoroughly Van Aken'd for there second at the other.
Nothing came off for BBD yesterday, its wasn't through lack of effort, but it would have been easy to have a little moan about him.
But recently he's been very good.

All season I think we have ONE consistently good/decent player.
And he's a player that we deemed not good enough for the Championship. We've spent big (admittedly lost big) brought in new faces and used a lot of loans.
And the only player I can think of that can hold his head high, is the man we reluctantly extended the contract of.
Ok that’s the opposite of what I thought the post was meant to be. Thought you meant that certain players escape criticism because of who they are

Robinson has been excellent for a number of seasons since his awful display away to West Brom a couple of seasons back he’s been on an upward trend. It’s no surprise at all.

Grbic after yesterday has taken the full weight of criticism, deservedly so he's utterly shit, but just as bad was Trusty, he's a traffic cone, after a wingers takes 2 paces he's one behind every time dreadful player.

BBD was fine yesterday - it was defence and goalie and Vini that were simply not up to it. For large parts we were every bit as good as Burnley at 2-1 that game could have flipped our way - shit defending and we are 4-1 down game gone- it's heartbreaking.

Bogle has escaped criticism the entire team he’s been at the club. Consistently out of position and gives the ball away for fun.

He can’t cross, he gets beaten far too easily and never looks as though he’s in control of the ball.

He is nowhere near a Premier League player but then again, which of this lot is.

Apart from 1 tackle, Souza was wank, he must be so deluded to think he could ever be a Brazilian international, terrible player.

Trusty was shit all game, and has been all season.

Osborn is like a cat chasing a laser, here there and everywhere, but he never catches it.

Mcatee has totally gone off the boil, and I still stand by the fact he and Hamer can't play together in the same team, as they seem to be the same player?

Anel doesn't look like he gives a shit.

Think Mcburnies interest is slowly leaving the building.

And as for that pile of fucking dog eggs in goal, we'll, there just aren't any words for it!

Wilder, take the blame, another shite team selection, your not putting the club first at all!
If you want to win games play your strongest side, Wes is 100% better than the dog egg, whether his contract is up or not, he should be playing!!!
Why doesn't Brooks get into the side??? He's been great this season and just seems to been pulled, atleast he has heart and plays for the shirt!
If your struggling to manage, try reading this forum and get some ideas, those 26000 folk sat round you see it, why can't you!?

Apart from 1 tackle, Souza was wank, he must be so deluded to think he could ever be a Brazilian international, terrible player.

Osborn is like a cat chasing a laser, here there and everywhere, but he never catches it.

Mcatee has totally gone off the boil, and I still stand by the fact he and Hamer can't play together in the same team, as they seem to be the same player?

And as for that pile of fucking dog eggs in goal, we'll, there just aren't any words for it!

Wilder, take the blame, another shite team selection, your not putting the club first at all!
If you want to win games play your strongest side, Wes is 100% better than the dog egg, whether his contract is up or not, he should be playing!!!
Why doesn't Brooks get into the side??? He's been great this season and just seems to been pulled, atleast he has heart and plays for the shirt!
If your struggling to manage, try reading this forum and get some ideas, those 26000 folk sat round you see it, why can't you!?
Oz is a hard one too, he's not good enough but tries hard.
It's tough to criticise him because the criticism should be aimed more at who signed him and plays him.

Slightly off topic but we go on about how professional he is though, the guy reportedly fell off his mates shoulders on a stag do and didn't play for us for months. He's no McBurnie or Moose but he's no Billy or Bash either.

Well if there any who like to pick spots off Robbo .. yesterday summed up perfectly what he brings to the party & what we were missing !
We paid £5M for Trusty .. dear god that was another pearler by the recruitment team ⚔️

I don't know about Robinson either. He's been the best of the bunch, but you can't really escape criticism if you play at the heart of the worst Premier League defence ever.

Bang on the money my friend 👏👏👏👏

Oz is a hard one too, he's not good enough but tries hard.
It's tough to criticise him because the criticism should be aimed more at who signed him and plays him.

Slightly off topic but we go on about how professional he is though, the guy reportedly fell off his mates shoulders on a stag do and didn't play for us for months. He's no McBurnie or Moose but he's no Billy or Bash either.
Don't get me wrong, I think Osborn is great to have around, he covers positions we need covering, but he just isn't a good footballer, he has energy, he tries, he runs, theres no question of his effort and heart, it's literally just his ability.
Hes going to be here next season, but I'm hoping as cover, he isnt a first team starter unfortunately, well, unless your team is as shit as our current one.

Bogle has escaped criticism the entire team he’s been at the club. Consistently out of position and gives the ball away for fun.

He can’t cross, he gets beaten far too easily and never looks as though he’s in control of the ball.

He is nowhere near a Premier League player but then again, which of this lot is.
That's absolute bullshit, just look in any pro-Baldock thread and it's nothing but people slagging off Bogle regardless of how well he plays. Plus, he was getting pelters from absolutely everyone a few weeks ago because he'd put in a string of absolutely atrocious performances. Apart from a few good games when Wilder first came back, he hasn't had more than one good game in a row all season, but he's mostly been mediocre with the odd costly mistake rather than awful with regular costly mistakes like Trusty.

If players aren't good enough, no criticism is warranted to them, but rather to the people who signed/recruited them.

I really don't think any of our players are good enough for PL level so I don't spend the energy being annoyed at them.

I think this season we have been very consistent in offering easy goals to the opposition,either by own goal,shot deflected own goal,goalkeeper error.

Don't get me wrong, I think Osborn is great to have around, he covers positions we need covering, but he just isn't a good footballer, he has energy, he tries, he runs, theres no question of his effort and heart, it's literally just his ability.
Hes going to be here next season, but I'm hoping as cover, he isnt a first team starter unfortunately, well, unless your team is as shit as our current one.
He’s the only wing back we have that has a half decent cross in him. Which is a sad indictment of the rest of them.

As you say at least the lad grafts for the team not too many others can claim that.

When teams know they really only need to have an attempt on target to probably score a goal, it’s a problem. Wilder must know this (I could see the look on his face) but won’t want to admit to his £2 million mistake.

We don’t do the basics end of and if you don’t do the basics you dot win games in any division.

What alarms me is Wilders complete 360 in personality …. We’ve gone from “the players get no credit from me for running around and trying hard as that’s the minimum required” to whatever tripe he offers up now because he’s scared of rocking the boat…. If you’re going to lead then lead

When teams know they really only need to have an attempt on target to probably score a goal, it’s a problem. Wilder must know this (I could see the look on his face) but won’t want to admit to his £2 million mistake.
Be fair... the attempt doesn't necessarily have to be on target for use to concede.

I don't know about Robinson either. He's been the best of the bunch, but you can't really escape criticism if you play at the heart of the worst Premier League defence ever.
No that's fair.
Maybe we had low expectations of him. Add that to the mess we have at the back and he's probably just done better than we feared.
But in a season where players have lacked energy, fight and even enthusiasm at times, he's certainly exceeded there, as always.

Spot on, he gets caught out of position a lot, and only jogs back when he's been up the pitch. Don't rate him. Partly at blame for a couple yesterday

Nothing came off for BBD yesterday, its wasn't through lack of effort, but it would have been easy to have a little moan about him.
But recently he's been very good.
I got the impression the Burnley fans had got to him a little bit and he was trying too hard to get back at them

On BBD, I find it hard to get annoyed at loan players. To be honest at this point what is the point of playing them. We might as well give osula minutes because it's now all about building for next season.

Same with mcatee, he has been good for us over 2 seasons but unless we somehow buy him I very the summer I can't see what we get out of playing him.

Brooks showed in his cameo yesterday why he's not getting minutes, he was hopeless as he has been recently in the U21/23s.
Rest of the post I agree with

Brooks showed in his cameo yesterday why he's not getting minutes, he was hopeless as he has been recently in the U21/23s.
Rest of the post I agree with
More reason to play him, need to get him ready for next season, and, what have we got to lose??
Were down, and aslong as Grbic starts in goal, we might aswell play the u18 team.

Grbic after yesterday has taken the full weight of criticism, deservedly so he's utterly shit, but just as bad was Trusty, he's a traffic cone, after a wingers takes 2 paces he's one behind every time dreadful player.

BBD was fine yesterday - it was defence and goalie and Vini that were simply not up to it. For large parts we were every bit as good as Burnley at 2-1 that game could have flipped our way - shit defending and we are 4-1 down game gone- it's heartbreaking.
Couldn't agree more about the 3 players mentioned, they should never pull a united shirt on again.

Back
Top Bottom