Plan B

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
We don’t seem to have a plan B and that is more worrying than ever based on the fact we don’t look as solid at the back without JOC.

I think it’s really naive trying to just not concede and nick a goal with 20 mins to go. Arsenal weren’t great today but bang two good team goals and the game has changed. Premier league football is both fast and exhausting so we need to be able to control games and not just stay in them. Granted Arsenal are a much better side than us but I can’t help but feel a moment of magic from Didsy has papered over the cracks somewhat today.

If we can’t create overloads down either wing then we look clueless and all the players have been signed to suit this system. Fleck for Osborn for example doesn’t really change anything. What’s wrong with having an old fashioned winger and a big man on the bench to change things if needs be. As much of a club hero Sharp is you don’t look at him coming on at 70 mins as game changing.

I really hope Brewster and “another” are going to come in and give us some flexibility in terms of system because if we don’t take the lead in games I can’t see us getting too many points from losing positions. That said we aren’t way off like I feel Fulham and West Brom are I just hope it isn’t too long before something clicks.

Not even got a working Plan A at the moment. Lets sort that before we think of a Plan B.

OP that’s a great point, if we don’t score first and are able to dig in we look clueless.

goal or not Didzy looked so poor today.

Not even got a working Plan A at the moment. Lets sort that before we think of a Plan B.
I think when we do have other options teams will be more weary and as such we can play our own way. But at the minute stop the overload and you stop us playing. The threat of a run in behind or a driving run from midfield keeps teams guessing and may open up space outside for us to play how we want. Or at least I hope it will

At least we have a Plan B now.

Unfortunately it involves being behind in a game then with ten mins to go you take off a defender (usually Basham) and bring on a striker. This doesn’t improve our chances of scoring but does make us look more vulnerable at the back.

Back
Top Bottom