Pissed off by a loanee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Could Norwood be getting a little bit peeved at losing his place to a loanee? The reason i asked is because i worked as a temp in the steelworks many years ago and i was given overtime instead of a permanent employee who kicked off good style. The gaffer said to him,"I gave him the overtime because he's better than you" which really pissed him off.
How's Ollie feeling?

Don't really care tbh. Hes been fine a lot of the season but his form has dropped off. If he's the professional that I think he is, he will know why he's been dropped and think more about the long term benefit of the team and club. I wouldn't have thought that he will be too bothered as along as United win their games though I'm sure he would prefer to play.

A bit like saying will Billy spit the dummy out if Jebbo gets picked before him. No he won't, and neither will Norwood have a melt down. They are reliable professionals and both care about the club. Norwood will be at the Lane either way next season as he is a valuable member of the squad.

His form had dropped off massively over the pass month. He needed taking out of the team plus I think it was getting to a point he needed a break regardless of his form.

He will comeback stronger for the break.

Norwood was firing on all cylinders until the World Cup break. His, and the teams performance levels dropped markedly. Hope he is peed off he's lost his place and pulls his finger out and ups his game again. No room for sentiment which brings me to Fleck.......

Good comparison. Almost identical to the situation we are speculating on.

I'm sure if not playing gets Norwood a promotion bonus he will not be concerned

Its been said before , norwood ,sharp, fleck, basham and stevens are not what they were , sadly . Can our manager make the right difficult desicions …
He has

The annoyance is it’s took him about a dozen games to act on what we could see

What we have done is let half a team, Stevens, Bash, Fleck, Billy, poss Norwood all get ‘past it’ …. I say poss Ollie? as the one who was pulling the strings in Aug-Nov he’s good, if it’s the slower more predictable Jan-Mar maybe not

Big summer coming up, irrespective of what division were in

He probably will be peeved, and to me he looks pissed off. And there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s a genuine professional. When he came on against Sunderland, he was fired up, and did the defensive job asked of him. He came on in the 79th minute, and made the most tackles of anyone who played in the game.

He, along with many others in the team, had a bad few weeks, and Doyle is rightly getting a shot. And Doyle’s attributes allow us to play in slightly different ways. But over the season, I’d say Norwood is easily in the top three or four performers. He’s still going to be involved.

If he feels peeved , then good. If being peeved prompts him to up his game better still.

We've pretty much flogged Norwood to death this season.

So the fact that Doyle has emerged to let him actually rest up is probably a blessing.

We have 10 confirmed fixtures remaining. Having an option to keep all the midfield fresh by having 5 or 6 options in there can only be a good thing. Plus, given Doyle and McAtee will miss out on a big occasion, promotion then becomes their cup final to cap off a good season before they return to City.

Could Norwood be getting a little bit peeved at losing his place to a loanee? The reason i asked is because i worked as a temp in the steelworks many years ago and i was given overtime instead of a permanent employee who kicked off good style. The gaffer said to him,"I gave him the overtime because he's better than you" which really pissed him off.
How's Ollie feeling?

Totally different scenario.

Olli knows that in his chosen career its dog eat dog, players always come into form and go out of form.
It's normal to have spells in the team and also out of the team.

Also when players are ever interviewed they always comment about how it's good to have high quality back up players who compete for their position.
So it Olli is pissed off....then it's his job to win his place back.

To be fair to Norwood he's been our best midfielder by some distance over the course of the season, but he'll know that he dropped off those last few games (partly down to Fleck inexplicably being thrown back in) and he'll accept that Doyle keeps his place on form.

He's always struck me as a model professional so I don't think he'll have any problem at all. The other midfielders have all been wildly inconsistent and injury prone, so he'll probably get his chance at some point anyway.

I misread the title as ‘on’ rather than ‘off’, and was all set to regale you with a story about Goran Slavkovski and golden showers, but it’ll save for another day. 🤷‍♂️

To be fair to Norwood he's been our best midfielder by some distance over the course of the season, but he'll know that he dropped off those last few games (partly down to Fleck inexplicably being thrown back in) and he'll accept that Doyle keeps his place on form.

He's always struck me as a model professional so I don't think he'll have any problem at all. The other midfielders have all been wildly inconsistent and injury prone, so he'll probably get his chance at some point anyway.

Fleck being thrown in is more down to Ozzy being injured.

Its been said before , norwood ,sharp, fleck, basham and stevens are not what they were , sadly . Can our manager make the right difficult desicions …
All those players have given great pleasure to the fans over time. Most of them will need to pull on a blades shirt again before this season is over.
In the end, the club owner will decide if they play for the blades next season, not the manager. In most cases, that’s sad, but inevitable. Promoted or not, their individual futures probably lie elsewhere.

Is he pissed off with Hecky about being dropped and it feeling unjustified or pissed off with himself that he can't meet the standards that he sets for himself anymore? I'd say the latter. The time has to come when you approach your mid 30's where unless you're bloody Iniesta or Zidane that you eventually start falling to the back of the queue as younger, better and fitter players start to take your place.

We've had a much needed (if not slightly too late) changing of the guard and Norwood is one of many who needs to fall down the pecking order if the squad is ever going to improve.

Of the squad who took us up, the only ones to still be starting regularly are Egan, Baldock and Norwood. The rest are on the fringes and rightly so.

Some could and maybe should have been culled sooner but we either didn't sign anyone better or simply didn't sign anyone at all which is the combined responsibility of various departments at the club when players like Fleck, Stevens, Sharp and Basham, great servants as they've been, didn't have anyone ready to take their places until pretty much the start of this season.

Back
Top Bottom