Pint of Jelen Pivo please?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CPB

Reaction score
Sound like Slav is the man and given this is our first manager from overseas I've quickly looked into what beers Serbia produces.
I'm sure like many countries there are lots of big and small breweries but the Apatin Brewery in Serbia is the biggest and one of the main beers is Jelen Pivo.
So I'm hoping once announced that come August Jelen Pivo will be on around the ground and in the terraces and ready for end of season celebrations ;)

Onto more serious note, out of the realistic touted options this is the best one on paper. He's took two teams up from the Champ. Likes to play attacking brand of football and will give the place a bit of a shake and freshen up which is deffo what it needs right now.
What is or will be interesting will be if he proceeds to play predominantly with a 3-5-2 formation given the board were keen for a new manager to retain this at least initially so the squad turnover is kept as low as possible.
I have concerns over his longevity but his dismissal at Fulham came after the team was 3 points from safety after 12 matches, which does seem perhaps knee jerk? Issue was they were conceding loads and not picking up points and Ranieri didn't save them either so the change didn't work.
But essentially his first task is to get us back up as soon as poss ideally first time of trying and as said on paper this is a sound appointment.

Prince has a big summer ahead, managerial appointment, making sure the squad is shaping up well with no firesale of better players and new recruits and making the improvements to infrastructure he has promised before and post Wilder leaving. (Training ground improvements, ground improvements, new transfer structure apparently etc. and building a good relationship with the fans)

The Top Rated Brewery in Serbia is 3bir brewing in Novi Sad. Three 3bir beers are available in cans from Craft & Berry on Ecclesall Road.

Memento Mori, a 7% Imperial Coffee Stout
Alpha Dog, a 9.6% Triple IPA
Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...

The Top Rated Brewery in Serbia is 3bir brewing in Novi Sad. Three 3bir beers are available in cans from Craft & Berry on Ecclesall Road.

Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...
That is not only interesting. It's damn right useful info. Like the sound of all 3 of those

Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...
SJ was born in Novi Sad

Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...
Sure I've had that Alpha Dog in Blackpool.. were a bit of a blur that weekend though

When i think of Serbia i get a mental image of parkhill flats half bombed out, blokes chewing liquorice while they ride their dog to work at the asbestos factory, the only alcohol i could imagine they have would be like some kind of fermented yak piss.

Just seen some pictures of Serbia, im a bit off the mark, theyve got buses an everything!

That is not only interesting. It's damn right useful info. Like the sound of all 3 of those
Alpha dog, how much alcohol content???
Christ, two slugs of that and I’ll be thinking that
Lundstram is a true Blade and BoJo’s haircut is quite sexy......

Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...
Sh, momento mori ........

Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...

I've all but quit the beer in recent tears, but fucking hell those would have knocked me on my arse even when I was a (relatively) hardened drinker.

They do sound nice though, Akira especially.

TETSUO!!!!
KANADA!!!
TETSUO!!!
...KANADA!!!

One for the anime fans there, of which I'm sure we have plenty...

When i think of Serbia i get a mental image of parkhill flats half bombed out, blokes chewing liquorice while they ride their dog to work at the asbestos factory, the only alcohol i could imagine they have would be like some kind of fermented yak piss.

Just seen some pictures of Serbia, im a bit off the mark, theyve got buses an everything!
Serbia used to be in a bad way (even before we gloriously bombed the place), they even imported some second hand Leyland buses for Belgrade.

It is much better now and fairly typically eastern European, with excellent foods and beers and, above all, ladies.

In many ways it is very similar to here in that both countries are run by know-nowt narcissists.

I bet Slaviša will feel reight at home.

Nowt wrong with Yaks piss....
It's just catching the barstewards that's the problem..

Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...

On it!!

Alpha dog, how much alcohol content???
Christ, two slugs of that and I’ll be thinking that
Lundstram is a true Blade and BoJo’s haircut is quite sexy......

It's due to it being a TIPA, thems be like rocket fuel. Got a couple in the fridge ATM, and some 10%+ porters 🤤

SJ was born in Novi Sad
I went to Novi Sad about ten years ago. Quite nice. Cheap as fuck. Artificial beach by the Danube. As mentioned, there were quite a few Eastern European type tower blocks, we stayed in one. Looked a bit rough from the outside but fine inside. It’s also true that the women there are stunning. Almost all of them.

Like the sound of all 3 of those
Memento mori is Latin and it says we must all die. And with it being the alcohol content it is, too much of that in a short stint might just see you off 😳

I went to Novi Sad about ten years ago. Quite nice. Cheap as fuck. Artificial beach by the Danube. As mentioned, there were quite a few Eastern European type tower blocks, we stayed in one. Looked a bit rough from the outside but fine inside. It’s also true that the women there are stunning. Almost all of them.
That artificial beach looked great when I was there,it was 40 degrees that day and it was packed,unfortunately for me I had thick denim jeans on and no swimming gear handy,so I was sweating cobs while watching everybody on the beach.

That artificial beach looked great when I was there,it was 40 degrees that day and it was packed,unfortunately for me I had thick denim jeans on and no swimming gear handy,so I was sweating cobs while watching everybody on the beach.
Yeah it gets hot there. We hadn’t brought swimming gear either, as we didn’t know about it until we got there.
I also should mention the food. We found pubs that did mixed grills. Giant plates containing every kind of meat you can imagine, all good quality and cooked to perfection. For about £5.

Jelen is a great beer,also Lav(lion) is also very good,I will also recommend Zajecarsko,smooth as silk and very tasty if you can get your hands on a bottle.

Yeah it gets hot there. We hadn’t brought swimming gear either, as we didn’t know about it until we got there.
I also should mention the food. We found pubs that did mixed grills. Giant plates containing every kind of meat you can imagine, all good quality and cooked to perfection. For about £5.
Meat is king there,definitely,they love the good life,football, beer,meat,and women,in whichever order they prefer.

Meat is king there,definitely,they love the good life,football, beer,meat,and women,in whichever order they prefer.
And corn on the cob. Drove down from Budapest and almost all of the journey was past fields of corn, like Land of the Green Giants.

Akira, a 6.3% Red IPA

So. Now you know...
Off work tomorrow. Going to pop in to see if they’ve got some of these!

Back
Top Bottom