Match Thread Peterborough United v. Sheffield United - 29th January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PETE
PETE
PETE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1643462139599.png V. 1643462144734.png
Championship Week 26 - Saturday 29th January 2022 - 17:30 - London Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/peterborough-united-vs-sheffield-united.580/

Officials:

Referee: Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Bhupinder Gill
Assistant Referee: Mark Pottage
Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1643462406460.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2022-01-29 at 13.17.15.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

VIEW from P del C.
Different match day experience today. Up at 6am, beer sweats and a very warm night. Coffee on the balcony over looking roof top jacuzzi and sundeck. Nothing much to report at that time just waiting for the Sunbed Charge, all week we’ve had a favourite dressed in his England kit he’s never failed to gain pole position so he’s got to be odds on favourite yet again.
8.30 they’re here , all the runners and riders parading round the pool waiting for the starting chain to be removed, Juan obliges, they’re off, true to form England kit gets a flier, but wait , a new couple are showing , all week Hilda and Alf have been hobbling around with their canes but it looks like they’ve been on the physio table through the night and are showing Kit man a clean pair of crutches and take the first flight of stairs like Arkle in his heyday, behind them by some distance are the other dozen or so runners and towel raiders , but hold on Juan calls false start , Alf and Hilda pull up but kit man sees his chance and takes them on the inside and proceeds to clear the second flight of steps taking 3 at a time, Kit man again retains his title leaving Alf and Hilda dispondent halfway up the stairs and calling down to Juan that it’s not” a fair race “.
That was today’s early sport, hope the Blades players show as much effort as Kit man , Alf and Hilda . A nice 20 degree here and a 5.30 kick off gives me chance to have a few beers and looking forward to a Blades comfy win.
Clean sheet and 2 Blades goals.
Wish you where here😂😂😂

VIEW from P del C.
Different match day experience today. Up at 6am, beer sweats and a very warm night. Coffee on the balcony over looking roof top jacuzzi and sundeck. Nothing much to report at that time just waiting for the Sunbed Charge, all week we’ve had a favourite dressed in his England kit he’s never failed to gain pole position so he’s got to be odds on favourite yet again.
8.30 they’re here , all the runners and riders parading round the pool waiting for the starting chain to be removed, Juan obliges, they’re off, true to form England kit gets a flier, but wait , a new couple are showing , all week Hilda and Alf have been hobbling around with their canes but it looks like they’ve been on the physio table through the night and are showing Kit man a clean pair of crutches and take the first flight of stairs like Arkle in his heyday, behind them by some distance are the other dozen or so runners and towel raiders , but hold on Juan calls false start , Alf and Hilda pull up but kit man sees his chance and takes them on the inside and proceeds to clear the second flight of steps taking 3 at a time, Kit man again retains his title leaving Alf and Hilda dispondent halfway up the stairs and calling down to Juan that it’s not” a fair race “.
That was today’s early sport, hope the Blades players show as much effort as Kit man , Alf and Hilda . A nice 20 degree here and a 5.30 kick off gives me chance to have a few beers and looking forward to a Blades comfy win.
Clean sheet and 2 Blades goals.
Wish you where here😂😂😂
Update on this mornings early race.
Juan as just removed Kitmans towels after Alf and Hilda complained that since placing his towels in the winning enclosures sun beds he as not been seen for 4 hours. Brits abroad, nowt changes.

Not a lot of people know that 60 years ago, on the last Saturday in January 1962, we played Peterborough for the first time ever. A bit of a coincidence? It was away, 4th round of the Cup, and we won 3-1. If you believe in good omens, have a look at recent posts in the 60 Years Ago thread. Apologies for the shameless advertising!

Wind whistling through the away end. Let's hope the home defence is draughty.
3-1 blades.

Sneaking in parts of the game on line while at Disney World. Hope the wife doesn't catch me or she may confiscate my phone. It's cold. Not Flirida weather at all.

Sneaking in parts of the game on line while at Disney World. Hope the wife doesn't catch me or she may confiscate my phone. It's cold. Not Flirida weather at all.
My relatives in Batimore are up to their knees in the white stuff. With another blast due shortly.
And here ends the weather report

Posh seem to have been slowly improving. We should have too much for them but they're dangerous going forward.

Houirihane over Berge

Slavesque from Heckingbottom

Got to win this if we have any playoff aspirations

Got to win this if we have any playoff aspirations
Yup

No room for error

to be fair if we arent beating the likes of PBoro who are 2nd bottom then we dont deserve to get to playoffs

Strongest bench we've put out in a while
Real lack of pace through the squad though

The ref is Dean Whitestone.

I thought it was Dane Whitehouse for a second!

memries

Back
Top Bottom