Perspective

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CPB

Reaction score
We lost, it wasn't unjust overall and we need to improve.

We were awful. No. Did we perform well no.

Did we see the start of a new management yes. We were encouraged to play out from the back, we were encouraged to keep the ball and wait for the opportune moments to press forward for the most part. Didn't quite work, I felt we looked very narrow which meant the full backs got little joy.

We can analyse it all we want but we all know including SJ that it needs improving on to get results.

But it's one match, we didn't look totally woeful just not clear on how to attack. We should see some new signings come in soon and the more matches and time management get we should see improvements come hopefully.

It's where you are end of may not August 8th.

I don’t think anyone is writing the season off or advocating throwing the baby out with the bath water. But it was a shit performance and needs rectifying either with bodies in, massive kicks up the arse or a better way of playing possession football.

I had a half prediction, the first game would be the worst we could be. My one concern really, is that our general security is that our defence would ensure we are competing for Top 6, while Slav is taking his time working the rest of it out. But, looking at the starting line ups, yesterday, as a unit, you would take the back line Brum had.

I think that as pedestrian as it looked, we very quickly turned possession at the back into really good attacking positions at times in the first half. That may be a sign of things to come with Slav. The only thing is I’m not sure how well it’ll go down and I don’t think it’ll help the atmosphere as Bramall Lane only rocks when the tempo is high.

Glad to see I'm not the only one to go hunting razors after just one game. We weren't nearly as bad as what folk on here have knee-jerked us as being. Granted, I didn't fork out 30 odd quid for the experience, plus travel time and costs, plus pre-match and drowning sorrows beer money; And I did watch most of the second half eating a delicious chinese takeaway and quaffing a couple of beers but, hey, I'm not going to throw Slav under the bus after just one game. But I'll tell you this - if he loses one more game between now and christmas, it'll be shoes off! Actually, it's always shoes off in our lounge or Mrs Bon II would kill me, so it's SOCKS OFF! You have been warned Slav.

Back
Top Bottom