Perspective needed...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
...one of the key players, a popular member of the dressing room and your talisman gets sent down unexpectedly for 5 years the day before the game - it's bound to have an effect on the team spirit in any walk of life. Notwithstanding that, I think we were playing away against the 4th best side in the league which would never be easy at the best of times.

We were poor in the first half, but sometimes the fan's fatalistic attitude when it comes to a big game never fails to surprise me. About 5 minutes after the first goal we were getting shouts of "fuck off quinn you useless c**t", "fuck off Wilson you piggy twat" around us. I can't help but thinking if this would have been a lower profile game with less expectant support - Exeter away for example, we would have been a bit more forgiving given the circumstances.

Still in the box seat, still plenty of chances to limp over the finish line, it doesn't matter how we do it. We just have to try and be patient, try and get behind them and then its in our hands.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE WIZAAAAAARDS

...one of the key players, a popular member of the dressing room and your talisman gets sent down unexpectedly for 5 years the day before the game - it's bound to have an effect on the team spirit in any walk of life. Notwithstanding that, I think we were playing away against the 4th best side in the league which would never be easy at the best of times.

We were poor in the first half, but sometimes the fan's fatalistic attitude when it comes to a big game never fails to surprise me. About 5 minutes after the first goal we were getting shouts of "fuck off quinn you useless c**t", "fuck off Wilson you piggy twat" around us. I can't help but thinking if this would have been a lower profile game with less expectant support - Exeter away for example, we would have been a bit more forgiving given the circumstances.

Still in the box seat, still plenty of chances to limp over the finish line, it doesn't matter how we do it. We just have to try and be patient, try and get behind them and then its in our hands.

Ditto that!!
COYRWW

Shouting at Wilson is ridiculous considering how well he has got us playing and where we were at the end of last season but Quinn was absolutely dire yesterday and has been for the last few weeks.

First defeat in ten games and suddenly the whole season's collapsed!!
It's going to be tough but we have to stay positive.
UTB

Good post, Rodley

Look, pigs draw against Brentford and we beat Stevenage.

We're up unless Pigs win last day of season and Exeter tonk us about 12-0

UTB and COYRAWW indeed!!!

Quinn has been awful for whatever reason. It doesnt look like a form issue, his head doesn't look in it

Williamson and McDonald were shocking yesterday as well.

We missed Cresswell yesterday as he has a better all round game than BT and Porter

One defeat in 10,two one nil wins will guaratee promotion.

The Pigs are celebrating already

great post rodders.. i was just about to post the same thing. on a shit day we did well to protect our vital goal difference. it was always going to be a difficult game even with ched or lionel messi so not entirely unexpected. that is why we needed the points cushion before the game. that is what is was there for.
i don't understand the attitude of some of our fans at times .. the difference between the pigs and us is that they expect to win and we expect to lose.. i'm formulating an epic post on the subject

Great post. As you say this game wasn't going to be easy whatever the circumstances.

Wilson now has a full week to get things right and focused for the Stevenage game. The fans need to get behind the team even when things might not be going well on it. (Having said that I'm taking my Mum and she's the most nervous supporter there is, we could be 4-0 up, we let a goal in and that's it we're going to lose! - but I'll do my best to try and keep her positive.)

UTB

totally agree with you matey,i get sick and tired of listening to all the negativity amongst some supporters,we dont have any devine right to be top of the league and winning every game some, comments are so arrogant they sound like the MASSIVE. and to blame wilson for everything when it goes wrong is pathetic,some managers are very good tactically and do there homework on opposing teams,maybe MK did this and they benefitted from it. who would have thought wigan would have turned over man utd,arsenal and liverpool it was,nt just luck,i would like to bet fergie ,wenger and dalglish got the fuck off treatment

My perspective:

We're fucked.

Aren't you just the cheery ray of sunshine we needed??

:)

In my opinion - the MK game was always going to be difficult. It's still in our hands, we're above the Pigs and they don't have it easy with their games either. I believe we will see it out - ofc being the Blades it'll be right at the death, but hey... you want easy? Manc Land is that way...

My perspective is based on the fact that that not only have we just lost our top scorer, we've also lot one of our chief creative players as well. Evans just didn't score goals, he created plenty of them as well for other players.

Some of our fans were terrible yesterday. My daughter got abuse for clapping the players off ffs. I think you could visibly see that most of our players were not at the races for the first 70 mins and I put some of that down to Cheds guilty verdict, the midfield was awful, the strikers ineffective Hoskins has not had any game time recently and it showed although the service was non existant and the defence allowed too many free headers from corners and crosses. There was no tempo to our game All in all a bad day at the office.
Wilson now has a week to work with players and get their heads right for the Stevenage game UTB

Williamson and McDonald were shocking yesterday as well.

We missed Cresswell yesterday as he has a better all round game than BT and Porter

One defeat in 10,two one nil wins will guaratee promotion.

The Pigs are celebrating already

Agreed, I'll be glad when he's back next week. Doesn't matter that Williamson and Mc Donald were shocking, it will be Quinns fault. Always is in some fans eyes. He can play a blinder and still get slagged by a certain section of "fans". And as for saying hes been shocking for weeks as some "fan" has posted, all I can say is that they must be watching different games to me. That or get to specsavers!!!!

Some of our fans were terrible yesterday. My daughter got abuse for clapping the players off ffs. I think you could visibly see that most of our players were not at the races for the first 70 mins and I put some of that down to Cheds guilty verdict, the midfield was awful, the strikers ineffective Hoskins has not had any game time recently and it showed although the service was non existant and the defence allowed too many free headers from corners and crosses. There was no tempo to our game All in all a bad day at the office.
Wilson now has a week to work with players and get their heads right for the Stevenage game UTB
Indeed, the verdict on Ched (whom I do not support BTW) came at an awful time for the team - 3.30pm(ish) on Friday afternoon. It's bound to have had a psychological effect on them, and MK used it for all their worth.

But as you say Pedro, we now have a week to knuckle down and have good ol' Danny get them in the right frame of mind and up to speed to well and truly batter Stevenage - if we don't, I'd hazard a guess it's may well be the proverbial 'bubble burst'.

"Danny Wilson's Red & White Army!!!!" UTB!

I sometimes wonder why people go to games.

Nothing that a prefrontal lobotomy wouldn't cure...

Nothing that a prefrontal lobotomy wouldn't cure...

You might apply that to just following the Blades, after 54 years I feel it might be helpful to me. Of course I can get references from forum members who would believe I have already had one!!

Same around us. Some of the comments directed at Quinn and others were dreadful.

I too wonder why some people pay good money to watch the Blades. We could have Pep Guardiola managing, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas et al on the pitch and you'd still get comments like "rubbish United, what a load of bloody rubbish" and then turning to their mate "never mind see you next match for the same." I'm sure some people turn up just to have a moan.

I'm not saying watching the Blades is always a bed of roses and yes, criticise if they deserve it but support from some people (a small minority) at some time wouldn't go amiss.

I'll go and get my tambourine.

UTB

i get really pissed off at the home games when people are going to their seats at 3.10ish then they come back down 10 minutes before half time and what really makes my blood boil, are the inconsiderate twats that leave 5 minutes before full then added time and then decide to stand in front of me so i cant see the game,and its the same people every game ! why ? wankers :mad:

Back
Top Bottom