Personally, I thought we were brilliant

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The difference with Arblaster is he's progressive. Gets the ball on the half turn and looks to go forward, looks to make yards up the pitch and tries to find a positive pass. Most of our players this season have looked scared to death in possession and instead of looking forward their first instinct has been to turn back, not make a mistake. But that gets us nowhere.

Notable shout to McBurnie too. He's very effective at what he does, has had far too many detractors this season. Fitness has been an issue but when he plays he makes a difference, at both ends.

The thought of Blaster playing in the same team as Ndiaye with another couple of our academy starlets…….John Harris would definitely approve.

Listened to the commentary and sounded like a blades performance to be proud of. That is all we ask. We knew this season was going to be difficult but give us performances to be proud of and we will back any team we put out and all our players. Let's keep building ready to take the championship by storm next year. UTB

Call me dumb if you like but with games coming up V Burnley, Brentford, Forest and Everton it could get very interesting
That's the problem though, we've given Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd a game but are no match for the average in this division.

As long as things continue to improve and we can see some style of play emerging that at least gives some optimism for next year.

I really hope Blaster remembers his roots, true blade! We can build a future round him. The next TC imo. Not a bad accolade to live up to. Onwards, upwards, we at least have something decent to watch and build some momentum for next season, wherever we finish.
Wow, nothing like putting pressure like that on him!

I like Blaster, he looks to have an exciting future, hopefully with us, but the next TC? I doubt we will ever see his like again. Much better for him to be the next Oliver Arblaster.

More organised.
More as a unit.
More passion.
More belief.
Awful defending from the corner, but much stronger at the back in general.
Faster play.
Sharper passing.
More aggressive.
Honestly, that was like the old united. Even Anel rolled back the clock. And if you don't feel the same way as me (you miseries) what about that lad Blaster!? Nobody can deny that he has the world at his feet, he can be good as he wants to be.
Immense talent.
Agreed.
But, Grbic is absolutely dog shit, and id rather see Davis in goal!

Missed opportunity again for me.

We started sitting deeper before they scored their second and it was a matter of time. We needed to make those positive substitutions earlier, turn the screw a bit more as McBurnie had them dominated in the air

Good finish to the game but I think we could’ve had more out of it
This is exactly what Jags said on 5Live co comms.

Chelsea's squad cost £978million and you would never have guessed it watching them today.

We had more shots, more shots on target, more tackles and more corners.
Trig Jnr (TY) rounded it up to a billion and gave me a running commentary on who cost what, one I recall was “Mudryk, that’s another £60 million” :) 🙂

Very enjoyable performance, proper team spirit, plenty of effort and decent football going forward. Maybe relegation to L1 isn’t nailed on.

Trig Jnr (TY) rounded it up to a billion and gave me a running commentary on who cost what, one I recall was “Mudryk, that’s another £60 million” :) 🙂

Very enjoyable performance, proper team spirit, plenty of effort and decent football going forward. Maybe relegation to L1 isn’t nailed on.
Thought he was 80 wasn’t he? Wasn’t he the one that was signed to a hundred year contract to cheat FFP?

It’s more it gives me hope for next season.

I was becoming disillusioned. I was watching championship football thinking I don’t think we have a chance. Now I’m thinking 4/5 good signings we have a chance.

We look more like a Sheffield United side now.

Call my cynical but I would imagine wilder has told them, (with a few exceptions) to go out and put themselves in the shop window. With loans coming to an end, contracts coming to an end and big time charlies wanting better than SUFC some will be realising if they want to stay at the top they have got to start playing like they want to be there!

Call my cynical but I would imagine wilder has told them, (with a few exceptions) to go out and put themselves in the shop window. With loans coming to an end, contracts coming to an end and big time charlies wanting better than SUFC some will be realising if they want to stay at the top they have got to start playing like they want to be there!
It’s not worked with Macca.

I think his performances have dropped so badly. From being our best player to a bench player these days. We look so much better without him. Even though he is a good footballer he’s a luxury player.

I think his performances have dropped so badly. From being our best player to a bench player these days. We look so much better without him. Even though he is a good footballer he’s a luxury player.

Yes and no but it was a great cross into the box for our goal at Liverpool.

That said second half yesterday he had a great chance to have a shot at the edge of the box but he lays it off to Ozzy to whack over the bar. I think Macca is feeling the pace of the season as he looked gassed at Liverpool.

Yeah but he knows he will be fine going back to the wonderful warm bosom of Pep at City....he doesn't really have to prove anything!

Can’t make my mind up whether is a genuine gelling of this team or the fact that the pressure is off realising we’re down . You often see that with teams . Can see a few shock results on the cards for us !
UTB

Sadly enough that was my thought.

Hamer and Anel were both outstanding. Probably the penny has dropped that they won’t be getting PL moves on this season’s evidence.

The other reason for the improved performance was no Souza. Midfield looked so much more structured, purposeful and energetic.

We've taken 14 points from 18 games in games against teams from 9th-19th. When we show up, we can give the bottom half teams a game

4 games against those teams left - Burnley, TSCs, Brentford, Everton

Yeah but he knows he will be fine going back to the wonderful warm bosom of Pep at City....he doesn't really have to prove anything!
Funny thing, you could see him thriving in that kind of team, where he has tons of options for passes to team mates, rather than having to run down blind alleys.

Back
Top Bottom