Personally, I thought we were brilliant

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From the pig end

Reaction score
More organised.
More as a unit.
More passion.
More belief.
Awful defending from the corner, but much stronger at the back in general.
Faster play.
Sharper passing.
More aggressive.
Honestly, that was like the old united. Even Anel rolled back the clock. And if you don't feel the same way as me (you miseries) what about that lad Blaster!? Nobody can deny that he has the world at his feet, he can be good as he wants to be.
Immense talent.

Once we started having a pop, things started to happen.

Amazing what being as good as down can do to a teams' confidence.

You've already lost 8-0 at Bramall Lane and you're practically relegated. What's the worst that can happen by having a go?

More organised.
More as a unit.
More passion.
More belief.
Faster play.
Sharper passing.
More aggressive.
Honestly, that was like the old united. Even Anel rolled back the clock. And if you don't feel the same way as me (you miseries) what about that lad Blaster!? Nobody can deny that he has the world at his feet, he can be good as he wants to be.
Immense talent.
Agreed best performance of season for me,after first twenty minutes I actually enjoyed the game.

More organised.
More as a unit.
More passion.
More belief.
Faster play.
Sharper passing.
More aggressive.
Immense talent.

Well said - Blaster is a wonderful player in the making - Hamer looking stronger and stronger, and Osborne worked his socks off. It felt like we could trust them on the ball - which hasn't been the case most of this season.

We're going to finish the season in a better place hopefully and it feels like there is a plan there now for the future.

After a dodgy start we grew into the game and were a little unlucky not to get 3 points. The last 3 performances have been so much better than what went before.
If we hadn't lost Berger and ndiaye ( at that late stage) it could have been a completely different season

Arblaster 1st half of season for port vale inL1

Today up against 2 £100m players, one a World Cup winner and didn’t look out of place

Hamer likewise looked up for it

Ozzy was on a different level

McB , Anel, Robbo, Bogle, same

Maybe the shitshow CW inherited was bigger than some, me included appreciated

We’re down, but perform like that, beat forest & Burnley, finish 19th and things could look good for next season🙏

Not making the old "physical substitutions" helped. Having a bit of the ball helped enable that. Keeping the midfielders on was crucial

Anel, Hamer, Osborn, Arblaster and McBurnie were all very good. Nobody had a bad game. This is what we need to get results

Keep that up and we'll get over 20 points

Once we started having a pop, things started to happen.

Amazing what being as good as down can do to a teams' confidence.

You've already lost 8-0 at Bramall Lane and you're practically relegated. What's the worst that can happen by having a go?
Missed opportunity again for me.

We started sitting deeper before they scored their second and it was a matter of time. We needed to make those positive substitutions earlier, turn the screw a bit more as McBurnie had them dominated in the air

Good finish to the game but I think we could’ve had more out of it

More organised.
More as a unit.
More passion.
More belief.
Faster play.
Sharper passing.
More aggressive.
Immense talent.
A big welcome back to my wonderful BLADES…Yes, we dropped 2 gret whoppers. But the reasons we love this club (spirit and graft) were there tonight…Now let’s bring that loathsome pair, Burnley and the Scabs down with us. UTB!

And all you Vinni haters, he came on in difficult circumstances for Robbo. Did the job and was instrumental in the equaliser at the end. Deserved dropping, perhaps realises he has to earn his place after the poor performance at Liverpool. Arblaster, Hamer and Ozzie were excellent. Who would have selected that midfield before the game? McB and BBD do lead the line well together, always a nuisance. Defence, well....Still alot of work to be done there. Hopefully Anel is back, Robbo still puts everything into the game, hope he's OK. Holgate now getting up to speed. Bogle is Bogle, brilliant and purposeful one minute, brainfart the next. Not so Trusty and Garbage were the weak links. I really hope Blaster remembers his roots, true blade! We can build a future round him. The next TC imo. Not a bad accolade to live up to. Onwards, upwards, we at least have something decent to watch and build some momentum for next season, wherever we finish.

(Amazing) thing with Arblaster is that every time the ball went to him, my feeling was that we could trust him with it. Not something I've felt very much this season for any player. 19. Brilliant.
The trouble is …I think we should lock him in a room at Shirecliffe till next season.

It was a really good performance, tainted only by yet another soft goal from a corner, where we fail to mark a player. It's so frustrating because when we get on the front foot we can take the game to anyone. But defensive mistakes like this set us back at least a goal every game.

And all you Vinni haters, he came on in difficult circumstances for Robbo. Did the job and was instrumental in the equaliser at the end. Deserved dropping, perhaps realises he has to earn his place after the poor performance at Liverpool. Arblaster, Hamer and Ozzie were excellent. Who would have selected that midfield before the game? McB and BBD do lead the line well together, always a nuisance. Defence, well....Still alot of work to be done there. Hopefully Anel is back, Robbo still puts everything into the game, hope he's OK. Holgate now getting up to speed. Bogle is Bogle, brilliant and purposeful one minute, brainfart the next. Not so Trusty and Garbage were the weak links. I really hope Blaster remembers his roots, true blade! We can build a future round him. The next TC imo. Not a bad accolade to live up to. Onwards, upwards, we at least have something decent to watch and build some momentum for next season, wherever we finish.
We really need to get early decisions about Anel, McBurnie, etc etc. Even thought we’ll be in the Champs, we still can’t afford to have another disastrous summer window like last year.

Once we started having ago after 20 mins. We took confidence in what looked like a fragile defence.

Midfield began to take control. Palmer was nullified for a lot of the match.

It was a good performance. Whether that's come from last few games or the fact they feel pressure is off.

Anyway, 2nd consecutive home game I've actually enjoyed. And I've actually felt they're putting the effort in.

The difference with Arblaster is he's progressive. Gets the ball on the half turn and looks to go forward, looks to make yards up the pitch and tries to find a positive pass. Most of our players this season have looked scared to death in possession and instead of looking forward their first instinct has been to turn back, not make a mistake. But that gets us nowhere.

Notable shout to McBurnie too. He's very effective at what he does, has had far too many detractors this season. Fitness has been an issue but when he plays he makes a difference, at both ends.

Back
Top Bottom