Pay Lundstram up now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FWIW I’d drop him and try Burke or Bogle on the right side. Either of those two aren’t afraid to run at a man and cause issues for defences.

Plus if we lose then nothings really changed has it.
Oli Burke in central midfield? I've seen it all now.

Zac Brunt and Frankie Maguire play there for the U23s. Either of them - at least they want to be here.

Unfortunately,i can’t give an impartial opinion about Lundstram,because when everyone thought he was good last season i still thought he was crap......good is temporary,crap is permanent.
Glad its not just me who thought last season he was average apart from a few goals. Not exactly screamers either.

That's the unfortunate reality regardless of what we think of him, and we see him play every week. He can bank the cash and if he's sensible with it can live a very comfortable life after football on that kind of money, dining out on maybe a dozen decent games. It's the fact that he can turn up when he feels like it, which isn't very often.

If you think back...he struggled with us at Championship level.
I just accepted that upper league 1 was his level....and he‘d never play for us in the PL.

But it seems he saw an opportunity in the PL and worked like crazy over the Summer.
He does deserve credit that when ever he came on as sub......he often changed the game regards team tempo...energy and urgency,
Lundstram would generally replace Berge and it often felt like we’d brought on 2 players.

My issue though was even last season....when ever Lunny started he was disappointing....make him sub...and he came on like a man on a mission.

My view is that ability wise he’s very average...but he does have an allround game able to do a bit of everything.
His main strength was his athleticism, stamina and mobility.....but he has to work hard and have the right attitude to do this.
Suspect Lundstram is looking for his big pay day...a deal that sets him up for life.

If you think back...he struggled with us at Championship level.
I just accepted that upper league 1 was his level....and he‘d never play for us in the PL.

But it seems he saw an opportunity in the PL and worked like crazy over the Summer.
He does deserve credit that when ever he came on as sub......he often changed the game regards team tempo...energy and urgency,
Lundstram would generally replace Berge and it often felt like we’d brought on 2 players.

My issue though was even last season....when ever Lunny started he was disappointing....make him sub...and he came on like a man on a mission.

My view is that ability wise he’s very average...but he does have an allround game able to do a bit of everything.
His main strength was his athleticism, stamina and mobility.....but he has to work hard and have the right attitude to do this.
Suspect Lundstram is looking for his big pay day...a deal that sets him up for life.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with his abilities, he can do a bit of everything. Also had a point to prove being dropped for Berge when at the time he was doing ok for us.
Coutts getting injured and Lundstram replacing him pretty much meant that we fell away in the Championship that year. I was dumbstruck to have seen him starting at Bournemouth based on the previous 2 seasons of very little more than pedestrian, sideways passing which he's gone back to.

A Woolworths footballer - has a bit of everything but is ultimately shite.

Oli Burke in central midfield? I've seen it all now.

Zac Brunt and Frankie Maguire play there for the U23s. Either of them - at least they want to be here.

I said “right side”.

This club won't ever achieve anything. I've sort of known this for a long time, but now I'm convinced of it.

When the trouble constantly comes from within it's pointless caring or having an opinion. Just accept that very very occasionally we'll stumble across a bunch of hoofers who'll have enough about them to cause an upset every two decades or so.

I've given up wanting any better now. I've given up caring how bad things get and I will barely raise an eyebrow if we do something unexpectedly semi decent (it won't be good) just semi decent is as good as we'll get every 20 years or so

This is actually good news because it means I'll be like most others that support us...........a proper clap...... sorry fan

Our fans let emotion effect their opinions.
You can be sure agents and clubs won’t be emotional and will conduct their business based on cold facts.

I’ll explain why Lunny is likely to be offered £50K a week in the PL.

1: He received massive publicity last season coming on as sub for 3 or 4 months playing really well for us and he was also scoring goals.
So he’s proven that he can perform to a decent level at PL standard. Sometimes when he came on as sub his energy changed the game in our favour.

2: Believe it or not......last season fans at other clubs...thought he was our best player.
I find this hard to believe but he’s probably our most well known...high profile player.
Fans at other clubs will put this seasons poor form down to playing in a poor team.

3: His position is combative, tough tackling, get all around the pitch, goal scoring midfielder.
The fact that his goal record was so good last season...ensures other clubs will be interested,

4: No transfer fee...means it’s easily affordable for any PL club to offer Lunny £50K a week. (just £2.5 million a season....so he becomes a relative bargain).
Think it depends on the length of the contract. He might even be offered much more than £50K but for only 1 or 2 years.
To some clubs Lunny will be seen as a Jack Rodwell low cost type signing...£2.5 million a season is peanuts to a PL club.

Many will say....ahh he can join Palace for £60K a week but he’ll rarely play and will soon be back to playing in league 1.
Doubt Lunny will be bothered if his next contract makes him a millionaire...he’ll consider his career to have been a success,
That’s an interesting perspective and certainly is a credible one. What I fail to understand is why anyone with a football brain can’t see that a) he’s not actually very athletic - he rarely wins a tackle and is regularly caught flat footed and is easily beaten b) he offers nothing as an attacking option c) he takes all momentum out of the side.
He may well get picked as a squad player due to the reasons you’ve rightly stated but a regular PL player? I simply can’t see it.

Cant we all just chip in a few quid towards getting the thieving scouse bastard kneecapped?

That’s an interesting perspective and certainly is a credible one. What I fail to understand is why anyone with a football brain can’t see that a) he’s not actually very athletic - he rarely wins a tackle and is regularly caught flat footed and is easily beaten b) he offers nothing as an attacking option c) he takes all momentum out of the side.
He may well get picked as a squad player due to the reasons you’ve rightly stated but a regular PL player? I simply can’t see it.

Agree...this season he’s looked consistently no where near PL level.
I’ve noticed that his tackles are often mistimed and he’s struggling to close down midfielders around him.
It’s as though he’s struggling for fitness or has low morale and simply can’t be bothered.

His agent will be saying it was only last season.....where his tackling was great....remember the brilliant challenge where he wiped out Villa;s Grealish.
He was also closing every down...like a Nick Montgomery on steroids and incredibly he was coming up with a few goals.
This recent evidence is very persuasive to PL looking for a bargain....no transfer fee...just wages.

What these PL clubs won’t realise is that those 4 months are great form might just be a blip because the previous 2 years he was very average playing for us even at the lower Championship level.

Agree...this season he’s looked consistently no where near PL level.
I’ve noticed that his tackles are often mistimed and he’s struggling to close down midfielders around him.
It’s as though he’s struggling for fitness or has low morale and simply can’t be bothered.

His agent will be saying it was only last season.....where his tackling was great....remember the brilliant challenge where he wiped out Villa;s Grealish.
He was also closing every down...like a Nick Montgomery on steroids and incredibly he was coming up with a few goals.
This recent evidence is very persuasive to PL looking for a bargain....no transfer fee...just wages.

What these PL clubs won’t realise is that those 4 months are great form might just be a blip because the previous 2 years he was very average playing for us in the Championship.
Simply cant be bothered

Have we seen the last of Lundstram?

Paul Heckingbottom drops John Lundstram hint to question Sheffield United fans want answering​

Blades fans want the team selection in the remaining matches to reflect those players who will be at Bramall Lane next season
Paul Heckingbottom has answered the one question Blades fans wanted asking since he replaced Chris Wilder as manager at the begging of the month.

With the club almost certainly playing Championship football again and their Premier League status all but confirmed, fans now want team selection in the remaining matches to reflect those players who will be at Sheffield United next season.

And, in particular, regarding John Lundstram's inclusion in the starting XI.

Supporters have been critical of the midfielder in recent weeks.

He is set to leave the club at the end of June after turning down multiple offers of a new deal and has been the subject of fans' ire.
Although a key member of last season's excellent ninth-placed finish, the 27-year-old, who United signed from Oxford in 2017, has failed to reproduce that form this time round during a season of struggle.

Fans now want to see Heckingbottom experiment in his final nine matches with team selection

YorkshireLIVE

Paul Heckingbottom drops John Lundstram hint to question Sheffield United fans want answering​

Blades fans want the team selection in the remaining matches to reflect those players who will be at Bramall Lane next season
Paul Heckingbottom has answered the one question Blades fans wanted asking since he replaced Chris Wilder as manager at the begging of the month.

With the club almost certainly playing Championship football again and their Premier League status all but confirmed, fans now want team selection in the remaining matches to reflect those players who will be at Sheffield United next season.

He is set to leave the club at the end of June after turning down multiple offers of a new deal and has been the subject of fans' ire.
Although a key member of last season's excellent ninth-placed finish, the 27-year-old, who United signed from Oxford in 2017, has failed to reproduce that form this time round during a season of struggle.

Fans now want to see Heckingbottom experiment in his final nine matches with team selection

YorkshireLIVE
It's a positive move for me. Whatever the differences have grown between player and club there is going to be a parting of the ways.
Midfield is our most lacking area, providing our centre backs mend properly.
Think we need another centre back and at least 2 midfielders even if we can hold on to Berge. Think Berge will be gone, can't see his style of play suiting the Championship.
Good idea at this point to take a look at the younger players, see who can step up. UTB.

Doing his level best, combined with those weird substitutions, to get the sack ?
hmmm. makes me wonder now never did understand chris continually playing lundstram when it was obvious he didnt give a shit and put about 5% effort in should have paid him up last september

YorkshireLIVE

I've read that three times now and still can't find the hint.

YorkshireLIVE

Which local reporter are you?

YorkshireLIVE
I think you’ll find some have been critical of the lazy twat for 12 months not just recent weeks.

The journalist in question needs to get his or her facts right, making out he’s only been shite and effortless for just the last few weeks just isn’t right, he’s been a lazy twat for months.

I think you’ll find some have been critical of the lazy twat for 12 months not just recent weeks.

The journalist in question needs to get his or her facts right, making out he’s only been shite and effortless for just the last few weeks just isn’t right, he’s been a lazy twat for months.
from the 2nd minute of the start of this season actually 😠

YorkshireLIVE
I just read “Paul Heckingbottom drops John Lundstram” and skipped through the rest.

Actually the key is in the rest of the article not posted above:

Asked if he plans to pick a side with players here next season in mind, Heckingbotton admits that while he has the freedom to do that with his strikers, he will not be able to make too many changes in other areas for the time being.

"Right now, in this instance, we can pick two from seven forwards including Iliman, but apart from that in the other positions, no," he admitted.

The only way I could do that is playing the academy players in the other positions because we have not got the bodies and the ability to make those changes.

This suggests to me that he thinks Lundstram is the best option for that position and will only play an Academy player if he gets injured for example.

Actually the key is in the rest of the article not posted above:

Asked if he plans to pick a side with players here next season in mind, Heckingbotton admits that while he has the freedom to do that with his strikers, he will not be able to make too many changes in other areas for the time being.

"Right now, in this instance, we can pick two from seven forwards including Iliman, but apart from that in the other positions, no," he admitted.

The only way I could do that is playing the academy players in the other positions because we have not got the bodies and the ability to make those changes.

This suggests to me that he thinks Lundstram is the best option for that position and will only play an Academy player if he gets injured for example.
I'll chuck in a tenner for a whipround if someone volunteers to go and kick him.

Nowt too serious, just enough to keep him out for 6 weeks or so...

*Lunny, that is. Hecky seems alreyt

Back
Top Bottom