Pay Lundstram up now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zipwire

Reaction score
Having digested yesterdays result and complete non performance down at Leicester, and having watched every game this season, and followed United closely, just as I have done for most of my life, I've drawn to the following conclusions.

Some of the players have to shoulder some of the responsibility of this terrible season.

In goal we have got Aaron Ramsdale who is above censure as he has performed manfully, shown a great attitude as the season as gone on

The balance of the defence was dramatically altered as we lost the most important member of it early in the season and a player who offered a lot going forward as well. Egan and Basham have struggled with the second season but still put a shift in, same applies for Baldock. Enda Steven has struggled more than most without his mate JOC in the side and his form has fallen off a cliff. Ampedu, Lowe and Bogle are still young lads learning the game. Robinson and Bryan have tried to do a job but aren't up to scratch, and Jags is a player who was brought in for his experience and to help out the squad with his Premier League experience, and wasn't expected to be a first team regular, more a player with experience who could come off the bench to settle everything down.

Midfield has been poor for long periods of this season. Fleck has struggled with injuries and doesn't look fit and is blowing out of his arse after an hour of most games, and other teams have worked out how to stop Oli Norwood getting on the ball and splitting defences wide open with his ping. Berge has been injured for most of the season. Ampedu has been required at the back and not had the opportunity. Ben Osborn is full of effort but is Championship standard.

The forward line has performed manfully but has been starved of quality service. For all the criticism Brewster has received, he still gets in a lot of good positions but the ball never appears where he wants it to be. McBurnie is a honest, hard working target man who will willingly go up for headers all day and night and chase and harry the opposition back line. McGoldrick has been the man most likely to score just through his intelligence and willingness to try something difference. Sharp is the same as Jags, a talismanic figure who is better off coming off the bench nowadays to grab us a goal and Burke isn't cut out to be a striker at this level. Mousset, less said about him at the minute as he has been a waste of time this season.

The one player who should shoulder most of the blame this season is John Lundstram. In his first couple of seasons I backed him when he was subject to a lot of unfair criticism. He was a young lad who was playing at a higher level than he had done before and sure, he made mistakes but he also put in a real shift in every game he played. Crunching tackles and driving forward with the ball and getting in to some really good positions as well and weighing in with the goals. Before the 19/20 season he went away, trained hard all summer and came back as fit as he could possibly and came in to the side and made a midfield position his own with some superb box to box midfield performances, driving forward with the ball and looked a player who had been playing in the top flight all his career.

Yesterday he ambled through the game, not even arsed to get out of first gear, with all the air of a man who knows he is gone at the end of the season and couldn't give a fuck about his team-mate or Sheffield United. He missed tackle after tackle, when he did get on the ball his output was mainly long telegraphed balls for the strikers to try and run on to, or losing possession all to easily. I understand there are players who rightfully were nowhere near their best yesterday as they care enough about the club and their team-mates for the events of the last few days to have had a massive negative impact on their mentality and there wasn't anywhere near their best and that is understandable and I can accept that, but Lundstram has been like this all season.

I'd have him in the office this morning, give him and his agent what they need to fuck off, and move on without him. He obviously has downed tools, hasn't got the professional dignity to put in the slightest bit of effort and his letting himself, his team-mates and the club that pays his wages down massively. His performance yesterday was nothing more than a disgrace and embodied a player who is a mercenary who is more bothered about what he can get out of the game. Yesterday he should be acutely embarrassed and ashamed, and I hope when he is no longer a Sheffield United player that the offers don't come in and that through sheer arrogant petulence he hasn't fucked us over, he has fucked his own career as well. Shameful

Lundstram will be playing in the Premier League before we do again after the end of this season, if not he'll be playing in the Champions League and winning trophies for Rangers.

Sad.

Lundstram will be playing in the Premier League before we do again after the end of this season, if not he'll be playing in the Champions League and winning trophies for Rangers.

Sad.

The fucked up thing about that is that you are most likely correct.

But he will always in my mind, be one of those who downed tools when it mattered.

I wouldn't pay him up, I'd make him wait for his monthly salary every month, I'd just stick him with the kids for the rest of the season. He's not arsed, he could just jog around with them instead of the first team.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club. Let him spend his weekends with their lass. Leave the football to those who give a shit

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club. Let him spend his weekends with their lass. Leave the football to those who give a shit
That's a better idea than mine actually. Stick him on gardening leave, hope he doesn't keep fit and then jeopardises his future prospects with another club.

Never seen a player try less than him for a sustained period of time and get away with it.

Sadly, he will either be a Palarse or Rangers next season. His attitude has been poor, his play has been poor but unfortunately, unless Heckingbottom starts playing the kids or Didzy in the middle, we do not have another right sided midfielder to fill that "void". Simply put, he is getting into the team because we are so threadbare.

I wouldn't pay him up, I'd make him wait for his monthly salary every month, I'd just stick him with the kids for the rest of the season. He's not arsed, he could just jog around with them instead of the first team.
I wouldn't have him anywhere near the training ground!
'Garden leave' is what I would recommend. Tell him to not bother coming in!

That's a better idea than mine actually. Stick him on gardening leave, hope he doesn't keep fit and then jeopardises his future prospects with another club.

Never seen a player try less than him for a sustained period of time and get away with it.

I mean it.

Seeing Norwood's interview the other week gave me pause for thought with regard to being too harsh on players. But that guy has given up, he wants out and we should let him go. Furthermore, it's an attitude that would poison the kids if you let him rot with the 23's.

He wants out, fine. Get him paid, get him off the rig

The fucked up thing about that is that you are most likely correct.

But he will always in my mind, be one of those who downed tools when it mattered.

True, though he was in the form of his life then we looked to replace him with Sander Berge.

He saw this train crash coming, so he knew the best chance to stay in the PL was to reject the new contract.

Quite clever actually.

I'd rather play a kid in there. At the minute lundstram knows he's playing every week regardless of how shit he plays and all it's doing is stoking up his already over inflated ego of his because he thinks we can't play the system without him.

As soon as he started believing this nonsense FPL hype last season he should have been binned off. One of wilders biggest mistakes in his time here for me

I don;t get all this about Lundstram. He hasn't dropped off or lost interest. Apart from an eight or nine goal cameo in late 2019-2020 he's always been crap.

I completely agree. I don't like aiming at players for perceived lack of effort, it's not easy to tell and only they know. Lack of confidence can look like a lack of effort.

Having said that, Lundstram just isn't a very good player. Like Robinson, Osborn, Bryan, Lowe, Burke and probably a couple more, it's not their fault they're being asked to do something they're not capable of.

If anyone's to blame it's the person who keeps selecting them week after week.

This is one of the over riding mysteries of the games since it was obvious we had been relegated and had past Derbys points total. We continue to play players who we know wont be here next season. At the same time what is likely to be our first choice striking partnership, McB and Brewster dont get on the pitch.

Heckingbottom should have been to told to start preparing the squad for next season NOW and play the lads who will be the nucleus of next season's first 11...not the likes of Lunny, Sharp and Burke

True, though he was in the form of his life then we looked to replace him with Sander Berge.

He saw this train crash coming, so he knew the best chance to stay in the PL was to reject the new contract.

Quite clever actually.

Without a doubt.

Look, the contract thing is what it is, it was his right to accept or not. Maybe the club did lowball him, I dunno.

What I can't forgive, is that he struts around knowing he is undroppable. If I was a potential buyer, I'd be asking questions

Without a doubt.

Look, the contract thing is what it is, it was his right to accept or not. Maybe the club did lowball him, I dunno.

What I can't forgive, is that he struts around knowing he is undroppable. If I was a potential buyer, I'd be asking questions

Even if the club paid him the highest wage in the club he could still get more elsewhere.

We'll see where he ends up, if anything our struggles is probably good for his prospects as it means when his agent markets him he says 'Look it's not his fault'

Having digested yesterdays result and complete non performance down at Leicester, and having watched every game this season, and followed United closely, just as I have done for most of my life, I've drawn to the following conclusions.

Some of the players have to shoulder some of the responsibility of this terrible season.

In goal we have got Aaron Ramsdale who is above censure as he has performed manfully, shown a great attitude as the season as gone on

The balance of the defence was dramatically altered as we lost the most important member of it early in the season and a player who offered a lot going forward as well. Egan and Basham have struggled with the second season but still put a shift in, same applies for Baldock. Enda Steven has struggled more than most without his mate JOC in the side and his form has fallen off a cliff. Ampedu, Lowe and Bogle are still young lads learning the game. Robinson and Bryan have tried to do a job but aren't up to scratch, and Jags is a player who was brought in for his experience and to help out the squad with his Premier League experience, and wasn't expected to be a first team regular, more a player with experience who could come off the bench to settle everything down.

Midfield has been poor for long periods of this season. Fleck has struggled with injuries and doesn't look fit and is blowing out of his arse after an hour of most games, and other teams have worked out how to stop Oli Norwood getting on the ball and splitting defences wide open with his ping. Berge has been injured for most of the season. Ampedu has been required at the back and not had the opportunity. Ben Osborn is full of effort but is Championship standard.

The forward line has performed manfully but has been starved of quality service. For all the criticism Brewster has received, he still gets in a lot of good positions but the ball never appears where he wants it to be. McBurnie is a honest, hard working target man who will willingly go up for headers all day and night and chase and harry the opposition back line. McGoldrick has been the man most likely to score just through his intelligence and willingness to try something difference. Sharp is the same as Jags, a talismanic figure who is better off coming off the bench nowadays to grab us a goal and Burke isn't cut out to be a striker at this level. Mousset, less said about him at the minute as he has been a waste of time this season.

The one player who should shoulder most of the blame this season is John Lundstram. In his first couple of seasons I backed him when he was subject to a lot of unfair criticism. He was a young lad who was playing at a higher level than he had done before and sure, he made mistakes but he also put in a real shift in every game he played. Crunching tackles and driving forward with the ball and getting in to some really good positions as well and weighing in with the goals. Before the 19/20 season he went away, trained hard all summer and came back as fit as he could possibly and came in to the side and made a midfield position his own with some superb box to box midfield performances, driving forward with the ball and looked a player who had been playing in the top flight all his career.

Yesterday he ambled through the game, not even arsed to get out of first gear, with all the air of a man who knows he is gone at the end of the season and couldn't give a fuck about his team-mate or Sheffield United. He missed tackle after tackle, when he did get on the ball his output was mainly long telegraphed balls for the strikers to try and run on to, or losing possession all to easily. I understand there are players who rightfully were nowhere near their best yesterday as they care enough about the club and their team-mates for the events of the last few days to have had a massive negative impact on their mentality and there wasn't anywhere near their best and that is understandable and I can accept that, but Lundstram has been like this all season.

I'd have him in the office this morning, give him and his agent what they need to fuck off, and move on without him. He obviously has downed tools, hasn't got the professional dignity to put in the slightest bit of effort and his letting himself, his team-mates and the club that pays his wages down massively. His performance yesterday was nothing more than a disgrace and embodied a player who is a mercenary who is more bothered about what he can get out of the game. Yesterday he should be acutely embarrassed and ashamed, and I hope when he is no longer a Sheffield United player that the offers don't come in and that through sheer arrogant petulence he hasn't fucked us over, he has fucked his own career as well. Shameful
Let’s see what team appears on Sunday. I would have Bogle in there

This is one of the over riding mysteries of the games since it was obvious we had been relegated and had past Derbys points total. We continue to play players who we know wont be here next season. At the same time what is likely to be our first choice striking partnership, McB and Brewster dont get on the pitch.

Heckingbottom should have been to told to start preparing the squad for next season NOW and play the lads who will be the nucleus of next season's first 11...not the likes of Lunny, Sharp and Burke
I think the comments about senior players pitching in to help take it to the end of the season probably means at least one of billy or didzy will start between now and seasons end.

These ideas are great. Do we have a player to replace Lundstram with? Nope.

Which is exactly why he seems to have the attitude he has. Undroppable.

We're bolloxed anyway so someone from the 23's?

I don;t get all this about Lundstram. He hasn't dropped off or lost interest. Apart from an eight or nine goal cameo in late 2019-2020 he's always been crap.
Hi Stegosaurus here

He's coasting on becoming a Fantasy Football meme. Im baffled why any team is interested. He's a League 1 level player.

Lundstram has had this virus called Lergy for along time now and its infectiousness has been spread amongst his teamates.

#LundstramLergy

Which is exactly why he seems to have the attitude he has. Undroppable.

We're bolloxed anyway so someone from the 23's?

Easy to say but I'm not aware of anyone in the U23s that comes close to being good enough. Blooding them is one thing but exposing them too young may do them more harm than good, especially if the side are getting beaten/spanked every week. I remember it happening to George Long - I think it was his debut when Utd got hammered by Swansea and he didn't ever look confident thereafter. Some may say (myself included) that his ability always a doubt but it hopefully highlights my point.

I’ll say what I’ve said previously, as poor as he’s been this year he’s been no worse than many others. The main difference is that we won’t have to worry about him beyond this season, the rest of them we will.

Back
Top Bottom