Manager Suggestion Paul Warne

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IdLiketoRogerMoore

In Hecky we Trust!
Reaction score
More of a suggestion than anything else...

As someone who's admired his work from afar over the past few years - if I were Bettis/PA I'd be extremely curious to get him in for a couple of hours and listen to what he has to say and how he sees the world...

As someone who's admired his work from afar over the past few years - if I were Bettis/PA I'd be extremely curious to get him in for a couple of hours and listen to what he has to say and how he sees the world...
Rotherham fans have been wanting him out all season, so for us to consider him would probably make us a bigger joke than we are already😊

As good a job as he's done at Rotherham, I really can't see him being on, never mind at the top of, Utd's Board's list of candidates.

The same could be said for Paul Cook, who I would be even more keen on if he hadn't recently taken the Ipswich job - I suspect the Massive will rue the decision to go with Moore over him.

Gerrim in, loved them away days at Port Vale, Colchester 😂👍
2 promotions with a very small budget and always competitive. Play with loads of energy and press well when I see them. Plus if they are the ones who send Wednesday down I'd love it

Seems a really sound bloke. Be some achievement keeping them up. We could do a lot worse than him
Suppose it's all about ambition, he's doing a terrific job at Rotherham and I hope he keeps them up and it sends Wendy down, but if he's on our list I would say get ready to fall even further down the pecking order, and if it's finances we are in the shit big style!!

He’s a Norfolk boy so he could give me a lift home after the game so I can consume ales. It’s a yes from me.

Reactions: Dkc

TBF I think that is a decent suggestion, he is a young and up and coming manager.

Even if he takes them back down again I still think he'd be worth considering.

The last time he took them down he brought them straight back up again.

They may end up yo-yoing but its Rotherham where the majority of managers can only do so much can't they? When they're at this level they're punching above their weight.

TBF I think that is a decent suggestion, he is a young and up and coming manager.

Even if he takes them back down again I still think he'd be worth considering.

The last time he took them down he brought them straight back up again.

They may end up yo-yoing but its Rotherham where the majority of managers can only do so much can't they? When they're at this level they're punching above their weight.
He builds a decent team then the best players get poached, That explains some of the yo-yo antics.
He was also reluctant to be manager initially, that needs to be considered, does he want to manage a big club?
I wouldn't mind him and have said it before.

Warne has done well with probably the worst/lowest resources at his disposal (Wycombe excepted) in that league

However, I’m not sure whether this job would be too big for him? He said when managing Rotherham that he never really wanted to manage, but here he still is, what 3 or 4 years on.

I like him, but he seems to nice to manage us. I think it'd be Adkins mk.II.

my concern with warne would be stylistically his Rotherham sides are limited and I don’t think there’s a very high ceiling on that style nowadays. Now I can understand that playing that way is very pragmatic given the players available but can he play another way in a better situation?

He's done well at Rotherham but not so sure his CV merits us going for him yet. Obviously some will say the same re Blessin, but he's clearly with a view to the model that the Prince wants of a guy who knows the European market, specifically Belgium I would guess, well and has a reputation as an up and coming manager with a coaching record at a big club like Leipzig, albeit with the youth side.

If we're going domestic then as I said on the other thread I'd like Mark Robins from Cov after what he's done there and before..

Also the Barnsley manager is got to be worth a shout if we're going close to home fter what he's done there and he would presumably fit the criteria that the board wants, but I doubt we'll find it easy to prize him away from Barnsley to a local rival in the same league. Ironically if that happens it's possible that Barnsley would go for Blessin as the same owners of Barnsley also own Oostende, assuming there's no problems with work permit again.

If the board are setting their sights on managers from either bottom of Championship or League1, don't expect to see United in PL for a long time. Howe turned Celtic down after looking odds on to be going there, I could see him ending up at possibly Palace I mean Hodgson is 115 now.

I don't know who's coming in but the sooner Hecky and Tindall come away from 1st team the better, Hecky can go back to managing under 23s.

No ta

Also the Barnsley manager is got to be worth a shout if we're going close to home fter what he's done there and he would presumably fit the criteria that the board wants, but I doubt we'll find it easy to prize him away from Barnsley to a local rival in the same league.
If they don’t go up, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t very interested in joining us. We’re a step up from Barnsley by any definition or criteria you want to apply.
Ignore the fact their owners are rich, they didn’t get rich by throwing money away and they’ve bought Barnsley as a business, not a hobby. They won’t be doing a Chansiri.

I do not want the Barnsley manager their type of football is horrendous
Kick it back to front to get men round to win the second ball.
If football is supposedly an entertainment that is not entertaining and hardly effective

I do not want the Barnsley manager their type of football is horrendous
Kick it back to front to get men round to win the second ball.
If football is supposedly an entertainment that is not entertaining and hardly effective
I'll be honest and say I've not watched Barnsley this season Bertie but the league position says whatever they're doing it must be effective and I do know several Barnsley fans and they think he's great, although I've not asked them on style of football. Most foreign managers tend to play it out from the back and play football, rather than direct tactics.

Some supporters have the same small time mentality as the folk in charge of the council who held Sheffield back for decades.

Back
Top Bottom