Paul Rodgers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mancunianblade

Reaction score
Saw him mentioned on the “they played for both threads and it triggered a memory or so I think..

I’m certain I remember reading a piece on him in the match day programme (maybe in the PL years) main photo was him sat behind a desk on the phone in a shirt and tie..

The piece was about him having another job as well as being a pro footballer.

Anyone else recall this?

Saw him mentioned on the “they played for both threads and it triggered a memory or so I think..

I’m certain I remember reading a piece on him in the match day programme (maybe in the PL years) main photo was him sat behind a desk on the phone in a shirt and tie..

Anyone else recall this?

Yes, he was a Commodities Broker (and played for Sutton United) before he joined us.

Anyone else recall this?
He was semi-pro before we signed him. From distant memory. So maybe that's it?

Remember reading it and as I was young just thinking most players must have normal jobs and train in the evenings like I did for the under 9s 😂😂

He was the singer with Free, as opposed to Paul Rogers, who played for us and Brighton 🙂
And for me one of the finest voices to grace my earholes.
We could do with that level of quality on the Kop1😁
He can hold a note as well as, if not better than many.👍

That was the era you used to turn up at the Lane and Basett had plucked someone from the non league.

Was a decent ish player for us.

In the photo he had a briefcase (wanker!) and a mobile phone the size of a small child. He had a good engine on him. He was like a pre-Nick Montgomery. If you look back at videos of the goals we scored during his time at the club, you will see he was ALWAYS the first player to congratulate the goalscorer.

Paul Rodgers - the best blues rock singer to ever play full back at BDTBL! Total Heartbreaker, but It's Alright Now. 😄
When he left the Blades, didn’t he do a tour and album with the surviving members of Queen?

I think during Howard Kendall's first match in charge at Ipswich Town did he play right back?

Yes, he was a Commodities Broker (and played for Sutton United) before he joined us.
Yes, joined same time as Andy Scott I think and played a lot of games in midfield alongside John Gannon. Was one of my favourite players at that time, always worked hard for the team.

Yes, joined same time as Andy Scott I think and played a lot of games in midfield alongside John Gannon. Was one of my favourite players at that time, always worked hard for the team.
Was only £35k, a brilliant signing in the scheme of things. Consistent, athletic, box to box midfielder and chipped in a few goals too. Could do with him now...

Paul Rodgers? Any relation to Nile 'also played at the Lane' Rodgers?

Back
Top Bottom