Paul Hart...........

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
........in todays Sun;

"Paul Hart is poised to become the new Sheffield United manager.

Former Palace chief will get the job after Doncasters Sean O'Driscoll turned it down"

Hope this is crap, would rather them stick with Carver.

Hart's appointment would be catastrophic as far as Birch/McCabe's relationship with the fans is concerned.

No, just no! I rather have an young up and coming man than him.

Also why do the nationals know this when you would expect the local rag and radio to have better contacts/relationships with the club.

Shocking win record, and no promotions at all on his CV. Surely, SURELY we can do better than this?

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Perhaps this has been fed to the papers in order to make another move seem less shit?

If this happens it will mark a very sad day in our history, condem us to relegation and be the last straw for thousands of supporters. It will also be the clearest indication to date if just how much the management have lost the plot.

If this happens it will mark a very sad day in our history, condem us to relegation and be the last straw for thousands of supporters. It will also be the clearest indication to date if just how much the management have lost the plot.

Agreed. He may keep us up. But then what?

Playing devil's advocate here....his teams played excellant football at Forest,he kept Palace up,knows the lower leagues(got Chessie in the play offs). He probably ticks the boxes for the Board in terms of changing the style of football we play with the relevant experience at championship level.

However his record at Barnsley and Portsmouth in particular would suggest this may be a poor appointment(if true)

It would be good if we could appoint someone who I wasn't looking forward to getting sacked from day 1. Would much prefer any of Carver, Adams, Scott, Brown etc etc to Hart. A shite manager and a total prick to boot.

It could be that the press are just thinking up names to link with the job as they have no idea who will get it due to our silence on the matter. They put enough names out there and then claim the 'scoop' when it is announced.

Remember SOD was 'nailed on',the Adams,now Hart

come on now everybody this is sheffield utd,are you forgetting if this is true,he will be fookin CHEAP !!! with no compo to pay,perfect for our board

come on now everybody this is sheffield utd,are you forgetting if this is true,he will be fookin CHEAP !!! with no compo to pay,perfect for our board

There thinking may be, Hart with no compo but 500k for players. Or, Adams, with 500k compo and no money for players?

What would you go for?

........in todays Sun;

Former Palace chief will get the job after Doncasters Sean O'Driscoll turned it down"

Hart's appointment would be catastrophic as far as Birch/McCabe's relationship with the fans is concerned.

They wouldn't, would they?

He has as much charisma as a fart

FFS :(

Yet another cheap option?

I hope this is utter BS

And to think the board have took their time to make the right decision if the article is correct

If,as claimed,Hart was promised the job if SOD turned us down,why would we approach Brentford and Port Vale to speak to their managers a few days ago ? We would have put Hart straight in charge.-unless they weren't impressed with hart at the interview stage and are now looking elsehwere !

If,as claimed,Hart was promised the job if SOD turned us down,why would we approach Brentford and Port Vale to speak to their managers a few days ago ? We would have put Hart straight in charge.-unless they weren't impressed with hart at the interview stage and are now looking elsehwere !

maybe they spoke to Hart last?

There thinking may be, Hart with no compo but 500k for players. Or, Adams, with 500k compo and no money for players?

What would you go for?

This crossed my mind too Soton, especially as we have been quoted £500K for Andy Reid............if that was the case though then give the job to Brown!

mmmm,good conundrum there sotonblade, the whole place is run like where i work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, as much productivity required with least expenditure,no wage rises for 2 years but boss takes as much out as he likes, de ja vue for me

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

cant see us keeping reid,he seems to be playing opposing teams on his own at present,take him out of the equation and what have we got ? he is a quality player and wont want to stick around if he is going to be fucked about like this board are performing at present

Paul Hart?! Surely even McCabe can't be that stupid. This season just gets better & better.

........in todays Sun;

Get ready for the incoming flack but:

I thought Hart should have replaced Warnock instead of both Robson and Blackwell so I'll get to see if I'm talking bollocks now if this is true.

Why pick Hart?

Isn't Pembo supposed to be part of the process and didn't they work together at Forrest?
Will Hart take the post and work with the current support team and therefore save the club money in sackings giving Hart monies to use in January?
Wasn’t Hart at big factor at Leeds when they successfully brought talented youngsters thru the ranks into the first team?
Did he not play under Clough so knows what the grass is meant to be used for?
Is he not as much a risk like an up and coming manager such as Scott?

Think about it, he ticks quite a few boxes?

Change of Image Required?
Mr McCabe mentioned fairly recently that United needed an image change. I am sure that he is correct. We need to shed the image of being aggressive, physical and confrontational if ever we are to get a fair crack of the whip with decisions from the Premiership, FA, referees etc.

If the above is a given, do we need to ensure that our next choice of manager is suited to the improved image that we require to get a fair crack of the whip.

Ticks this box as well?

I'm starting to warm to Carver personally, the passion shown yesterday has been long overdue, and his rant after the game has not been seen since the days of Warnock, he has been bloody unlucky to only get 3 points out of 9 as well.

Hart is the usual last resort of clubs in deep shit - this really would send out a message.

I'm starting to warm to Carver personally, the passion shown yesterday has been long overdue, and his rant after the game has not been seen since the days of Warnock, he has been bloody unlucky to only get 3 points out of 9 as well.

Me too. mI'd give him until the end of the season. The players seem to like him as well according to interviews I've heard

Me too. mI'd give him until the end of the season. The players seem to like him as well according to interviews I've heard

As for the players, they genuinely haven't a clue what's going to happen. That said, they apparently do quite like playing for him as he is definitely passionate

Back
Top Bottom