Paddy staying for good?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Linz

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Reported on the BBC's gossip column...

Sheffield United keeper Paddy Kenny is ready to pledge the rest of his career to the club after coming off the transfer list. (The Sun)

Can't find the story on the Sun site because it is offensive to anyone with eyes... but what do we think about that one then?

• Admin
Blades work on long-term Kenny deal

SHEFFIELD United have served further notice of their desire to tie goalkeeper Paddy Kenny to a long-term contract.
Kenny, a seven-time Republic of Ireland international, recently agreed to remove his name from the transfer list following talks between manager Kevin Blackwell and his assistant Sam Ellis.

Kenny's name was circulated among Championship and Premier League clubs when he reported late for training before the Boxing Day draw at Wolves although his relationship with United had already become strained by their refusal to immediately open talks on a new deal.

However a series of impressive displays during United's climb to fourth in the table, combined with Blackwell's decision to publicly praise the former Bury player, has caused a thaw.

After watching Kenny make a series of crucial saves against QPR and Blackpool, Ellis said: "It's important that we mention Paddy's contribution.

"Often 'keepers get overlooked but they can win as many points as anyone else out there. He's a very important and integral part of our plans."

dont want to offend any one but i think ian bennet is better that kenny and i think he should he been sold. i hope i didnt hurt anyone feelings (please say if i did)

dont want to offend any one but i think ian bennet is better that kenny and i think he should he been sold. i hope i didnt hurt anyone feelings (please say if i did)

You can't offend people by saying things like that mate. So don't worry:D

Some people think the same as you on here.

Both are good keepers to me, and I'd be happy with either between the sticks.

Im happy with Kenny staying. But i dont thik he should be an automatic choice like in the past. Bennett has shown he's more than capable of coming in if Kenny has a dip in form.

Back
Top Bottom