P-Day

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JPBrods

Reaction score
Go on then. When is it?

Now I know it's not confirmed, but permutations are now very much into play.
Correct me if I am wrong but we can be promoted without kicking a ball from this position. If Luton and Boro somehow lose tomorrow night and then Boro win at Luton, we'd be up next Monday.
Likely WBA game at home could be the one, but failing that, Preston at home.

Edit, if Luton fail to beat Boro in this scenario.

Last edited:

Boro aren't a factor now, aside from being able to hold up Luton. Luton dropping points tomorrow would make it interesting Monday.

West Brom game will be a big one as they are giving it everything to make the play offs. If Luton drop points in their next two we have a month to rotate for the fa cup final in June. Turns out the fa planned it for the end of the premier league season with the world cup delay a factor rather than the championship 😉

Go on then. When is it?

Correct me if I am wrong but we can be promoted without kicking a ball from this position. If Luton and Boro somehow lose tomorrow night and then Boro win at Luton, we'd be up next Monday.

Basically we want Luton to draw at Reading tomorrow and not beat Boro next Monday and, barring a13 goal swing, we're up without kicking another ball.

Basically we want Luton to draw at Reading tomorrow and not beat Boro next Monday and, barring a13 goal swing, we're up without kicking another ball.
I need to change that. We'd need a point because Boro could overtake us.

Boro can only reach 83 points, one more than our current total. Luton can still reach 86. The only slight worry for me is that Boro will have given up the ghost by the time they play Luton, given that there is little advantage between finishing 3rd and 4th.

Go on then. When is it?

Are you assuming we won't even get a kick of the ball on Saturday??!?

Actually, that is a possibility...

Boro can only reach 83 points, one more than our current total. Luton can still reach 86. The only slight worry for me is that Boro will have given up the ghost by the time they play Luton, given that there is little advantage between finishing 3rd and 4th.
Well, Middlesbrough will want to avoid finishing fifth , that’s for sure.
Unfortunately, Millwall mucked up tonight to give Middlesbrough some breathing room

I still think Middlesbrough will go for it next Monday

Sorry, but In my comic it cannot be over till we have that game where Billy Sharp scores the wining and record braking goal that finely puts us beyond reach.... :tumbleweed:

Anything before Preston would do me nicely. Simply because I'm not able to make that game and I'll be rather bitter if we do it whilst I'm not there 😂

V WBA but likely Preston surely.

2 tough fixtures but if we get behind them we can easy get the 1 win I think we need

Boro aren't a factor now, aside from being able to hold up Luton. Luton dropping points tomorrow would make it interesting Monday.
Mathematically Boro still are a factor
WBA pushing into play offs Preston 1 point off play offs two hard games at home

I think Boro will win v Hull and win at Luton.

Luton will win tomorrow also.

Would leave it:

2nd SUFC 82
3rd Boro 77 (but will be better GD by maybe 3 or 4 but we have to games in hand)
4th Luton 77

We then have our two games in hand of course. It would still mean us winning once more to be absolutely certain

I still weirdly think Boro will run off 4 wins (I hope I am wrong) and get to 83 so we will need one more win or two more draws.

Mathematically Boro still are a factor
WBA pushing into play offs Preston 1 point off play offs two hard games at home

Yeah they are only really a factor if we try an all time meltdown and they win every game. Think it's safe to count them out now.

I think Boro will win v Hull and win at Luton.

Luton will win tomorrow also.

Would leave it:

2nd SUFC 82
3rd Boro 77 (but will be better GD by maybe 3 or 4 but we have to games in hand)
4th Luton 77

We then have our two games in hand of course. It would still mean us winning once more to be absolutely certain

I still weirdly think Boro will run off 4 wins (I hope I am wrong) and get to 83 so we will need one more win or two more draws.
I bet you wear factor 50 and a raincoat every day

Anything before Preston would do me nicely. Simply because I'm not able to make that game and I'll be rather bitter if we do it whilst I'm not there 😂
Same with me !!

Boro can only achieve 83.
Luton can only achieve 84.

But this is an impossibility as they play each other. A draw on Monday would put Luton on 76, Boro on 75. Boro are therefore, with that result, out of it. Luton would be 6 behind with 6 to play for.

It's done in my opinion. They've run out of games.

The fat lady is clearing her throat but she's still sat down.

Boro can only achieve 83.
Luton can only achieve 84.

But this is an impossibility as they play each other. A draw on Monday would put Luton on 76, Boro on 75. Boro are therefore, with that result, out of it. Luton would be 6 behind with 6 to play for.

It's done in my opinion. They've run out of games.

The fat lady is clearing her throat but she's still sat down.

Having watched both games side by side tonight, there's only one winner on Monday, and that's Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom