Overcharging?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lampiao

Old Git
Reaction score
I am in the automatic cup tie ticket scheme - so for all home cup matches United take the money out of my account for the ticket and activate my season ticket.

So apparently the kop tickets for the Spurs game are £20 (mine might be cheaper as I am a senior), however United seem to have taken £35 out of my bank account.

Have tried to contact the club today - so far have got nowhere.

Anyone else had similar problem?

I am in the automatic cup tie ticket scheme - so for all home cup matches United take the money out of my account for the ticket and activate my season ticket.

So apparently the kop tickets for the Spurs game are £20 (mine might be cheaper as I am a senior), however United seem to have taken £35 out of my bank account.

I seem to remember silverfox said they'd contacted him to say they'd overcharged him for a previous round?

Just checked my statement they charged me £35 as well. I'll be paying them a visit.

They did have a problem where they charged a £20.00 booking fee for the ticket.

If you ring them or call in the ticket office they will put it back on your account.

Same experience, charged £20 too much for 2 tickets (£40 in total). Best of it is when you call and arrange a refund you are told it can take 4to7 working days for it to be processed. Bloody magic, it dosnt take that long when you pay.
Still all this interest will help fund a new fax machine ready for the end of the month game changing buys.

So if they knew it was happening - why are they waiting for us to contact them? Are they hoping that many of us will not notice. Pity they didn't sent out an e-mail - or mention it in local newspaper - didn't see anything in Preston programme.

Same experience, charged £20 too much for 2 tickets (£40 in total). Best of it is when you call and arrange a refund you are told it can take 4to7 working days for it to be processed. Bloody magic, it dosnt take that long when you pay.
Still all this interest will help fund a new fax machine ready for the end of the month game changing buys.

Not true... When you make a payment, SUFC would get an authorisation code which is a promise of funds, they won't actually get the funds in their account for another 2/3 days, same in reverse, club will process the refund, give you an authorisation code but you won't get the funds for a few days. Just the way the banking system works :(

Maybe we need more than 80k for one of our transfer targets?

Do it by phone and you'll likely spend more than you're trying to claim back ... :(
Did it this morning, three minute wait. Apology would have been nice though.

All transfers cancelled now as they have got nothing in the pot after giving me my twenty quid back.

Don't even get me started...

My dad had a call in December, sometime around Christmas, to say that this mistake had happened and they needed to confirm his details to refund. Two or three of his mates had this call also. Mistakes happen - all sorted.

Today - 21st January, I have emailed them and asked them to call me back (rather than paying premium rate numbers) and ask why I've had to contact them. It should not take a month for me to have to contact them. I was told that they have a huge list to work through and due to other tasks they've not been able to contact everyone just yet, but they've actioned everyone who has contacted them immediately.

Something stinks here - it does NOT take a month to contact everyone on the cup tie scheme who has had a £20 booking fee charged, considering they said it wasn't everyone on the scheme. Even if it was everyone, and it was 20K of us, how long does it take to email everyone, phone those with no email, put a statement on the website/Twitter/matchday programme.

This is the second time it has happened in the last year too.

This is the second time it has happened in the last year too.

At least this time they haven't emailed those of us in the scheme with everyone's contact details :)

I managed to get through this morning - took them 30 seconds to "refund me", got the same excuse as everyone else - a huge list to work thru!. Girl on phone sounded a little irate when I said that it would have been nice to have been contacted as they have my mobile and e-mail addy (I asked her to confirm they had correct ones).
All in all a bit of a PR disaster!

The likelihood of them trying to contact everyone else who is still awaiting a refund, or at least trying to alert these people (matchday programme, stadium announcement, email, Twitter etc)? Probably about 0%. Disgusting management.

Back
Top Bottom