Our Tony.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ZLB

Reaction score
Not seen Utd 1 Leeds 4 in 1978-79 shown before.

Had a drink in London Road after. No trouble. Nice beer.

Cliff Calvert scored. Was it his only Blades goal Silent Blade ?

Love the TC bits. Hate the Leeds bits.

Scored in the 6-1 win at Cardiff and in the 2-1 home win against Burnley, both in 1977-78 season

Reactions: ZLB

Why did Nicky Johns play awful for us but decent for Millwall and Charlton?

Why did Nicky Johns play awful for us but decent for Millwall and Charlton?
With a name reflecting a North American latrine believe he would fit in better fit at those clubs. ;)

I think the game when United lost 4-1 to Leeds was when Calvert nutmegged Currie and then waved to the crowd imitating TC!

Was in the John street stand that night as a 7 year old with my dad. No idea why we went in there, looking back he probably felt I was safer. Remember the police and the leeds fans having a tug of war with one bloke who they were trying to drag out

I was working in Pembrokeshire when we played Leeds in that league cup match.

I'd missed the previous round match when we beat Liverpool but was determined to get back for the Leeds one mainly to see TC back at the Lane.

I didn't have a car in those days and with limited time off had to travel during the night on the train.

I wanted to beat Leeds and TC to get a brilliant reception from the Kop. I was disappointed on both fronts.

The end of that season saw us get relegated and I remember a guy returning home to Pembrokeshire who'd been at University of Sheffield. He'd become a Blades follower and he told me all about it kicking off at the end of the Leicester match. I was hanging on to his every word.

Even though we were relegated when you can't get to matches you don't half miss the Blades.

One final point. I can't understand this Woodward was better than Currie (and vice versa) argument. We were truly lucky to have had them both.

I was on the Terrace that night, absolutely packed , 41,000 rings a bell? Nicky Johns looked like he'd won a raffle to get a shirt.

The Kop sang ' Currie is a fat twat 'which made him pull his shirt up and pat his fairly svelte belly.

very hostile that before during and after game can remember the kop singing f**k off currie and he just couldnt believe it

Back
Top Bottom