Our Nigel.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SandyMcBlade

Bennyandtheblades
Reaction score
On reading the complaints that the Derby fans had to say about Nigel Clough and how his Derby team have performed since he left I'm beginning to wonder if getting the sack from there was just the kick up the back side Nigel needed..
His appointment is certainly just what we needed. no argument there but reading between the lines of what was happening at Derby I'm wondering if maybe he'd gotten himself into a rut and needed that new challenge as much as we needed some one like him.
Maybe the success he's beginning to get here is doing as much for him and his confidence as it is for us and the players.
This could well be the beginning of some thing big for everybody concerned... .

UTB

Last edited:
Derby fans forget he took over a club 40 million in debt and had to wheel and deal his entiure tenure , his hard work finally getting them up to challenging for the play offs on peanuts and they give the fruits of his labours to Steve McClaren , , had he ever been given money instead of having players continually sold from under him hed still be there

It's NC experiences at Derby that makes me believe that the Prince will come up with the cash when he's asked for it.

'Once bitten twice shy'.

I don't think Nige will have joined us if he was of the opinion that he wasn't going to get the support from the board that he was obviously denied at Pride Park. The guy has so many strong principles.

Back
Top Bottom