One thing for certain

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We will all be back next season 👍

In terms of fans - will we?

They are not going to let full houses be allowed till they have built things up slowly and see what happens - the tiny percentages allowed at events now and May means to jump to 20-30,000 is not going to happen you would not think.

I'd be delighted to see half the games next season and not sure away support will be allowed for all of next season to limit travel/mixing etc which is most annoying as desperate for a good away day.

Whether I agree with that I am not sure - lets say there is increase in transmission from large crowds then what - we would be accepting we would never have full crowds or capacities ever again in essence?

It's hard just not knowing - what do clubs do - in terms of season tickets/selling tickets - they cannot even plan how many they sell - if it is 20-30% to begin with then the Lane will only be 10,000 full at most and then less than half the fans who had season tickets would be able to get them so they may say everyone who had one in 19-20 can buy one but will only see half the games. I think most clubs may end up selling tickets match by match or blocks of matches as the Govt monitors things. Not sure the days of us actually all buying season tickets for a whole season of games to attend are going to be close sadly.

All uncertain and still a bit of a mess.

They may not even find out till after the Euros and test events what they can do. As I say I think the Govt will still be conservative with large events. Not sure I agree as everyone will be vaccinated so again even if they are testing it - say there is an increase in transmission then what? If they have jabbed everyone up twice by August/Sept then I cannot see what else is going to change - it will either be get on with things (football, concerts as before and accept there may be spike after some big events but hopefully not leading to serious illness/death) or the Govt and organisations will have to accept full sporting stadia will not happen ever again and make a conscious decision to just limit capacities for the short and medium term.

Just hope that whatever testing they do that we may get to a stage in say a year where crowds are near to full but be a big jump to go to that in 3/4 months sadly.

In terms of fans - will we?

They are not going to let full houses be allowed till they have built things up slowly and see what happens - the tiny percentages allowed at events now and May means to jump to 20-30,000 is not going to happen you would not think.

I'd be delighted to see half the games next season and not sure away support will be allowed for all of next season to limit travel/mixing etc which is most annoying as desperate for a good away day.

Whether I agree with that I am not sure - lets say there is increase in transmission from large crowds then what - we would be accepting we would never have full crowds or capacities ever again in essence?

It's hard just not knowing - what do clubs do - in terms of season tickets/selling tickets - they cannot even plan how many they sell - if it is 20-30% to begin with then the Lane will only be 10,000 full at most and then less than half the fans who had season tickets would be able to get them so they may say everyone who had one in 19-20 can buy one but will only see half the games. I think most clubs may end up selling tickets match by match or blocks of matches as the Govt monitors things. Not sure the days of us actually all buying season tickets for a whole season of games to attend are going to be close sadly.

All uncertain and still a bit of a mess.

They may not even find out till after the Euros and test events what they can do. As I say I think the Govt will still be conservative with large events. Not sure I agree as everyone will be vaccinated so again even if they are testing it - say there is an increase in transmission then what? If they have jabbed everyone up twice by August/Sept then I cannot see what else is going to change - it will either be get on with things (football, concerts as before and accept there may be spike after some big events but hopefully not leading to serious illness/death) or the Govt and organisations will have to accept full sporting stadia will not happen ever again and make a conscious decision to just limit capacities for the short and medium term.

Just hope that whatever testing they do that we may get to a stage in say a year where crowds are near to full but be a big jump to go to that in 3/4 months sadly.
Australia have got fans back in as have places in the US and Asia. We'll be at capacity next season at some point

Australia have got fans back in as have places in the US and Asia. We'll be at capacity next season at some point
Hope you are right. US similar numbers etc to us and in similar position with vaccination only got small numbers at NBA and MLB games I have seen.

Fans will be back but not sure we will be at capacity till maybe after the winter months. Hopefully this time next year we are going back up and 23,000 ST been sold for our Premier return...then Aug 2022 heading to an away game at Newcastle opening day!

I honestly think 5% - 10% of football fans won't be back.

It would have been better to cancel football altogether while there was a lockdown, because the quality has been dogshite and over the last year and a bit people have maybe had a re-set in terms of their priorities and what they want to do with their lives.

I'll still be winging my way over from Scandiland a dozen times a season but I get the feeling those on the fringes without that deep-seated historical love for watching their teams will drift away.

Vaccine was meant to ensure the return to normal ie holidays or going to large events, I've not heard anything to say this will happen.

Back
Top Bottom