One sided matches

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I watched the Blades reserves a lot at the Lane in 1978.
One fine day it ended United 2 Nottingham Forest 10.

A friend of mine (1909 -1989) who played chess for my club told me he saw us beat Cardiff 11-2 in 1926. After we scored the 10th goal, spectators threw their caps in the air and then seconds later they had to find where their caps had landed!

We beat Burnley 10-0 in 1929

My Grandad said when he was younger you often came home with someone elses Cap on.

I once played Chess against a master. He hammered me in 10 moves, though he was blindfolded at the time.

Most of last season’s games, though Leicester away when we lost 5-0 stands out. For the last 30 mins it felt like they were going to score every time they got the ball.

Course, there were also the one-sided defeats. Lost 6-0 at Ayresome Park in about 1988 just as Boro were coming out of administration. One of Pallister's first games. We really got lucky in managing to score as many as 0 in that game. And the 6-0 defeat at Arsenal in the League Cup about 2009, when they played all their youth team....

Course, there were also the one-sided defeats. Lost 6-0 at Ayresome Park in about 1988 just as Boro were coming out of administration. One of Pallister's first games. We really got lucky in managing to score as many as 0 in that game. And the 6-0 defeat at Arsenal in the League Cup about 2009, when they played all their youth team....

We got a few wallopings around that time, think Leeds put 5 past us as well and Piggy Pearson scored a hat trick.

Back
Top Bottom