One of our own ( And always will be)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah getting shut of a manager that has lost 25 of 31 games in the top flight, is much much worse than being relegated to division
He was the only one who could get those performances from bargain players. Those managers only come along so often.
I know someone on the back room team and he says Chris drags everyone along with power of personality and wisdom.
Without him, in my opinion these players could not have produced what they did without him.
Top manager, top bloke.
👏👏

This notion that other clubs have got all these things that we haven’t got amuses me. Scouting networks and a management structure are things that I’m sure the Blades have. Wasn’t Van Winckel doing it an advisory role on this ‘football board’ and then we’ve got Carl Schrieber on recruitment?

We won’t be operating a different operating model to other clubs, it will just be that we have cheaper people in those positions and Wilder tends to be the media facing person. Maybe if they’d made a documentary about us on Amazon or Netflix people might be satisfied.
I'm just responding to the idea that a director of football is some sort of weird or unreasonable demand that no other manager would tolerate. It's clearly nonsense.

Thanks Trev for your input, imploding is a bit much though.

Having players than can concentrate for 90 minutes and seem to want to be here is more important, and we don't really have that through the squad at the moment.

Honestly think it would've been miraculous if Wilder got close to emulating Farke next season in being run away Championship leaders.

I think unless we get an absolutely catastrophic manager in and lose every asset, we're going to get about the same as if Wilder stayed.
No chance

I'm just responding to the idea that a director of football is some sort of weird or unreasonable demand that no other manager would tolerate. It's clearly nonsense.
It’s obviously something that Wilder wasn’t expecting, the way I’ve read the situation is that they want someone to keep an eye on him, that would piss me off.

Everyone seems to think this is happening lightly. For the club to sack Chris, his headline salary sees him trousering £7m. Now I know there'll be relegation clauses and all the rest but I don't see the club moving Chris on unless they REALLY wanted to or needed to because of what Chris is demanding for next season. Maybe Chris knows he has good stock in the game and will find a job tomorrow if necessary, so gave it the big 'un with the Board who said, actually Chris, no.

For the club to have to part with a huge fee to move Chris on, there has to be a fundamental straw that broke the camel's back. Maybe Chris thought he was indispensible, balls-ed it out and they called his bluff?

I don't know, it's a shit-show and needs sorting either way.

It’s obviously something that Wilder wasn’t expecting, the way I’ve read the situation is that they want someone to keep an eye on him, that would piss me off.
Both sides have made a total bollocks of the whole thing.

Wilder expected to be backed with more money last summer, which is fair enough considering the miracles he worked. But the Prince doesn't have the money and had to buy back the assets, so what can he do? Wilder then publicly pushed the board to sign Brewster--again, fair enough because we clearly needed the firepower--but hardly plays him and now says he's not ready. I can see why the owner would think some assistance was needed in terms of recruitment.

Grown men should be able to make it work but we are where we are.

Thanks Trev for your input, imploding is a bit much though.

Having players than can concentrate for 90 minutes and seem to want to be here is more important, and we don't really have that through the squad at the moment.

Honestly think it would've been miraculous if Wilder got close to emulating Farke next season in being run away Championship leaders.

I think unless we get an absolutely catastrophic manager in and lose every asset, we're going to get about the same as if Wilder stayed.
Wilder leaving makes it easier for want away players to head for the door. Some had a relationship with, and loyalty to, Wilder. That has gone and you’ll find it’s open season for the likes of Egan and O’Connell who might decide now is time to seek to move on.

Wilder leaving makes it easier for want away players to head for the door. Some had a relationship with, and loyalty to, Wilder. That has gone and you’ll find it’s open season for the likes of Egan and O’Connell who might decide now is time to seek to move on.

Think they're no more likely to leave than they were tbh

Egan in particular is late 20's he'll want to be off while his stock is somewhat high I think. Can see Leicester going for him.

O'Connell too, the only thing in our favour is he's crocked, if he's fit I'd 100% expect him to be off.

Berge is the one who would go because of Wilder I think, but he's probably been asking his agent to get him a new club anyway, he was playing in the Champions League a season ago.

It varies a lot between clubs, I think. But (without googling all nineteen) I would guess every Premier League club has someone working as an intermediary between the manager/head coach and the board and helping out with aspects of recruitment, club philosophy, staffing, and so on. Because managing a top flight club is just too big a job for one person.
You mean like Bettis?

Mr Chris Wilder Thankyou for everything you have done for our club Today 13/3/21 is the worst day ever in Sheffield United football club’s history . I’ve supported sufc from the day i was born 17/04/79 in that time I’ve grow up watching us play second fiddle to the shower of shit at s6 Yes there was the odd time the tables turned but not enough I’ve been to every single game home and away since 1988. The ride you have taken us on since you arrived has been nothing more than dreamland stuff I hope you go on to another club and show the idiots running our club what a catastrophe mistake they have made.
Today is not even in the top ten of the worst days in our history.

Ups and down since supporting blades from 1970 - never seen a manager who could get these performances from the team. Taking this year is naïve in the extreme - those of you who are accepting this clearly have no recollection of the pre wilder years. Shout me down please but not many of you will have lived through the last 50 years and quite simply Chris Wilder - I salute you. I wish you luck at Celtic and please come back and take us forward after the next manager has ****** (messed) up. Prince, if you have any love for the club, stop this move to Celtic.

Reactions: cc1

Back
Top Bottom