One of our own ( And always will be)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gyp the blade

Reaction score
Mr Chris Wilder Thankyou for everything you have done for our club Today 13/3/21 is the worst day ever in Sheffield United football club’s history . I’ve supported sufc from the day i was born 17/04/79 in that time I’ve grow up watching us play second fiddle to the shower of shit at s6 Yes there was the odd time the tables turned but not enough I’ve been to every single game home and away since 1988. The ride you have taken us on since you arrived has been nothing more than dreamland stuff I hope you go on to another club and show the idiots running our club what a catastrophe mistake they have made.

Mr Chris Wilder Thankyou for everything you have done for our club Today 13/3/21 is the worst day ever in Sheffield United football club’s history . I’ve supported sufc from the day i was born 17/04/79 in that time I’ve grow up watching us play second fiddle to the shower of shit at s6 Yes there was the odd time the tables turned but not enough I’ve been to every single game home and away since 1988. The ride you have taken us on since you arrived has been nothing more than dreamland stuff I hope you go on to another club and show the idiots running our club what a catastrophe mistake they have made.
Yeah getting shut of a manager that has lost 25 of 31 games in the top flight, is much much worse than being relegated to division 4

The only thing that could persuade me this is right is if it comes out that Wilder has been tapped up by another club , bar that it’s idiotic

The only thing that could persuade me this is right is if it comes out that Wilder has been tapped up by another club , bar that it’s idiotic
Idiotic this man loves sufc as much all he wants is to manage the club sign players he wants and not be a yes man

That would make me even more angry.
Considering he's not going to the top ten Premier League clubs

And considering he's not getting tapped up by a Championship/League One club

The only ones left are fellow shit Premier League clubs.

What does that say about us

Idiotic this man loves sufc as much all he wants is to manage the club sign players he wants and not be a yes man
It's not even about being a yes man. The prince wants a DOF, and can you blame him really? Sad to see wilder go honestly. The saddest part for me is losing wilder from last year potentially.. wilder this year (if it was any other manager) would've been gone weeks ago.

It's not even about being a yes man. The prince wants a DOF, and can you blame him really? Sad to see wilder go honestly. The saddest part for me is losing wilder from last year potentially.. wilder this year (if it was any other manager) would've been gone weeks ago.
All the top clubs have a DoF instead of just a decent manager don’t they?! Man City - no, Liverpool - no, Spurs - no, Man Utd - no. I can see why our fans are so insistent now.

All the top clubs have a DoF instead of just a decent manager don’t they?! Man City - no, Liverpool - no, Spurs - no, Man Utd - no. I can see why our fans are so insistent now.
But let's be honest, we're never ever ever going to be in that position without serious investment. Something that the current prince can't provide, not slagging the prince off, he's been bang on from taking sole control.

But let's be honest, we're never ever ever going to be in that position without serious investment. Something that the current prince can't provide, not slagging the prince off, he's been bang on from taking sole control.
You’re just slagging the bloke off who’s taken a team of league 1 players and got them to 9th in the PL instead.

Beggars belief.

You’re just slagging the bloke off who’s taken a team of league 1 players and got them to 9th in the PL instead.

Beggars belief.
Not really? Simply saying the guy needs help. He can't manage every aspect of it, we massively overspent on the players we've purchased this season.

Not really? Simply saying the guy needs help. He can't manage every aspect of it, we massively overspent on the players we've purchased this season.
The club probably needs a recruitment expert to help Wilder. A Director of Football is just a role that would piss most managers off.

The club probably needs a recruitment expert to help Wilder. A Director of Football is just a role that would piss most managers off.
Which a DOF could do. I do see where you're coming from though. However if used right, and say.. wilder got to pick the dof as a compromise I feel it'd work. Just takes the weight off wilder regards recruitment, he still has the final say. Allows wilder to focus more of the playing aspect.

Sadly for you it looks like your club is imploding. Stability is important when you get relegated, you’ve opted to throw it away.

Which a DOF could do. I do see where you're coming from though. However if used right, and say.. wilder got to pick the dof as a compromise I feel it'd work. Just takes the weight off wilder regards recruitment, he still has the final say. Allows wilder to focus more of the playing aspect.
If you’re in a senior position at work in an ego centric industry like football and they say they want to bring someone in to watch what you’re doing with the company money it’s a kick in the bollocks and I’d probably react the same.

I thought DoF’s had been tried and failed in England 15 years ago. I can’t remember the last time I heard of one.

He was the only one who could get those performances from bargain players. Those managers only come along so often.
I know someone on the back room team and he says Chris drags everyone along with power of personality and wisdom.
Without him, in my opinion these players could not have produced what they did without him.
Top manager, top bloke.

If you’re in a senior position at work in an ego centric industry like football and they say they want to bring someone in to watch what you’re doing with the company money it’s a kick in the bollocks and I’d probably react the same.

I thought DoF’s had been tried and failed in England 15 years ago. I can’t remember the last time I heard of one.
Just had a Google.. https://www.90min.com/posts/6272660-profiling-all-15-directors-of-football-in-the-premier-league

Turns out quite a few prem teams have them. (city, Leicester and everton, Tottenham to name a few) wouldn't have thought there was that many myself, however it shows if done right it has potential to work.

Man City - Txiki Begiristain
Liverpool - Michael Edwards
Spurs - Levy has changed structures more times than he changes his underwear but they have a "football board" over the manager
Man Utd - recently appointed John Murtough with Darren Fletcher as technical director

Sadly for you it looks like your club is imploding. Stability is important when you get relegated, you’ve opted to throw it away.

Thanks Trev for your input, imploding is a bit much though.

Having players than can concentrate for 90 minutes and seem to want to be here is more important, and we don't really have that through the squad at the moment.

Honestly think it would've been miraculous if Wilder got close to emulating Farke next season in being run away Championship leaders.

I think unless we get an absolutely catastrophic manager in and lose every asset, we're going to get about the same as if Wilder stayed.

Just had a Google.. https://www.90min.com/posts/6272660-profiling-all-15-directors-of-football-in-the-premier-league

Turns out quite a few prem teams have them. (city, Leicester and everton, Tottenham to name a few) wouldn't have thought there was that many myself, however it shows if done right it has potential to work.
They’re all just recruitment people, not the DoF role of old. Like I said, he needs recruitment help, not someone watching over him. I can’t imagine Pep, Klopp or Dyche have anyone sat over them keeping an eye on what they do. That’s a DoF.

Man City - Txiki Begiristain
Liverpool - Michael Edwards
Spurs - Levy has changed structures more times than he changes his underwear but they have a "football board" over the manager
Man Utd - recently appointed John Murtough with Darren Fletcher as technical director
See #23. They’re recruitment people.

That's what a Director of Football is.
In your opinion. To me it’s someone who does everything other than coach the team. Basically an administration role without the coaching and media focus.

In your opinion. To me it’s someone who does everything other than coach the team. Basically an administration role without the coaching and media focus.
So for all we know, the prince wants to bring someone of equal standing. Just someone to help recruitment wise.

It varies a lot between clubs, I think. But (without googling all nineteen) I would guess every Premier League club has someone working as an intermediary between the manager/head coach and the board and helping out with aspects of recruitment, club philosophy, staffing, and so on. Because managing a top flight club is just too big a job for one person.

It varies a lot between clubs, I think. But (without googling all nineteen) I would guess every Premier League club has someone working as an intermediary between the manager/head coach and the board and helping out with aspects of recruitment, club philosophy, staffing, and so on. Because managing a top flight club is just too big a job for one person.
This notion that other clubs have got all these things that we haven’t got amuses me. Scouting networks and a management structure are things that I’m sure the Blades have. Wasn’t Van Winckel doing it an advisory role on this ‘football board’ and then we’ve got Carl Schrieber on recruitment?

We won’t be operating a different operating model to other clubs, it will just be that we have cheaper people in those positions and Wilder tends to be the media facing person. Maybe if they’d made a documentary about us on Amazon or Netflix people might be satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom