Olsen doubtful,Mcburnie isolating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's had a poor season and whilst he's managed to keep a lower profile I'm not remotely surprised he's ended up in this situation.

I'm just not so sure he's taking it that seriously. Financially he's probably made for life already as daft as that sounds.

Apart from one assist he's shown very little and it just feels to me biding his time to join Rangers on a free at the end of his contract suits him to a tee.

Whilst you can argue you've got to be prepared to spend big money to compete, I really wish Chris hadn't. It just feels a lot of his big deals could have been satisfied with spending far less than these humongous fees.

Ramsdale was an indulgent spend. We may have made money but at the time that was cash gone and a loan, someone like Romero, who Henderson was replacing would have been more than adequate.

Wilder also had a bad habit of buying a player and trying to turn him into something else.

Berge has had injury problems but his arrival had a detrimental impact on the team and at no point was he previously a box to box midfielder. It's like when Blackwell signed Leon Britton and said "we haven't had a midfielder like him since Michael Brown", eh? If replacing Lundstram or Duffy was the aim then affording more time to Freeman in his actual role (another misuse of funds) or going for Jed Wallace would have been more frugal. Amazed if under the circumstances of the past 2 years Millwall could afford to knock back 8-10m bids.

The forward spend is well documented but we didn't get any smart frees in this area, no clever overseas loans, nothing really. What we did do was spend 17-20m on McBurnie and gradually try to turn him into a Premier League Jon Parkin. If the aim was to have a physical shithouse then we already had Madine around who would have been available at a fraction of the price.

We also tried to make Callum Robinson something he wasn't. In binning Duffy, Wilder had an ideal option for a 3-4-3 with him on the left but we pretty much wasted him by trying to make an out and out centre forward out of him. We could have maybe not attempted to jettison the guy who got us promoted with 24 goals so readily (Sharp) if the plan was to play with a duo up front.

Mousset I can just about accept as the attributes are all there. He would have looked like someone who just needed to be given a chance to be the main guy.

Even Burke, for all his failings, a winger we tried to convert to a centre forward.

If the intention was to get a shithouse target man, and a couple of nimble centre forwards, I'm not sure how the hell we ended up with McBurnie, Robinson and Burke!

I must admit I find it therapeutic laying this out because it's so hard to reconcile the vast sums of money we pissed up the wall to completely unsatisfactorily address the apparent needs which were being identified, whilst leaving the most important ones of replacing O'Connell (Jake Cooper anyone?) and improving the infrastructure of the club until after the entire budget had been spent.

Last edited:
He's had a poor season and whilst he's managed to keep a lower profile I'm not remotely surprised he's ended up in this situation.

I'm just not so sure he's taking it that seriously. Financially he's probably made for life already as daft as that sounds.

Apart from one assist he's shown very little and it just feels to me biding his time to join Rangers on a free at the end of his contract suits him to a tee.

Whilst you can argue you've got to be prepared to spend big money to compete, I really wish Chris hadn't. It just feels a lot of his big deals could have been satisfied with spending far less than these humongous fees.

Ramsdale was an indulgent spend. We may have made money but at the time that was cash gone and a loan, someone like Romero, who Henderson was replacing would have been more than adequate.

Wilder also had a bad habit of buying a player and trying to turn him into something else.

Berge has had injury problems but his arrival had a detrimental impact on the team and at no point was he previously a box to box midfielder. It's like when Blackwell signed Leon Britton and said "we haven't had a midfielder like him since Michael Brown", eh? If replacing Lundstram or Duffy was the aim then affording more time to Freeman in his actual role (another misuse of funds) or going for Jed Wallace would have been more frugal. Amazed if under the circumstances of the past 2 years Millwall could afford to knock back 8-10m bids.

The forward spend is well documented but we didn't get any smart frees in this area, no clever overseas loans, nothing really. What we did do was spend 17-20m on McBurnie and gradually try to turn him into a Premier League Jon Parkin. If the aim was to have a physical shithouse then we already had Madine around who would have been available at a fraction of the price.

We also tried to make Callum Robinson something he wasn't. In binning Duffy, Wilder had an ideal option for a 3-4-3 with him on the left but we pretty much wasted him by trying to make an out and out centre forward out of him. We could have maybe not attempted to jettison the guy who got us promoted with 24 goals so readily (Sharp) if the plan was to play with a duo up front.

Mousset I can just about accept as the attributes are all there. He would have looked like someone who just needed to be given a chance to be the main guy.

Even Burke, for all his failings, a winger we tried to convert to a centre forward.

If the intention was to get a shithouse target man, and a couple of nimble centre forwards, I'm not sure how the hell we ended up with McBurnie, Robinson and Burke!

I must admit I find it therapeutic laying this out because it's so hard to reconcile the vast sums of money we pissed up the wall to completely unsatisfactorily address the apparent needs which were being identified, whilst leaving the most important ones of replacing O'Connell (Jake Cooper anyone?) and improving the infrastructure of the club until after the entire budget had been spent.
Bravo. 👏🏻

This is all so depressingly accurate!

Madine and Callum Robinson along with Moose wouldve been an adequate strike force in my opinion.

Then the very platform that our success was built on ie the defensive solidity, could have been addressed with a quality £10-15M central defender.

I noticed Robinson hasn't scored a league goal since his tap in vs us in mid-August. I'm not sure he would have done much for us if he was still here.

To be fair to mcburnie he did ok in his first season with us. It seems to me that he thinks he is better than he is and has stopped trying.. He needs to be 100% effort and fitness every game or he's useless because he has very little talent, I've seen under tens strike a ball much more cleanly than him

It's clear that neither him or brewster really want to play for us you can tell they couldn't give a toss when we lose

Drink driving, fighting in the street, now Covid.
All this wouldn't be so bad if he were doing the business on the pitch. But he's not.

What a load of utter nonsense

What exactly can mcburnie do whilst he’s sat on the bench ? Then when he does play played out of position

Drink driving, fighting in the street, now Covid.
All this wouldn't be so bad if he were doing the business on the pitch. But he's not.

he doesn’t have covid does he? Would seem he’s self isolating due to being in contact with somehow who has tested positive this would suggest he’s not had his jabs

I noticed Robinson hasn't scored a league goal since his tap in vs us in mid-August. I'm not sure he would have done much for us if he was still here.
He's been playing bits and pieces but still has been getting assists. They've not exactly been scoring freely and those assists got them 9 points. We now actually play in a formation and way which would suit him. Think he'd be a regular starter for us under Slav.

he doesn’t have covid does he? Would seem he’s self isolating due to being in contact with somehow who has tested positive this would suggest he’s not had his jabs
Aye, it's not like you can still catch Covid if you're fully jabbed or owt.

c01.jpg

Whilst he’s not been great this year we don’t know how he’s contracted covid there’s nothing pointing towards it being due to him doing anything he shouldn’t have been could just as easily be from going to the shops as anything else. I know he’s no saint but but this seems like a mountain being made out of a mole hill.

Mcburnie will be absolutely no loss at all, apart from didzy will have to talk to someone else on the bench.

Get him gone in January, he doesn't care about united and I think the vast majority have given up caring about him.

Aye, it's not like you can still catch Covid if you're fully jabbed or owt.

c01.jpg

But they haven't said he's caught COVID, he's merely isolating because he's been in contact with someone who has it, which he probably wouldn't need to do if he'd had his jabs.

Unless something has been lost in translation, of course.

Back
Top Bottom