Oli McBurnie should be in this team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well, anyone on a Covid thread on here, obvs, and 90% of anyone else on the internet, anywhere, forever.

My main question to you, given the blizzard of angry faces you’re uncharacteristically doling out, is ‘Just how bad is your hangover?’, and ‘Do you need someone to bike you round some skins?’.

😊
Just doing my part to get Barney’s thread to a simmer a little quicker. But now you mention it, if you want to hop on your BMX and bring me some Rizla I’ll give you first off.

Widler knows a thing or two about football (see Boro’s Renaissance), here’s what he said…

Look, I love what Wilder did in his time here, and the way he did it but I wouldn't call signing someone based on asking your centre halves 'who was the toughest centre forward you played against' as due diligence.

Nah don't misquote me, I said it would make for plenty discussion between posters given that many criticise McBurnie even when he's a substitute.
Comments in Shoutbox are there for all to see, up to people how they see things, wind up or not

Comments in Shoutbox are there for all to see, up to people how they see things, wind up or not
Yeah i dont think you read all the shoutbox posts tbh because if you did you wouldn't have posted the original comment. Anyway, agree to disagree and that

Yeah i dont think you read all the shoutbox posts tbh because if you did you wouldn't have posted the original comment. Anyway, agree to disagree and that
If its not a wind up, what has McB done since he got here, to warrant a starting place against Boro? Citing his scoring record in the Championship for Swansea is as relevant as arguing Brewster should start, that Billy and Mcgoldrick should start

I think any of our historically misfiring forwards, given a run in the current set up, in this division will start to find the net and find some form. But we are only playing with one central striker and the objectives are clearly focused on a short term goal...promotion this season. HRH was clear about that. So they can't all get that 'run of games' needed to find that 'form'.

This
Ship
Has
Sailed.

Slav Knew. I understand that so does Hecky 😉.

He was never any good to start with, despite some impressive numbers at Swansea. Certain folks would have been able to see that. Some …….. well !

Hatred is a very strong word. Frustration at watching a player so spectacularly out of his depth try to perform for YOUR team and make a right Rick of it, week in, week out, would be closer to it.

His time could well be coming to an end if some other club can pay a decent fee (around £5m).

Therein could lie the problem !!!

And as such, we could well be stuck with this clown for a while longer yet.

UTB.

Hecky who signed him for Barnsley played him every game and managed him whilst he was at Barnsley for half a season where he won player of the season when he had half a season and the rest had a full one ?

That Hecky yeah ?

McGoldricks a far better footballer than McBurnie and contributes far more to the team.
Goldy is one of the best players we have ever seen in a Blades shirt, McB is right at the other scale, shockingly bad footballer.

Goldy on his day is worth entrance fee on his own, pure joy. McB is little better than a Div 2 striker, dire footballer and painful to watch.

Goldy is part of ‘The Beautiful Game’ McB isn’t.

We have seen nothing at all to warrant anything but dogs abuse.

As regards Chris’s video extolling the virtues of McB - my guess he wouldn’t take him on a free at Boro having seen him close up.

No no don’t play him we just revert to the long ball…he’s shite sell him in January

As bizarre as it sounds I think that's why he has struggled here, neither Barnsley or Swansea lumped it up to him

They played it into his feet, or got it out wide and whipped early crosses in for him

I'm far from his greatest fan, but I think we would see a different player, if we didn't switch to lumping it every time he is on the pitch

What frustrates me about Mcburnie is the fact he is miles away from the starting 11, in my opinion, yet I personally have seen the lad down town boozing and he doesn’t even try and hide his pints on instagram and the like.

I’m not saying don’t enjoy yourself, but I would place a large amount of money that 35 year old Billy Sharp pisses all over Mcburnie in every measurable fitness metric.

Roy Keane once said “Pints cost leagues” and I agree wholeheartedly.

Just a observation on a young lad who obviously has talents from previous form. Should really be pulling trees up at his age.

I’ve not seen anything from McBurnie since he’s been here to suggest he‘s good enough for our 1st team.

Apart from the season we finished 9th in the prem and he played most of the games and scored the joint most goals from our 5 strikers

Other than that though yeah ?

As bizarre as it sounds I think that's why he has struggled here, neither Barnsley or Swansea lumped it up to him

They played it into his feet, or got it out wide and whipped early crosses in for him

I'm far from his greatest fan, but I think we would see a different player, if we didn't switch to lumping it every time he is on the pitch
If only you were right personally I don’t think it would make any difference at all

Anyone who wears footy socks like that deserves no place.

In all seriousness though for me I just haven't seen anything to prove his worth as a first starter every week. As a goal scorer he's been average at best and his attitude is piss poor. Worse yet him (and others) look even worse considering the effect newcomers like MGW and Ndiaye have had on our games this season alone. Even Billy still deserves a position over Mcb if you ask me.

Get rid of him. He's not interested and is just taking the money. I've defended him for a long time on here but he is not too keen on earning his money. He is too keen to take the schilling and piss about with his personal life rather than buckling down and trying to force a career with us.

Some you win, some you lose, and McBurnie is just too immature. He's not for us. Get rid.

Apart from the season we finished 9th in the prem and he played most of the games and scored the joint most goals from our 5 strikers

Other than that though yeah ?
Even McBurnie himself has said he hasn’t performed well enough in one of those vlogs he did sometime ago. He knows he simply has to do better, whether he gets that opportunity only Hecky knows.

He's fucking terrible. Doesn't want to be here, he'd clearly rather be back at Swansea. Terrible striker of the ball, terrible first touch, terrible with the ball at his feet, can't pick a pass to another red and white shirt. Get rid sharpish

This
Ship
Has
Sailed.

Slav Knew. I understand that so does Hecky 😉.

He was never any good to start with, despite some impressive numbers at Swansea. Certain folks would have been able to see that. Some …….. well !

Hatred is a very strong word. Frustration at watching a player so spectacularly out of his depth try to perform for YOUR team and make a right Rick of it, week in, week out, would be closer to it.

His time could well be coming to an end if some other club can pay a decent fee (around £5m).

Therein could lie the problem !!!

And as such, we could well be stuck with this clown for a while longer yet.

UTB.
The problem is not only the fee but the wages ... He'll stay here coz no one else will pay him more.
Like many others we'd like to shift , they are not for shifting coz they're on more here than they're likely to get elsewhere.
When you count the costs of Wilder creating this average squad , you can't just stop at the fees ...
The wages not only drain our revenue , but more importantly make them unshiftable once they fade.

What frustrates me about Mcburnie is the fact he is miles away from the starting 11, in my opinion, yet I personally have seen the lad down town boozing and he doesn’t even try and hide his pints on instagram and the like.

I’m not saying don’t enjoy yourself, but I would place a large amount of money that 35 year old Billy Sharp pisses all over Mcburnie in every measurable fitness metric.

Roy Keane once said “Pints cost leagues” and I agree wholeheartedly.

Just a observation on a young lad who obviously has talents from previous form. Should really be pulling trees up at his age.
McKnob is a thick lout who does fuck all except berate refs when they don't fall for his antics - why on earth would any sane manager want him ?
His loutish personality has brought him 2 brushes with the law since joining us - and his play is ineffective.
Get fucking rid - even supplement his wages to the buying or loaning club if necessary.
Damaging his own shoulder whilst trying to con the ref with a childish dive just about sums up this cretin.

Back
Top Bottom