Oli McBurnie mystery as striker named on Sheffield United bench despite Scotland withdrawal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Chris Wilder is one of the most honest men in football" Steve Clarke.

Take note those who question the integrity of SUFC and its players. We're the original United for a reason not like that lot in Manchester whose players used to pull out of internationals for having a hair out of place, influenced by their Scottish manager.

For all McBurnies seemingly extrovert behaviour and apparent confidence I think there's a young man needing a lot of support and guidance. Steve Clarke obviously recognises it we can only speculate as to what went off at the Scottish training camp. He seems to thrive in an environment where he's comfortable with the " lads" on a regular basis.

I gave up on yesterday's game after the first half but apparently he played well.

"Chris Wilder is one of the most honest men in football" Steve Clarke.

Take note those who question the integrity of SUFC and its players. We're the original United for a reason not like that lot in Manchester whose players used to pull out of internationals for having a hair out of place, influenced by their Scottish manager.

On the other hand, " Clarke revealed he had agreed with Sheffield United manager Billy Wilder "

Great journalism in The Scotsman.

Don't they realise Billy Wilder is dead?

:rolleyes:

Don't see the fuss. Lad wants to get fit, and he's our fucking player. Not like Scotland are going to win anything with or without him.

It's more because it's him and they don't like him. Suprisingly snowflake like considering how they carry on when they go anywhere

Perfectly reasonable approach from all 3 parties but I can see McBurnie sacking off Scotland eventually given the fans attitude towards him is “You’ll play for us and look like you are fucking well enjoying it you shit ginger bastard“.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44851704

McBurnie told BBC Scotland: "Club football is one thing but, especially growing up as a kid, you want to play for your country.
"As a striker, you want to be Scotland's number nine. Luckily enough, I've worn the number nine on two occasions for Scotland and it's probably the proudest moment of my life."

View attachment 90260

"For me it's another cap and I'll never turn that down if I'm fit and able to go," he said.

Critical bit highlighted. He's played 45 minutes of football in 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom