Oldham - where to get a pint...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bradford Blade

Faith, Family, Football...
Reaction score
A while since I've been to Oldham, and a pal tells me that Oldham is pretty poor for a few brews pre and post match.

Anyone more familiar with the place have any recommendations as to where to go, and ( I suppose) where to avoid etc.? Any pointers deeply appreciated!

UTB!

Last time around we went in the Clayton Green, which is a Brewers Fayre just down the road. It was packed with Blades, plastic pint pots and not enough staff. They then decided to limit the number of drinks they would sell us, and would allow us to fetch a full round in one transaction or double up.

John at the Old Grey Mare on Oldham Road (OL2 6AB) welcomes away fans, it's a few minutes walk away and also does "football food", that's probably where I'll end up this year.

A while since I've been to Oldham, and a pal tells me that Oldham is pretty poor for a few brews pre and post match.

Anyone more familiar with the place have any recommendations as to where to go, and ( I suppose) where to avoid etc.? Any pointers deeply appreciated!

UTB!
Avoid Oldham....drink in Manchester. Get the bus from Piccadilly Gardens about 14:00 about 10 min walk to ground after circa 30-35 min bus ride...or if there is a few of you a taxi about a tenner.

We were thinking of getting one of those fancy new fangled powered horseless carriages that are all the rage now BoSS....

Anybody got any idea of the best place to park? I've been told you can park at the ground but it can take ages to get out, any other ideas?

Anybody got any idea of the best place to park? I've been told you can park at the ground but it can take ages to get out, any other ideas?

Never had a problem with on street parking a couple of minutes away.

...John at the Old Grey Mare on Oldham Road (OL2 6AB) welcomes away fans, it's a few minutes walk away and also does "football food", that's probably where I'll end up this year.
Cheers Foxy - saw that on Google Streetview. Will probably use it too. BTW Mr. Denver isn't barking up the right tree 're: 'football food'?

You in the Lion tonight after the game? I'll be popping in before getting off to the B&B...

UTB!

Back
Top Bottom