OK So I F***** up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Standing on the kop on Saturday when a bloke near me talked about how he'd just bought a ticket close by for someone i realised with a combination of disbelief and horror that I'd not renewed my season ticket. i don't remember getting any reminders through the post or on e mail presumably I must have anyway I've missed the deadline and now not only can't I get my ticket in the seat i've sat in for years but i cant get one at all. I go on my own since my sister moved away. I get there has to be a deadline I'm perfectly fine with paying full price for it but to miss out completely would break my heart. If I had to move I will but if i'm going to bramall lane upper tier i'd like it to have been my choice not my only option. My seat is I believe one on its own surrounded by other season ticket holders most of whom have been there for years only a couple are annoying. Just to add some context I've not waited to see where we were going to end up before I bought one, apart from a period when I was a student with a family to support so I worked as a steward and turnstyle operator, I've had one every year since 1980. Now I face an anxious wait my seat will apparently not have been sold yet. Anybody any info on what the club will do i hear they may not sell anymore Kop season tickets. i'm not quite sure what they gain by keeping some for general sale if they can sell them all as season tickets I know some clubs have a waiting list for season tickets but I'm assuming that's cos their grounds are sold out every week. I don't expect (or deserve) sympathy this is my fault but any advice gratefully received

Maybe private message Rooks for help?

I would guess given it was early bird renewals last time then a large majority of last seasons have renewed, how many did we have last year?? you'll be fine renewing in the next round of sales

I would guess given it was early bird renewals last time then a large majority of last seasons have renewed, how many did we have last year?? you'll be fine renewing in the next round of sales
There may not be a next round of sales.

As others have said a record number of season tickets have been sold and the club will have to keep some tickets available for pay on the day customers.

The number I heard was 24,700 which is in the same ball park as many others are suggesting, add that to 3,000 away fans and you have a total of 27,700 leaving less than 4,000 available for future sale.

I do hope that the club will be sympathetic to existing season tickets that have mucked up due to their own incompetence though.

Standing on the kop on Saturday when a bloke near me talked about how he'd just bought a ticket close by for someone i realised with a combination of disbelief and horror that I'd not renewed my season ticket. i don't remember getting any reminders through the post or on e mail presumably I must have anyway I've missed the deadline and now not only can't I get my ticket in the seat i've sat in for years but i cant get one at all. I go on my own since my sister moved away. I get there has to be a deadline I'm perfectly fine with paying full price for it but to miss out completely would break my heart. If I had to move I will but if i'm going to bramall lane upper tier i'd like it to have been my choice not my only option. My seat is I believe one on its own surrounded by other season ticket holders most of whom have been there for years only a couple are annoying. Just to add some context I've not waited to see where we were going to end up before I bought one, apart from a period when I was a student with a family to support so I worked as a steward and turnstyle operator, I've had one every year since 1980. Now I face an anxious wait my seat will apparently not have been sold yet. Anybody any info on what the club will do i hear they may not sell anymore Kop season tickets. i'm not quite sure what they gain by keeping some for general sale if they can sell them all as season tickets I know some clubs have a waiting list for season tickets but I'm assuming that's cos their grounds are sold out every week. I don't expect (or deserve) sympathy this is my fault but any advice gratefully received

Similar situation for me - I'm perfectly happy to pay whatever new full price they come up with, but I definitely want a ticket (and would like to keep last season's seat if possible) - hopefully there's another batch that gives (forgetful) renewing ST holders first option!

i'm not quite sure what they gain by keeping some for general sale if they can sell them all as season tickets I know some clubs have a waiting list for season tickets but I'm assuming that's cos their grounds are sold out every week.

Even clubs with long waiting lists for season tickets still make sure a number of tickets go on general sale. The reason is that a number of pay on the day tickets ensures the support base grows.

Option 1
United could sell 29K season tickets and they would have 29K loyal supporters but the downside is that we would have minimal floaters who will be forced to watch us on tv and they will be out of the habit of attending live matches.

Option 2
United could sell 26K season tickets and keep 3K spare for “general sale fans”.
There are 1000’s of United fans who for one reason or another can only attend maybe 6 games per season.
There are also neutrals, students, and younger new fans who are interested in coming to a few of our games.

So using option 2 we will have the same 26K attending matches and possibly another 25K different people sat in the upper tier over a season. So there will be over 50,000 separate individuals with interest in the Blades watching our matches next season.

This means that if we do expand the capacity we have a ready supply of fans that have at least been attending some matches at BL.

Had a panic when I read your post and double checked that I had renewed mine - thankfully I had so must have been a senior moment .Good luck fella

Back
Top Bottom