Numb...and I don't know, (or care!) what's going to happen next!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
As a lot of you know I was watching Ched's trial every day via twitter and thanks to the brilliant Darren & Pinchy I was one of many who was able to understand exactly what was happening.

The verdict has left me gob-smacked and I really never saw it coming. Ched isn't a rapist, he has found himself in a position that literally hundreds of lads do every friday and saturday night up and down the country. He's been bloody unlucky and maybe if he wasn't a rich footballer on £15K per week, it would never have got this far.

I don't know if I want us to go up automatic any more, part of me wants to leave it to the lottery of the play-offs to see if the squad, minus Ched, can do the business, then maybe we will have some credit and actually deserve it. Another part says that Ched scored all his goals whilst an innocent man and therefore we should not feel any guilt. Part of me just wishes it was all over now and we could quitly re-group for next season because if we do go up it will be because of the "rapist".

Basically I don't give a fuck about the last 2 games. If we win them both and go up....great....if we lose them both and the Pigs go up, again I don't give a monkeys chuff.

I still believe we can do it. At the start of the season I would have taken our position now. Destiny is in our hands two wins and we are up.

The loss of Ched, and timing is just terrible. This must have affected the players, and it showed in the first half today.

I just don't know what will happen next and hope someone can fill Cheds boots in the next two games.

Beattie is so slow and a shadow of the player he once was, his time has passed. Porter did quite well today, given that he did not get much service, but having said that I can't remember him having a shot on goal at all?

The young fella O'Halloran made a difference when he came on and he should play now. Quinn was poor, just not with it at all.

A bad week for the club.

If we should go up, what on earth are we going to do without Ched?

HH

fucking get a grip all of you.. grow a pair and get behind the fucking team.

i don't know what is worse.. losing a game or having to come on here to buck peoples ideas up ..
just like the fucking doom monger at work. . that's it nah.. wiv ad it nah..
try and be fans for a change instead of all this.. we'll fuck up.. we'll fuck up.. oh we've fucked up.. see i told you we'd fuck up.. didn't i say we'd fuck up. i'm so pleased because i was right.. aren't i clever.. attitude all over town

Agree sick of seeing the whining posts from the PC holier than thou brigade who want to pack it all in and go home.
Time to remember there is a squad of players out there who have done nothing wrong and have worked their bollocks off all season........... god knows how they would feel if they read some of the posts from our so called supporters.
FFS I fall into the half empty camp but NO FOOKER can say I don't care.

United fans have got behind the team though (tremendous following today); was there a higher away following in the country today?

Many just feel it is deja vu and sick of being let down and feel it is happening again. It has happened to the Blades so many times and many in their heart of hearts (I include myself) think it will happen again.

My negativity is based on years and years of let down. Most of the time United choke after doing so well to get to the playoff final or on verge of promotion/or staying up. So it is kind of natural for us to be pessmistic. I dont think expressing this on a forum should affect whether we win the next 2 games or not.

Does that make us any less of a fan? No. I will be there cheering them on next week and at Exeter and hopefully this once we wont balls it up.

Agree sick of seeing the whining posts from the PC holier than thou brigade who want to pack it all in and go home.
Time to remember there is a squad of players out there who have done nothing wrong and have worked their bollocks off all season........... god knows how they would feel if they read some of the posts from our so called supporters.
FFS I fall into the half empty camp but NO FOOKER can say I don't care.

On the contrary, I think it's the eternally optimists who are the Holier than thou set! For one thing they can't accept there's a difference between anticipating disaster and craving it. Does my bloody head in!

That said I'm in no way about to throw the towel in. I think we'll kick off next Saturday behind Wednesday but that's a situation we've been used to and have dealt with well I think four times over the past few weeks. I am a tad concerned that we've not beaten either Stevenage nor Exeter this season but I'm sure we'll throw everything at them.

I'll be singing my heart out at the Lane on Saturday and despite today I'm gutted I can't get down to Exeter thanks to a Loyalty Points swindle.

On the contrary, I think it's the eternally optimists who are the Holier than thou set! For one thing they can't accept there's a difference between anticipating disaster and craving it. Does my bloody head in!

That said I'm in no way about to throw the towel in. I think we'll kick off next Saturday behind Wednesday but that's a situation we've been used to and have dealt with well I think four times over the past few weeks. I am a tad concerned that we've not beaten either Stevenage nor Exeter this season but I'm sure we'll throw everything at them.

I'll be singing my heart out at the Lane on Saturday and despite today I'm gutted I can't get down to Exeter thanks to a Loyalty Points swindle.

It is silly about this "war" between the rose tinted, the cautious and the doomsters.

The fact is United are screwing it up, a team with balls (super-pig) would have got something today, a draw would have been fine. But oh know we ain't turned up by all accounts.

Well it's Burnley all over again if we are not careful. Wilson has to get a win next week. no arguments no fucking excuses. Why should the fans take the hit, it's the players on the bloody pitch not the fans?

I don't care what he does, hypnosis, bullying, cheating just get three bloody points.

If they do, confidence returns. If not it is all over. Wednesday will go up, and Stevenage will win the play offs and we'll be in the shit for a very, very long time.

United fans have got behind the team though (tremendous following today); was there a higher away following in the country today?

Many just feel it is deja vu and sick of being let down and feel it is happening again. It has happened to the Blades so many times and many in their heart of hearts (I include myself) think it will happen again.

My negativity is based on years and years of let down. Most of the time United choke after doing so well to get to the playoff final or on verge of promotion/or staying up. So it is kind of natural for us to be pessmistic. I dont think expressing this on a forum should affect whether we win the next 2 games or not.

Does that make us any less of a fan? No. I will be there cheering them on next week and at Exeter and hopefully this once we wont balls it up.

I fully agree. We will definitely be getting behind the team on Saturday (and those who are going to Exeter) because that's why we go to the games - to get behind the team. However, after seeing yesterday's game I am not confident at all and how could anyone be? We never looked like scoring one never mind two or three. What's going to change between now and the end of the season? The same players will have to get 6 points because I can't see the wendies slipping up and if we're packing out the Lane on Saturday, that doesn't usually go in our favour for some reason, the pressure seems to get to the players. I have only being watching the Blades since 2002 but I still know what it is like when they let you down e.g. both play off finals but most of the people on here have been watching them longer and have seen worse - there's obviously going to be a certain amount of pessimism.

Ched isn't a rapist, he has found himself in a position that literally hundreds of lads do every friday and saturday night up and down the country.

Maybe the hundreds of lads (probably thousands) in the same situation will stop and think in future.

Ched is a convicted rapist whatever you say or feel.

These situations are sordid and cheap and it is very sad that our society has the morals of alley cats.

I think both Exeter and wycombe will be down by the close of play on Saturday, therefore both final games should be won by us and the pigs. Pretty certain we'll lose on Saturday though, so we need Brentford to at least a point.

I wasn't there but we have been in the lowest league division in recent living memory. Until we get there can't see why people are complaining. Must be late season nerves kicking in. Let Danny do his job, lets see where we are come end of May. United fans are pessimistic by nature, but lets wait and see. Leave the moaning for if we blow it

The biggest concern for me is that Torrix has made the point that people are feeling numb and I can't believe that the players are not feeling like this as they know the lad far better than we do. One of the big things about this season has been the team spirit and togetherness and whilst I wasn't there yesterday, it didn't surprise me one bit that we didn't seem to have the usual tempo and seemed flat. Hopefully the home atmosphere will help on Saturday, hopefully the players can use it positively and hopefully, Brentford can go some way to helping this earler in the day !

i don't know what is worse.. losing a game or having to come on here to buck peoples ideas up ..
just like the fucking doom monger at work. . that's it nah.. wiv ad it nah..
try and be fans for a change instead of all this.. we'll fuck up.. we'll fuck up.. oh we've fucked up.. see i told you we'd fuck up.. didn't i say we'd fuck up. i'm so pleased because i was right.. aren't i clever.. attitude all over town

Thanks for saving me the time.

:)

UTB

The biggest concern for me is that Torrix has made the point that people are feeling numb and I can't believe that the players are not feeling like this as they know the lad far better than we do. One of the big things about this season has been the team spirit and togetherness and whilst I wasn't there yesterday, it didn't surprise me one bit that we didn't seem to have the usual tempo and seemed flat. Hopefully the home atmosphere will help on Saturday, hopefully the players can use it positively and hopefully, Brentford can go some way to helping this earler in the day !

If the players think he's innocent then they'll be desperate to win it for him. If they think he's guilty then they'll be desperate to prove that they can do it without him.

The biggest loss (after Ched obviously) was losing him the day before a match. Hoskins and the rest had no time to prepare. They now get a weeks preperation and 30,000 fans behind them, at home, with he task of beating Stevenage.

It still looks good.

UTB

One of the big things about this season has been the team spirit and togetherness and whilst I wasn't there yesterday, it didn't surprise me one bit that we didn't seem to have the usual tempo and seemed flat.

^^^^^^^ seconded.

When I heard the news on Friday - my immediate reaction after the shock had settled down was that we will lose at MKD.
How can DW pick up a close knit group to the required level in so short a time? Just not enough time. Next Saturday is another matter .... all is not lost. We are still in 2nd with all to play for and it is still in our hands.

Feeling nervous and trying to be positive ... do we ever do it any other way?

Agree with both of you, hopefully DW can turn it all into a positive. Yep, we never do things the easy way but we haven't done a lot wrong recently and were due an off day. The result at Brentford will obviously affect the atmosphere in and out of the dressing room next week and to be honest, the players shouldn't need gee-ing up for this one.

Obviously professionalism has to be considered , but I felt as flat as a fart yesterday so I can only imagine how the squad felt . The big kick in the nads yesterday was the winner at Porkland not the entirely understandable defeat at MK. We now collectively have a week to readjust the mindset so you would expect-as professionals- the players to do so but the bigger worry with our crop of "strikers" is how we manage to score goals.

Hoskins and the rest had no time to prepare.

Given Evans wouldn't have been at training, I'd be amazed if DW hadn't trained assuming yesterday's front two would start. Hoskins simply didn't look fit, and his work rate seemed poor. I'd really hoped he'd step up - very unsure after yesterday.

Not a question of whether you're less of a fan or not. More of a question of "if you're not going to turn up and get behind the team, what's the point of turning up at all?".

>For one thing they can't accept there's a difference between anticipating disaster and craving it. Does my bloody head in!
but some of you are 'always' anticipating disaster!!..even when we are 3-1 up.. it is a mental thing.. come on guesty.. make the leap
we have seemed to develop a liverpool esque victim culture.. we need to get over it. i put the blame firmly at warnocks door. he makes a living out of being the underdog/victim, he's already at it at leeds.. the tevez trial dragged on and now it is ingrained in our fabric.. we need to ditch this baggage fast
i feel a big post coming on

and i just read this
>The fact is United are screwing it up, a team with balls (super-pig) would have got something today,
heh.. i knew that one was coming.. only a SAF team or a Mourinho team would have got anything in those circumstances.. and respect to DW that is why they are the best managers in the world.

The circumstances are a bit different this time though. I don't think it's a case of the team choking. It's more down to the effect of events beyod their control. After what has happened it wasn't really surprising that we lost and Wednesday got a boost. I think the majority of teams in the league would have struggled to put in a performance yesterday if faced with similar circumstances.

exactly
damage limitation exercise.. sometimes you have to cut your losses and regroup

This team have shown over the last month that they are not chokers. Wednesday have put a huge amount of pressure on us and 3 games running played (and won) before us, meaning we had to respond with wins of our own to reclaim second place. We have done that at each time of asking. Also, we went to Notts County level on points with them, having seen our games in hand disappear with no advantage gained. We responded with a 5-2 away win.

If we fail to do it this time it will not be because we are chokers, it really will be because of the effect of off field events.

Why are the loyalty points a 'swindle' There are 40 tickets left by the way

Back
Top Bottom