Not enough fit players to hurt Chelsea

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I have to say that I’m very impressed with Heckinbottom interview, but it’s such a shame he hasn’t Egan, O’Connell, and Berge fit, I think we would give Chelsea a good game like the two we gave them last season.
but if the team looks bothered, tries, plays decent stuff then I’ll still be content.

It was a good presser to be fair, and I agree he comes across well does Hecky. Thought he gave an intelligent, calm perspective on the situation, now that everything has settled down.

As he says, noone expects us to get past Chelsea, but it is a one off game and provided the players put a shift in for him, it's not out of the question.

I just hope we see something a bit different tomorrow, not with the formation, as he is also wedded to the 3-5-2, but just in terms of style of play, and maybe a few fresh faces involved.

Chelsea haven't let loose yet under Tuchel but I fear tomorrow will be that day and only see a severe and damaging mauling.

Was it just me waiting for him to say thetty fotty an wi in a reyt takkin ?
Gi'oer lakin' abaht!
A very long time ago, when Barnsley did their season in the PL, I was working there (I only ever work, or live, in Sheffield or Barnsley, that may say a lot about me!). I saw this lass with a Barnsley shirt on, and on the back, where you would normally have your name or a player's name, this lass had "Frum Tarn" .
For those Blades who aren't familiar with South Yorkshire outside Sheffield, the translation is "I hail from the fine borough of Barnsley". I like to think that the only reason she had this was that neither she or the club shop staff could spell "Georgi Hristov", who was a rather good player for them at the time.
Despite all the piss taking, some of you may have spotted that I do have a soft spot for little old Barnsley (more the town than the football club). It is a bit rough and ready in places (most places, some would say!), but I've picked up the Old Norse/Anglo Saxon way of "kallin'" (that's talking, to me and thee), and no longer need an English/Barnsley dictionary. Unlike many places, it still has a real identity, and a bit more cultural stuff than you might think. When you live and/or work here, it sort of gets under your skin.
For me, better Barnsley than Basingstoke (but neither are Shiny Sheffield!).

Only good thing to come from over that way was Kes. And he's dead in a bin cos of jud.
We will be that kestrel if this is the best we can do.
Jud ahhhht.

I have to say that I’m very impressed with Heckinbottom interview, but it’s such a shame he hasn’t Egan, O’Connell, and Berge fit, I think we would give Chelsea a good game like the two we gave them last season.
but if the team looks bothered, tries, plays decent stuff then I’ll still be content.
I suspect if our entire squad was fit we would still not beat Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom