not a rumour but my targets...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sheffielder

Welcome Positive Nigel
Reaction score
Personally with the money constraints I would like to sign 2 strikers and a left winger if we keep McDonald and Williamson. Rest of the squad can be filled with the kids

2 out of the following 3 strikers

Grabban - Rotherham
Jordan Robertson - Former blade out of contract at scunny but looked to be finding his feet at this level.
Hoskins - Wants to move back up north and now Evans has gone I believe he would consider us. Doubt Brighton would want a feee for him.

1 of the following 3 left wingers (in order)

1. Taylor - Oldham - Bit of a twat but a very useful player
2. Roberts - On a free from Udders
3. Lee Cook - Out of contract at QPR. Decent player gone off the tracks... meet Mr Wilson

Robertson? No thanks, we've got enough 1 in 5 strikers already.

I'd put Toumani Diagouraga in there too - dependent on price and shifting on Montgomery. CM from Brentford, 6'4": could be League One's Patrick Vieira.

In terms of strikers: I know he didn't look great on loan years back but Izale McLeod has scored regularly for an awful Barnet side and wouldn't break the bank; he's quick and could be a good impact player.

As for wingers; I'd be on to Bill Dearden and his team, asking them to compile a list of suitable young players in Premiership squads: Man U/City/Arsenal, all of whom have a history of sending players out on loan to decent clubs.

I'd put Toumani Diagouraga in there too - dependent on price and shifting on Montgomery. CM from Brentford, 6'4": could be League One's Patrick Vieira.

In terms of strikers: I know he didn't look great on loan years back but Izale McLeod has scored regularly for an awful Barnet side and wouldn't break the bank; he's quick and could be a good impact player.

As for wingers; I'd be on to Bill Dearden and his team, asking them to compile a list of suitable young players in Premiership squads: Man U/City/Arsenal, all of whom have a history of sending players out on loan to decent clubs.

With you on the youngsters on loan. Maybe we can get a slim style freeman player from one of the big clubs. The reason I haven't put a midfielder in is because hopefully we have doyle and mcdonald then McAllister, Harriott and Williamson to back them up.

McLeod could be a good shout considering it will be his last chance

Duffy. At scunthorpe, Would be a decent signing and so would westwood from crewe Or togwell, I was also impressed with a lad WHO plays for rochdale he scored again us at there place forget his name

I'd love us to take a closer look at Freeman at Stevenage and at least enquire.

Danny Wilson singled him out as a threat in the play offs so clearly thinks he's dangerous (the home league game proved that). Whether he thinks he's affordable or good enough to play in our system is another question entirely

GK - Tommy Lee (Chesterfield) or Martin (MK Dons)
LB - Dean Lewington (MK Dons)
CB - Roberts (Stevanage)
CM - Stuart Gleeson (MK Dons)
CM - Grant MCcan (Peterborough)
LM - Gary Roberts (Huddesfield)
LM - Luke Freeman (Stevange)
ST - Dave Kitson (Portsmouth)
ST - Robbie Blake (Bolton)

Loan Signings that I would try for would be
Ryan Tunnicliffe (Man Utd)
Benik Afobe (Arsenal)
Sam Baldock (West Ham)
Ross Barkley (Everton)

Think we should try and shift a few more out yet, but try and keep the main spine of the team in Lowton, Maguire, Collins, Williamson, Doyle, Mcdonald, Quinn
and all the youngsters, unless they can get season long loans elsewhere but with recall options

we've just released a convicted rapist and you want to sign someone convicted of killing someone whilst driving dangerously? why dont we sign Nick Leeson as well, hear he's pretty handy on the left wing.

decent other options on the list tho :)

Transfer Targets:

LB: Evan Horwood - Hartlepool - 1 Goal/8 Assists
CM: Peter Leven - Oxford - 6 Goals/11 Assists
LM: Gary Roberts - Free Agent - 6 Goals/8 Assists
ST: Lee Miller - Carlisle - 14 Goals/11 Assists
ST: Andrew Williams - Yeovil - 16 Goals/4 Assists

First Game Line Up:

GK: Howard
RB: Lowton
CB: Maguire
CB: Collins
LB: Horwood
RM: Flynn
CM: Doyle
CM: Leven
LM: Roberts
ST: Williams
ST: Miller

SUB1: Long
SUB2: Creswell
SUB3: Whitehouse
SUB4: Tonne
SUB5: McAllister
SUB6: Williams
SUB7: Morgan

The club is properly broke, signings will have to be made from League One or League Two. Average wage in League One is £1400, United can better that even though their skint, whilst the club is in League One, it needs to start throwing it's weight around this division.

This management lark is so easy, isn't it?

So So Easy, how about a quiz?

What two things do the following Pig players have in common?

Reda Johnson
Jose Semedo
Ryan Lowe
Gary Madine
Chris O'Grady
Rob Jones
Chris Lines
Migual Llera
Mike Jones

Highlight to reveal answer: All of them signed from League One or League Two and all of them are now Championship players.

Miguel Llera was signed from the Championship :p

I agree with the sentiment of alot of posts, but I think people underestimate the difficulty in signing/buying players. There's not only us looking for them!

GK - Tommy Lee (Chesterfield) or Martin (MK Dons)
LB - Dean Lewington (MK Dons)
CB - Roberts (Stevanage)
CM - Stuart Gleeson (MK Dons)
CM - Grant MCcan (Peterborough)
LM - Gary Roberts (Huddesfield)
LM - Luke Freeman (Stevange)
ST - Dave Kitson (Portsmouth)
ST - Robbie Blake (Bolton)

Loan Signings that I would try for would be
Ryan Tunnicliffe (Man Utd)
Benik Afobe (Arsenal)
Sam Baldock (West Ham)
Ross Barkley (Everton)

Think we should try and shift a few more out yet, but try and keep the main spine of the team in Lowton, Maguire, Collins, Williamson, Doyle, Mcdonald, Quinn
and all the youngsters, unless they can get season long loans elsewhere but with recall options

I would go with all those players plus Lee Cook.

I assume Joe Lewis will just end up at another Championship side.

Miguel Llera was signed from the Championship :p

I agree with the sentiment of alot of posts, but I think people underestimate the difficulty in signing/buying players. There's not only us looking for them!

Never played a game for Blackpool, spent 99% of his career in England playing for League One clubs.

As fans we need to lower our expectations a lot, Kitson, Blake, Cook, McCann, Freeman are not going to sign for us. They either have massive wages or admirers from higher placed clubs.

Sheffield United Football Club are a financially troubled 3rd division side. Sorry to break it to anyone that hasn't realised yet.

Never played a game for Blackpool, spent 99% of his career in England playing for League One clubs.

As fans we need to lower our expectations a lot, Kitson, Blake, Cook, McCann, Freeman are not going to sign for us. They either have massive wages or admirers from higher placed clubs.

Sheffield United Football Club are a financially troubled 3rd division side. Sorry to break it to anyone that hasn't realised yet.

I know, I just thought I'd play the funny bugger with him signing from Blackpool :)

Have to agree completely with the rest of your post.

We, as fans, don't need to lower our expectations if they amount to Dave Kitson and Robbie Blake. What we need to start doing is realising that just because players have played at a higher level in the past doesn't mean they're good enough now.

I'd rather we took a chance on a player like Nakhi Wells (Bradford) than chucked money at Kitson or Blake's final payday.

Kitson, Blake, Cook and McCann are all available on frees, None of them will be on more money than Monty or Cresswell None of them have been able to attract major interest for the last few years. We cant take the risk on Young strikers as we need to get out this division.
And as for us being financially troubled you will find we are still in a far greater position than hell of a lot of championship clubs.

Kitson scored 4 goals in 35 games last season in the Championship. He's shown nothing over the past two years to suggest that he's capable of scoring the goals to get us out of this league - in 2010-11 he managed 8 goals in 39 games.

Blake has scored once in the past two years.

Neither of these players is good enough for Sheffield United and more importantly, neither could be relied on to score the goals to get us up.

As for bringing Montgomery and Cresswell's contracts into it: they're on probably three times the maximum wage we'll offer this season. Kitson is probably on 5 figures at Portsmouth and will sign for a lower end side in the Championship.

Kitson scored 4 goals in 35 games last season in the Championship. He's shown nothing over the past two years to suggest that he's capable of scoring the goals to get us out of this league - in 2010-11 he managed 8 goals in 39 games.

Blake has scored once in the past two years.

Neither of these players is good enough for Sheffield United and more importantly, neither could be relied on to score the goals to get us up.

As for bringing Montgomery and Cresswell's contracts into it: they're on probably three times the maximum wage we'll offer this season. Kitson is probably on 5 figures at Portsmouth and will sign for a lower end side in the Championship.

Agree with all that completely

Montgomery & Cresswell will be playing there last season at United guaranteed.

And as for us being financially troubled you will find we are still in a far greater position than hell of a lot of championship clubs.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/sheffield-united-blades-rediscovering.html

Read that all the way through and your'll see we we weren't 2 years ago so we are sure as hell aren't now.

Transfer Targets:

LB: Evan Horwood - Hartlepool - 1 Goal/8 Assists
CM: Peter Leven - Oxford - 6 Goals/11 Assists
LM: Gary Roberts - Free Agent - 6 Goals/8 Assists
ST: Lee Miller - Carlisle - 14 Goals/11 Assists
ST: Andrew Williams - Yeovil - 16 Goals/4 Assists

I hope all these players are out of contract. We are struggling financially as someone pointed out lower down in the post

Think we need some decent cover in midfield tbh, even if KMc stays - seems to be a bit injury prone.
As anyone seen the Torquay midfielder Eunan O'Kane??? I saw him a few times last season and he looks a handy: busy and tries to keep possession.......

Back
Top Bottom