Not a red - club should appeal that red card

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was the forth official who intervened and got Egan sent off on Boxing Day too if I remember rightly. Clearly their remit has been extended beyond administration of the technical area.

The FA's guidance to fourth officials states:

Guidelines for Referees
Referees should ensure that, like assistant referees, the Fourth Official ‘assists’ with their match control. The
primary responsibility for controlling the match remains with the referee who makes the final decision at all
times. In discharging this responsibility it is expected that referees will only seek assistance from the Fourth
Official in respect of significant match changing incidents which have been missed by the other three match
officials and which are clearly visible to the Fourth Official. Such incidents are:
 red card offences
 yellow card offences (as these could lead to a player been dismissed for a second yellow card)
 penalty area offences (e.g. handball on the goal line to prevent or illegally score a goal)
The Fourth Official must also indicate to the referee when the wrong player is cautioned or dismissed because
of mistaken identity or when a player is not sent off having been seen to be given a second caution.

Just for the netball fans saying it's a red card:

violent
/ˈvʌɪələnt/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
"local leaders are taking new steps to curb violent crime"

Just for the netball fans saying it's a red card:

violent
/ˈvʌɪələnt/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
"local leaders are taking new steps to curb violent crime"
No, you're right. I'm sure Jebbo's lashing out with his foot was just to help Tozer on his way.

It's ironic that since laws have been relaxed re foul challenges Jebbo gives Tozer a little tap and brushes him aside and gets sent off. It would have been completely different had Jebbo stamped on Tozer or thrown a punch. To give credit to Tozer he didn't appear to make anything of it and unlike some players would have, didn't collapse in a heap.

That decision would never in a million years be given against Liverpool or City

That Fabinho one was a disgrace. VAR had a looked and still only deemed it a yellow.

Football really is a big steaming pile of horseshit these days.

Isn’t a straight red 1 game ban ?

It's ironic that since laws have been relaxed re foul challenges Jebbo gives Tozer a little tap and brushes him aside and gets sent off. It would have been completely different had Jebbo stamped on Tozer or thrown a punch. To give credit to Tozer he didn't appear to make anything of it and unlike some players would have, didn't collapse in a heap.
Not quite right ...Tozer did turn round and moan/cry in the direction of the dugouts (4th official) pointing and looking at his ankle.

Not quite right ...Tozer did turn round and moan/cry in the direction of the dugouts (4th official) pointing and looking at his ankle.
My main point was that we see far worse challenges go unpunished these days. I should have maybe said Tozer didn't make much of it.

Apart from whinging to the fourth official like a pussy.

The only angle I've seen is the one we've all seen and that shows very little/nothing. I'm not saying the 4th official is lying but can an appeal really be denied based on the eyewitness account of one individual? I know he's an official but still, it seems a bit off that a 4th official could, at any point, see anything anywhere and say anything anytime. Its different to a court of law, I know, but eyewitness accounts aren't reliable enough for a conviction. I didn't see Tozer react or respond to anything and other than a couple mentions on this thread, nobody else did.

If Jebbison has done some kicking then he should take his medicine. All I'm saying is that the evidence available isn't really conclusive enough whatsoever. And why was Tozer, the victim in this, booked at all? What part did he play that warranted a yellow?

Fourth Official should have told the ref what he saw and let the ref deal with it in his own mind. He didn't he basically demanded a red for Jebbo and a yellow for their man. You could read the cunts lips.

Should be dropped next week that FO.
The fourth official is a qualified ref who is there to assist the match referee. His job is to do exactly what he did and he seems to have got it spot on.
VAR would have done it if it were being used.

The only angle I've seen is the one we've all seen and that shows very little/nothing. I'm not saying the 4th official is lying but can an appeal really be denied based on the eyewitness account of one individual? I know he's an official but still, it seems a bit off that a 4th official could, at any point, see anything anywhere and say anything anytime. Its different to a court of law, I know, but eyewitness accounts aren't reliable enough for a conviction. I didn't see Tozer react or respond to anything and other than a couple mentions on this thread, nobody else did.

If Jebbison has done some kicking then he should take his medicine. All I'm saying is that the evidence available isn't really conclusive enough whatsoever. And why was Tozer, the victim in this, booked at all? What part did he play that warranted a yellow?
Tozer pushed/pulled Jebbison, Jebbison reacted, and Tozer shouldered Jebbison in the back. The fourth official decided Jebbison was worth a red, Tozer a yellow.

Many red cards have been awarded in the past on the say-so of referees without video evidence. If the player can produce video evidence to prove the ref is wrong, then the red card can be overturned, but if all available evidence (even if that is only one man) says guilty, then they won't overturn it. Many games don't even have TV cameras, but red cards can still be validly issued and confirmed.

The long distance shot appears to confirm that Jebison kicked out at Tozer, and it's no defence to say that he missed ("attempting to kick" is also a red card offence) or that he barely touched him or that other refs wouldn't have sent him off. All of that may be true, but if this ref (via his fourth official) deems that the offence was serious enough to get a red card, the card can only be overturned if Jebbison can prove it didn't happen or that a red card was clearly the wrong punishment.

The forth official actually got play stopped to send jebbo off. Never seen anything like it.

The forth official actually got play stopped to send jebbo off. Never seen anything like it.
I don't know if the Wrexham fans saw what happened but all the Blades fans seemed bemused by what was going on

He wouldn't dream of doing that at Old Trafford or Anfield...

He'll probably never ref that high up...

The 4th official would have been as close to the incident as the Hecky . What did Hecky say about it?

The fourth official is a qualified ref who is there to assist the match referee. His job is to do exactly what he did and he seems to have got it spot on.

Is that based on what you saw during the coverage on Sunday, or have better angles been found? I honestly cannot see anything in those original pictures.

Jack Robinson would never get a game if that level of contact is deemed a red. 🤷‍♂️

Is that based on what you saw during the coverage on Sunday, or have better angles been found? I honestly cannot see anything in those original pictures.

Jack Robinson would never get a game if that level of contact is deemed a red. 🤷‍♂️
It’s based on what he saw and then said to the ref.
There doesn’t seem to be anybody who saw it indicating that DJ didn’t kick out or lash out. Either of those is a red card.
I haven’t seen Robinson being that obvious off the ball, aggressive though he is when the ball is close.

A bit of afters however Tozer had hold of Jebbo I think. Jebo pushed him away.no way a red card offer.
On the other hand, in the Brighton v Liverpool match, Fabino should have been sent off deliberately slashing the back of Evan Fergusons' leg.
In front of var as well.

If they are there to assist the referee then have they all lost the ability to count to six every time the goalie picks the ball up ?

That’s the problem, the easy stuff should be a doddle with a fourth official but that rule seems to be completely overlooked. Basically it’s shear incompetence.

Also the surrounding of ref’s has massively ramped up again this season, but guess what ? ……. the authorities are too weak to enforce the laws of the game.

If they are there to assist the referee then have they all lost the ability to count to six every time the goalie picks the ball up ?

That’s the problem, the easy stuff should be a doddle with a fourth official but that rule seems to be completely overlooked. Basically it’s shear incompetence.

Also the surrounding of ref’s has massively ramped up again this season, but guess what ? ……. the authorities are too weak to enforce the laws of the game.
That annoys me to be fair, yes the referee needs to earn the respect of the players through communication etc however surrounding of referees there is no excuse for. The offence would be a caution for dissent which if the ball is in play would be an indirect free kick. I quite like the Rugby Law where any talking back and they move the penalty in their case 10 metres up the pitch, i think that could be an option plus Captains should take on much more responsibility. In Rugby you see the referees actively use them to communicate to the team on all aspects however football it is like an honorary title.

Back
Top Bottom