No Common Sense Refs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

originaltrueblade

Reaction score
Why have referees moved from blowing the whistle constantly to now letting players conduct kicking booting and wrestling players to the ground.

From one extreme to to another. I know football is a physical game but last night we had no protection against some brutal stuff and more injuries are happening because of it.
Shocking tef last night Tommy Doyle kicked high up no booking and Baldock gets booked for a shoulder charge but some of the brutal stuff dished out last night had a referee who had lost control or had been told to let them literally do what they like

Injuries are mounting for every team because of NO COMMON SENSE MIDDLE GROUND from refs and linesmen

Last edited:
Reactions: SWB

I think Doyle was kicked in the chest not face and he was stooping.

Personally I'm loving it far better than Refs blowing their whistle every 5 seconds.
No common sense middle ground though. I suppose it’s okay if your into wrestling ..injuries will mount and attitudes will change to a sensible approach

What injuries did we get yesterday that was down to the ref being lenient.. I cannot think of one, the only one I'm not sure on is RND, was he hurt when three of our defender's collided together.

Wes was sickness
McBurnie feel awkwardly

Both nothing to do with the Ref.
A lot of our injuries seem to occur in training rather than in matches.
Also we are not exactly squeaky clean ourselves when it comes to "Wrestling".

When Doyle was kicked I thought it was an attempt to play the ball, so a yellow for dangerous play would have been right. The one on Illy when he was lying on the floor was an assault. Their corner "routine" where one of their players launched himself into our players knees, injuring two of them would have drawn a flag in the NFL.

Overall I’m glad refs will let more go and games can continue but sometimes like the two handed shove in the back of mcB in the second half and the boot in the chest of Doyle should be dealt with.

I don't mind it, actually quite like the tougher game but it has to be consistent. Not just in the game but across all games.

I like the return of the more physical side of football. That referee was extremely poor & quickly let it get out of hand, as well as being inconsistent with his decisions.

Back
Top Bottom