Next four games, Predictions.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
Carlise Away... draw at best

Preston Home .. Defeat

Wolves Away .. Hammering

Crawley Home .. Defeat

Thats even with the maximum number of loans allowed. We are in the shit.

I wish i had mate!
Seriously, i would be shitting myself if i was Weir. I dont even think going to 442 will make an difference. Alex Ferguson couldnt get this team winning matches.

I bet Danny Wilson could. He'd at least stop us conceding so easily.

I bet Danny Wilson could. He'd at least stop us conceding so easily.

Now perhaps it becomes clear why we seemed a bit negative last season (in comparison to the one before). Wilson was probably well aware of the limitations of his players and adopted a system of play that they could cope with and made us hard to beat.

If we had been conceding goals last season at the same rate as we are this season, we would have been in a similar position in the table as we are now.

As Silent and others have said in other threads, the system of play that we use should be based on the abilities of the players at our disposal.

I can only see the odd point here and there and a series of defeats.

It will never work playing the way he wants us to play with these players. They could play like this for 3 or 4 years and most will never be able to play like Barca, Swansea.

He either has to swallow his pride and change the approach (not even formation for me - its the way we are playing) or change several of the players. He said he wanted to give the all a go in the summer which was clearly foolish. The fact he knew nothing about many of the players was always a concern for me and he has wasted 3 months evaluating what is in essence 'crap.' Sadly it is too late to change the players (at least until January which is too late).

We can get a few in on loan but not the 8 or 9 first teamers (not more average to rubbish like McGinty, McGinn, Taylor, Johns etc that are not even close to first teamers) that we needed to turn it around. It is remarkable we have 7 professional full backs (Hill, Williams, McGinty, Johns, McMahon, Westlake, Barry) in the squad and only Hill is at best steady. The rest are abysmal.

The likes of McMahon, Doyle, Collins, Flynn etc are completely devoid of bottle and are 'losers'. Until we get rid of this culture (many of these seem to blame everyone but themselves for mistakes) then we will always struggle. This club needs a massive clear out from top to bottom but much of the nucleus of the side (the so called spine and leaders) is the same one as last season. There is no leadership in the side whatsoever.

So it seems he is going to persist with his approach and he cannot change the players so sadly I feel it will just continue as it is now. The big question is if this does happen and we keep losing as I expect whether the new owner will be very patient. Most owners do not tend to be. McCabe will be swayed quite a bit too as without investment he knows we are stuck so in all likelihood it will be the decision of the Prince.

Whatever people say about it being along term project we have to see some strides and some improvements but continually losing and playing poorly suggest at the moment there is none (we have lost last 3 away games by 2 clear goals). I don not want us to have to change the manager again and hope he at least adapts his style and as others say play to the strengths (ahem!) of the players we have because for the most part due to moronic decisions previously leaving us saddled with utter crap. If he carries on stubbornly and we lose 4 or 5 or go another 6 or 7 without a win; whatever me or others think, they will probably sack him. He surely must know that even allowing for time and patience needed that the performances, results and current league position is unacceptable and will know he has to change something? We may have to play ugly for periods of games just to get us up the league. I just do not see how passing football at the back/midfield works with such a slow pace and poor players. I would rather get it forward quickly and then try and play football in the last third.

Be interesting to see if any come in over the next few weeks because as this thread suggests after Carlisle we play 2 very good sides who could take us apart in the same way others have.

And yet with the same defence last season we had the second tightest defence in this division. We also scored very few goals, but still got in the play offs. We have to change the way we set about teams until we obtain better players.

The defence played to the percentages last year (ok was hoof a lot) but did not try and be Bobby Moore and just got it into the last third quickly. They are under instruction to pass it and play from the back. They cannot do it.

How many goals have come from our over play this season? Brentford a couple, a couple today off top of my head.

Daft as it sounds if he wants to play this way and is so stubborn he wont change it or wont have a plan B; then he needs to sign 2 centre backs next week. As these 2 cannot play like this.

The funny thing is, if we hadn't sold Nick "we got a good price for him, he only scores penalties" Blackman, we would probably now be in the Championship with an entirely different squad.

The funny thing is, if we hadn't sold Nick "we got a good price for him, he only scores penalties" Blackman, we would probably now be in the Championship with an entirely different squad.

Great bit of business that. Our steady decline in both league position and goals scored since is merely a coincidence.

I can see us beating Carlisle, and Preston. Wolves and Crawley both draws best case, but realistically, lose to Wolves by quite a margin.

I think -

Carlisle 0 - 2 Blades. They look very poor at home.

Blades 0 - 1 Preston. They will be well organised and that is that as we know.

Wolves 5 - 0 Blades. Could be a painful one.

Blades 1 - 2 Crawley. They look better than us from snippets I have seen.

My thoughts are :

Blades 0

Blades 0

Blades 0

Blades 0

Not sure what the other team will score and we might get a couple of points.

Back
Top Bottom