New shirt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

chesblade

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get a name off the back. My lad bought the new shirt on morning of release then before notts county game same day paid to have McDonald on back. After 2 weeks wear it's not much use with his name on back.

I can't think of any easy way of doing it in all honesty.

I would go to The Star news desk and get your young un to show his disappointment of having a now useless football shirt due to United selling his idol. Who knows United might even show a bit of heart considering it's only two weeks old but that said........

Anyone know how to get a name off the back. My lad bought the new shirt on morning of release then before notts county game same day paid to have McDonald on back. After 2 weeks wear it's not much use with his name on back.

We've got an up-and-coming youngster called Jamie-Dean McDonagh. I'd just change the last two letters and Bob's your Uncle.:)

Or simply go to the shop and pay for the letter S on the end then he would simply be promoting his favourite pre match snack?

Or take it down to the Lane and wait for that prize, glistening bell-end of a Chairman to sashay out of his Bentley and choke the living piss out of him with it on matchday.

pommpey

That "like" was granted based entirely on the assumption you meant the owner because I haven't got the faintest idea who our chairman is at the moment.

You could always change your name by deed poll to McDonald. ;)

Reminds me of some acquaintances whose surname was Cork. The Cork juniors had their surname on the back of their shirts (this was in the Bassett era when the 'great' Alan was playing for the Blades.) You wouldn't believe the amount of derision they used to get from people when turning up to Blades games wearing their shirts and forever having to explain it was their name too.

That "like" was granted based entirely on the assumption you meant the owner because I haven't got the faintest idea who our chairman is at the moment.

Any of them, Latters. None of this lot seem to want Sheffield United to go anywhere but stay in Div 1, for whatever fucking reason. Maybe they think that if they weaken the side so much we'll end up relegated and bankrupt. Hush my mouth. Why should I even entertain such a thought, eh?

pommpey

This is the sole reason that my son isnt allowed a players name on the back.
He can have a number and his name but not a players name. If he is any good then that player will be sold.

I have to agree with Stanny, any Blades fan who has a players name (particularly one of the limited few good ones) is very optimistic if they think it will stay current for long! Best bet is a name like Doyle or Williams they could be around for a while.

Best option suggested so far, was accosting the owner in the car park, there may be a few hanging around without shoes at the same time!

I think with the circus over Teves that Manure fans got the chance to exchange the shirts.

Notts County (I think) did it when Sol Campbell sodded off without playing for them as well

The club should make a statement to replace any new shirt sold with a players name, who happens to leave before the transfer window closes.

Least they can do in the circumstances.

Stick it in a vat of bright orange dye and sell it to the next unsuspecting Wolves fan that you encounter.
Remember to take a pad and pencil with you so you can draw pictures for them

Do you want a serious answer?

Go to the shop, ask them to put it on the iron and when it's hot, they'll peel straight off.

I was in the shop the other week and they put the totally wrong name on the back of somebody's shirt. When asked if they could re-sell i.e. wait for somebody to come in with that name she said - no, they'll peel back off.

Cheers

The club should make a statement to replace any new shirt sold with a players name, who happens to leave before the transfer window closes.

Least they can do in the circumstances.

There are terms and conditions saying that it's at your discretion etc..

Thanks for the suggestions, some good one's. Asked in the shop tonight with no joy. They didn't say anything
About re ironing to remove the name ,had no suggestions on how to remove only we always suggest people wait until transfer Window closes. Never said to us ever this time or in the past. Suppose it's a good job winters coming so he can wear his coat and it won't be seen

Just think yourself lucky he didn't want the new "Norwich" shirt...can't imagine any of those have been even close to having a name and number printed on them.

Thanks for the suggestions, some good one's. Asked in the shop tonight with no joy. They didn't say anything
About re ironing to remove the name ,had no suggestions on how to remove only we always suggest people wait until transfer Window closes. Never said to us ever this time or in the past. Suppose it's a good job winters coming so he can wear his coat and it won't be seen

Put a t-towel on inside of shirt and one on outside of shirt. Put iron on quite high and hold it over for a few seconds. They'll defo peel off..

DONT PUT IRON ON SHIRT!

sorry to not be helpful but that's the reason I wont ever get a blades players name on my back.

You would think that after 20 years of seeing person after person whingeing that they have just spent £60 on a customised shirt with player X on it, only for player X to be sold a fortnight later, that buying a shirt is the name and number of a first team player is not the brightest idea.

I remember when we had Petr Katchouro and I was hassling my parents to get me a shirt with his name a number. I got 17 on the back but they weren't having any of it, to have his name on the back. He left a couple of months later too....

Just keep it. K-Mac might return in 15 years time when he's all washed up like Brian Deane, James Beattie etc. then his kids can wear it.

You would think that after 20 years of seeing person after person whingeing that they have just spent £60 on a customised shirt with player X on it, only for player X to be sold a fortnight later, that buying a shirt is the name and number of a first team player is not the brightest idea.

Unless it was someone such as Paul Blades ex - Derby, Wolves, Rov-rum or Brian Blades ex - Seattle Seahawks wide receiver.

Try telling a 13 year old not to do something with his own money. He will learn eventually. Will give the towel idea a go.

Back
Top Bottom